Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#426805 - 05/17/05 10:18 PM Re: Gay Supporters Denied Communion
geedis Offline

Loc: AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by Paul Herden:
12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside?
13 God will judge those outside.
--1 Corinthians 5

Mommmmmm, when is Final Judgement getting heeeere already? I'm impatient!
Corinthians is the part of the Bible that seems to get glossed over. I think it may be because of the sections which can be interpreted to condone witchcraft. That's what the witches tell me anyway.

#426806 - 05/18/05 09:37 PM Re: Gay Supporters Denied Communion
David Porta Offline

Quote:

12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside?
--1 Corinthians 5

Yeah? Gay Supporters were Denied Communion. They were in church.

#426807 - 05/19/05 11:58 AM Re: Gay Supporters Denied Communion
SteveK Offline

To me those passages of Corinthians are pretty cut and dried. As in, if your not a Christian you don't have to adhere to Christian principles. Say's God will handle that, and it's my hunch by taking in other passages of the New Testament that by "God handling" it, it won't be a rosy outcome. Conversely though, if you are a Christian you are to be held accountable according to Christian doctirne, which clearly shuns homosexuality. Basically if your not Christian you indeed had better live it up now, because what lies ahead is not "happily ever after".

And you guys stance on communion is a bit skewwed too. You are supposed to repent of sin and cleanse your heart prior to taking any sacrement. The Bible is implicit when it details the punishment for taking communion with an impure heart. Sounds to me like these congregants were about to partake in communion without repentence, which is a major no-no. Someone mentioned earlier that "it's wrong to deny communion becasue of politics", and i guess that's so, but they are totally unrelated. It's not a political question at that point, it's theologic. And with the forwarned punishment being seperation from God, on an eternal basis, i would hope my pastor, priest, or reverand would withhold it if he knew my heart was not repentant. Again it looks like a case were pratitioners would rather simply change church doctrine than have to live up to it's mandates. Gotta so though, in our "easy way" society, i'm not totally shocked.

#426808 - 05/19/05 06:31 PM Re: Gay Supporters Denied Communion
Paul Herden Offline

Loc: location
Quote:
Originally posted by David Porta:
Quote:
--1 Corinthians 5
Yeah? Gay Supporters were Denied Communion. They were in church.
Is this for real? "Outside the church" means "OUTSIDE" the church to you?

So if 20 gay men decided to conduct an orgy on Easter Sunday, but restricted their activities to the front lawn and driveway outside your church? That'd be acceptable behavior and none of your concern, according to your view of Corinthians scripture?

Does "as ye sow, so shall ye reap" apply only to religious farmers now? Do you have to be a talking sheep to say "The Lord is my shepherd"?

O Jesus, deliver us from nudniks.

#426809 - 05/19/05 08:24 PM Re: Gay Supporters Denied Communion
David Porta Offline

Quote:
Is this for real?

Are you being deliberately obtuse?

Or are you really that stupid?

I responded to a quote about not judging non-Christians. The thread-topic folks in question don't fall in that category. The priest judged the fitness of Christians (in church, in the church, members of the church, church folk, are you a total idiot) to receive communion.

Stupidity.

#426810 - 05/19/05 09:52 PM Re: Gay Supporters Denied Communion
Paul Herden Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Paul Herden-- 5/17, post #14:
Since you're such a fan of Corinthians, Mr. Porta, how about justifying your judgemental viewpoint with the following passage?
(
quote from 1 Corinthians 5)
A lovely deflection, but the actual question was about you, Mr. Porta. I've requoted it for your convenience.

I posted the Corinthians passage following your endorsement of Corinthians, in light of your judgemental viewpoint.

How do you reconcile your belief in the cited scripture with your superior disdain for other faiths?

#426811 - 05/21/05 05:11 PM Re: Gay Supporters Denied Communion
Paul Herden Offline

Dear Dave,

As you've returned to this board multiple times since my previous post, leaving a dozen messages on a half-dozen threads, can I assume that you've decided not to answer the above question?

I don't want to make the wrong assumption, you know, what with my being so stupid and all. I mean, I'm so dumb, I actually thought American women from the mid-19th century on used douches and IUDs and cervical caps and diaphragms to thwart unwanted pregnancy. What a dope I am! It took a shrewd historian like you to explain to me that Americans have traditionally opposed contraception, and were only using those devices to prevent disease.

#426812 - 05/22/05 12:11 AM Re: Gay Supporters Denied Communion
geedis Offline

Loc: AZ

Only God can create nudniks. He doesn't do it to annoy you, he just thinks it's really funny.

Replace your own thoughts with Bible quotes.

#426813 - 05/22/05 01:51 AM Re: Gay Supporters Denied Communion
Paul Herden Offline

Davey, Davey, Davey,

Have I not written to thee excellent things in counsels and knowledge,
That I might make thee know the certainty of the words of truth; that thou mightest answer the words of truth to them that send unto thee?
--Proverbs 22:20-21

No? No answer? What a convenient time for you to demonstrate (at long last) that you have an "ornament of a meek and quiet spirit." (Peter 3:4)

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3