Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#444380 - 12/30/99 01:02 PM Re: Farewell addendum
Joe Zabel Offline

Loc: Cleveland Heights, OH 44106
Mark--

Although I'm not likely to forget the profanity and name-calling with which Jack responded to my criticisms, I don't bear him any ill will, I don't hold a grudge, and I wish him the best with his enterprises. If you or he are interested in knowing what small press comics I recommend, check out my Amazing Montage website.

Don, you're distinguished. You'll just have to live with it! [img]http://207.69.158.95/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

------------------
Joe Zabel
joezabel@hotmail.com
Vist the Amazing Montage webpage: http://members.tripod.com/~amazingmontage or go to the Joe Zabel booth in 'Select a Booth' above!

#444381 - 12/31/99 04:53 AM Re: Farewell addendum
jack Offline

Loc: Just south of NYC
If this breaks my "pledge" so be it.

Since I was so rude publicly to Joe Zabel, I would like to publicly apologise to him in this post.

I am deeply sorry for cursing at you topside in a public forum. That was uncalled for, out of line and completely destroyed any credibility that I was trying to build with my thread, whatever my emotional position at the time.

I regret that.

Even in the midst of the worst of it, you were honorable with your responses and intent, even inviting me to use your resources for my project, in the face of my over the top posturing in anger at you. I am wrong about what I said about you, and am wrong for having said it in such a horrible way.

I sincerely apologise, and will point out that part of my apology will be an assurance that I'll check my six pack of vitriol and case of bitterness at the door before I come in, in any future exchanges we may have.

#444382 - 12/31/99 09:24 AM Re: Farewell addendum
Samuel Catalino Offline

Now Jack's stock has risen considerably with above post.

Takes a real man to do that.

Well done Jack.

Sam

#444383 - 12/31/99 11:06 AM Re: Farewell addendum
Don Markstein Offline

Loc: Earth
Ohf'gawdsakes, two of 'em!

So I don't know you two, huh? You, on the other hand, know all about me -- after all, as you said, you've heard Jack talk all day about the people on these boards. And if the sampling I got in yesterday's sojourn in The Gutters is any indication, that would include a certain amount of muttering about me -- as well as various members of my family who are not otherwise a part of this discussion.

But I think you underestimate how much we all know of Jack. From your posts alone, we know he's capable of holding grudges for years, based on any little offense. (His only specific complaint about me, for example, beyond a lot of stuff with all the cognitive content of *#$%@@!!!, is that I make an effort to make my posts sound literate and intelligent.)

We also know, from you, that he talks all day about us, despite the fact that he knows us about as well as -- well, as I know you, for example. The word for this sort of behavior is "obsessing". When people do it, the kindest assumption is that they simply don't have anything more important or personally relevant to occupy their thoughts. A suggestion that he might be better off by finding more satisfying things to think about is not out of line.

Oh, but now you've explained -- tracking the little personality conflicts of these boards directly affects your livelihoods!

Like I said, ohf'gawdsakes, two of 'em!

Comics aren't a "momentary diversion" for me, either, by the way -- my involvement with the industry puts food on my family's table too. But I know what matters in my work, and Internet message boards, while not totally irrelevant (I've done business here) occupy a very small niche in it.

Quote:
How 'bout I keep YOU far away instead?

That's a very kind offer. I suggest The Gutters as a 100% Markstein-free zone. There, you can even talk about me, as insultingly, irrelevantly, or downright stupidly as you like, without fear that I'll comment back.

After yesterday's little eye-opener, tho, I don't guarantee I won't listen in.

Quack, Don

------------------
HUNDREDS of daily comics -- and MORE!
http://www.stormloader.com/markstein/daily.htm
"Your Daily Dose Links Page"

#444384 - 12/31/99 11:10 AM Re: Farewell addendum
Don Markstein Offline

Loc: Earth
P.S.
It's the white hair, Joe. That's all. If I shaved it off and pierced my eyelids, you wouldn't say I was -- what you said.

Quack, Don

------------------
HUNDREDS of daily comics -- and MORE!
http://www.stormloader.com/markstein/daily.htm
"Your Daily Dose Links Page"

#444385 - 12/31/99 11:24 AM Re: Farewell addendum
Ben Adams Offline

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Quote:
I sincerely apologise, and will point out that part of my apology will be an assurance that I'll check my six pack of vitriol and case of bitterness at the door before I come in, in any future exchanges we may have.

Unfortunately, a new round of vitriol (from our man Jack of course) has been directed at me in the gutters.

I really have to question the sincerity of the apology and think it might be (to use Jack's favorite phrase) "ass-kissing".

------------------
Ben Adams
Read PRISONOPOLIS online and learn about the celling of America at www.mediawarpcomics.com .

[This message has been edited by Ben Adams (edited 12-31-1999).]

#444386 - 12/31/99 11:24 AM Re: Farewell addendum
Joe Zabel Offline

Loc: Cleveland Heights, OH 44106
Jack--

Apology accepted. 'Water under the bridge' as they say. [img]http://207.69.158.95/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

#444387 - 12/31/99 12:22 PM Re: Farewell addendum
Ben Adams Offline

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Some added notes...

Despite our differences, Jack, I do have positive things to say about your contributions to this board and hope your effort is a big success.

So I apologize if I upset you with anything I said. I do believe you're sincerely dedicated to getting this thing to work, and I think that's great.

However, if I see someone like Don Markstein or Kady Mae get unfairly beat on, I may speak up. I call 'em the way I see 'em.

------------------
Ben Adams
Read PRISONOPOLIS online and learn about the celling of America at www.mediawarpcomics.com .

[This message has been edited by Ben Adams (edited 12-31-1999).]

#444388 - 12/31/99 10:17 PM Re: Farewell addendum
buck futter Offline

Loc: Central City
I've never considered condescension or egocentrism attributes of any "distinguished" gentleman. That this adjective is used in regard to Don Markstein is especially laughable.

Of course, if Don never reads this post of mine (as he has alluded elsewhere, he scrolls past my humble missives...boo hoo), he sadly remains ignorant of the hilarity he's engendered. What a pity.

Jack Venooker, on the other hand, despite his bombast and sometimes vulgar vitriol on these boards, has always demonstrated a great love of comics, a support of the small and alternative press, and a promotional savvy that just might help Connect Sales take off.

And what have you done for comics lately, Mr. Markstein?

Besides for yourself, I mean...

#444389 - 01/01/00 08:27 AM Re: Farewell addendum
jack Offline

Loc: Just south of NYC
Just a quick float up to wish Unca Donnie a Happy New Year (sincerely!!!) and to also let him know he mis-spelled *#$%@@!!!, its actually *#$%@!!!, you never use double @'s before !'s. I know you don't use that stuff much, so I thought I would help you out a little.

[This message has been edited by jack (edited 01-01-2000).]

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >