Topic Options
#444518 - 01/03/00 07:12 PM TIMESPELL IS SPELLBINDING!!
jack Offline

Loc: Just south of NYC
Well, I just got my spanking brand new copy of Timespell (thanks Rich) as soon as the store copies come in we'll get it on the new listings, and it will obviously be one of the early entries on the small press page.

Well I must say, if all we have to do is buy and sell your book to get you to spend more time drawing, then by all means spend more time drawing. The pencils show a quantum leap forward from issue three...the evolution is dramatic! I'm especially impressed by the way you are bringing depth into the panels with architecture and perspective. I can still see where you are rushing things though in some panels, and I would just caution you in future works to take your time when you feel yourself getting hurried. It looks so good when you take your time. Like the panel sequence on page 18, the way you use the stairs in all three panels is very coherent visually, draws the eye in the story right where you want to go.

So are you swiping one of the Sopranos characters faces? I'm referring to Mario, he looks like that lead guy in the HBO series.

Just ACE work Rich!!!! Awesome cover and package, and its a FUN read!

#444519 - 01/03/00 10:39 PM Re: TIMESPELL IS SPELLBINDING!!
Rich Henn Offline

Loc: Eldersburg, MD USA
That's right...James Gandolfini, a.k.a. Tony Soprano IS...
Mario Cipriani.
Good eye. Well, hard to miss.
Yep, that fine actor was indeed my model for Mario. I had the most fun drawing him for this book.
"You're late."
"You said noon."
"It's 12:15. Buy a f--king watch."

The Inner Harbor scene in Baltimore took me about 2 weeks to do.
The stone stairwell scene with Steele, Rasmus and Fat Eddie took about a week.
I abused the hell out of my French Curve!

I agree, Jack. I want to redraw issue #3 entirely for my new inker.
Mostafa is simply the best find.
Did you know he's got a book coming out from Image Comics in March?
IRON WINGS. It's in this month's Previews.

And my cover artist, Brian Rood, has an X-Men story he painted, written by Paul Jenkins coming out in a couple months. Look in X-Men Unlimited.

Again, glad you liked the book.
All reorders via Diamond, use code JUL991328.

#444520 - 01/04/00 07:39 AM Re: TIMESPELL IS SPELLBINDING!!
jack Offline

Loc: Just south of NYC
Yeah we are going to order iron wings, I saw that [img]http://207.69.158.95/ubb/smile.gif[/img]