Page 13 of 22 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 21 22 >
Topic Options
#453170 - 09/01/00 03:30 PM Re: What can Organized Readers do for you?
Tim Frell Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NY
It seems to me that Jack and Rick Olney have a lot of personality traits in common; specifically that they're both irrational hotheads who appear to suffer from severe cases of Tourette's Syndrome.

I've known more than a few comic shop owners who fit that profile, so Jack should manage to survive in spite of these character flaws, although I pity his customers.

ORCA on the other hand, (whatever ORCA really is) could probably do better with a cooler head at its helm. Olney seems to be working very hard at doing the complete OPPOSITE of Public Relations, (would that be "Public Alienations"?).

#453171 - 09/01/00 03:49 PM Re: What can Organized Readers do for you?
Howard Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Greg:
Wait wait wait. I was under the impression that it was on your second request.

"I had contacted RICK a few months back...Apparently he had lost (or never received) my initial questions."

Yes, that's accurate. The order of events was:
a) I asked for an interview
b) Rick agreed
c) I came up with a few starter questions
d) a long period of nothing
e) stuff happens here at Comicon
f) I re-ask for the interview
g) Rick agrees again
h) I send questions
i) Rick answers questions
j) Rick posts message on TCJ that he has done interview with me
i) I post again here.

See? Simple. [img]http://209.198.111.165/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

The matter of ORCA's tax status was addressed in the interview. And yes, I could answer the questions right here and now--but then I wouldn't have an article to write, and wouldn't get paid. [img]http://209.198.111.165/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

------------------
Howard Price
Staff Writer
TheComicStore.com

#453172 - 09/01/00 04:21 PM Re: What can Organized Readers do for you?
Rick Bradford Offline

Loc: Texas, USA
I guess what I really don't understand is why anybody whose only knowledge of ORCA comes from message boards (which I assume is most of us here) would want to be involved with it.

Yes, I agree with the goal of ORCA. But I also know that the founder and self-appointed spokesperson for the group:
a) is paranoid
b) is delusional
c) is combative
d) can't resist grade school level name-calling
e) talks in circles
f) can't give a simple, truthful answer to a simple question regarding his organization
g) appears to have greater-than-normal (for comics geeks) self-importance issues
h) threatens people with physical harm and/or legal action when he's cornered and/or losing an argument
i) is a liar (the most recent and most obvious being "Donations to ORCA ARE TAX DEDUCTABLE!"). Anybody notice how, in this thread, he kept telling people with questions to e-mail him privately so he wouldn't have to offer an explanation that could be attacked publicly?
j) is defensive
k) doesn't answer direct questions and then claims that he did (but won't repeat himself). It's not like the first time he did this was in this thread.
l) is quite possibly off his nut

And I'm not even talking about the Gutters, folks. The traits listed above are not there because they've happened once or twice. These are regular character traits that can be witnessed daily on this board (when he's not banned) and the Comics Journal board. I've been reading his posts for about two years now and know enough about ORCA's founder to know I'd never want to be involved with it, let alone want kids to be involved with it, as long as Olney is at the helm.

It deeply disturbs me to know that he's involving himself with children on a regular basis and it forces me to question the rest of the ORCA staff. I'm not kidding.

--Ricko

#453173 - 09/01/00 06:04 PM Re: What can Organized Readers do for you?
jack Offline

Loc: Just south of NYC
>>It seems to me that Jack and Rick Olney have a lot of personality traits in common; specifically that they're both irrational hotheads who appear to suffer from severe cases of Tourette's Syndrome.
I've known more than a few comic shop owners who fit that profile, so Jack should manage to survive in spite of these character flaws, although I pity his customers.<<

???? I dont represent any organization, I just represent myself on these boards. I'm indy friendly, and I love comics and can discuss important issues intelligently. I didnt come here to make friends. And frankly, getting rid of Olney was one of the best things I ever did for Comicon, so there [img]http://209.198.111.165/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

I save my bitterness and vitriol for my perceived enemies, and then I let them have it if I desire.

I could care less about what other people think about the way I let them have it, Christ Tim, its a MESSAGE BOARD for God's sake. Because I stand by everything I say, and if I'm wrong, or hurt someone unintentionally, I usually apologize, or admit I'm wrong.

There are exceptions, like Olney or Sam, and I have to be honest, except for them, I largely keep my largesse in the Gutters.

Tourettes? I dont fucking think so!

#453174 - 09/01/00 06:15 PM Re: What can Organized Readers do for you?
jack Offline

Howard, it was already posted on this board I think even in this thread somewhere, that ORCA did not have it's tax exempt status yet, so what the heck are you talking about? Is your story different than the woman that said it in Toronto last weekend who was supposedly part of the organization?

It's bullshit that people have been asking this one quite simple question that has become quite outrageous with still no answer, and now you Howard supposedly have the answer, yet won't verify it because "otherewise you won't get paid".

Whatever....

#453175 - 09/02/00 10:52 AM Re: What can Organized Readers do for you?
Random Offline

Loc: Yorkville, New York, America
Can't fault the man for wanting to get paid, eh?

#453176 - 09/02/00 12:31 PM Re: What can Organized Readers do for you?
jack Offline

How come you haven't emailed me yet Mr Pritchard??? Because you know I'll match addresses up and catch you in your little lie perhaps?

This "Random" says he's Frank Pritchard, someone who supposedly bought from me at eBay some time ago, and that I called a book that had a page loose in it that he bought from me VF.

We are going to pursue this one to the end I think. Huh FRANK??

#453177 - 09/02/00 12:54 PM Re: What can Organized Readers do for you?
Bobbie Subgum Offline

Loc: Bejiing China via Pittsburgh
Well, that would be a felony as per Comicon Rules, right?

Using someone else's name in a false manner?

------------------
"Don't mock me, round-eye!!!"

#453178 - 09/02/00 01:45 PM Re: What can Organized Readers do for you?
Comicazi3 Offline

Loc: California
Not to spoil anyones fun here, but is it just me, or is everyone just saying THE SAME THING OVER and OVER? If possible, I thing it would be best if everyone could just excercise their will power a bit and not write any more replies? This topic has like 127 posts! On this one guy! RICK's gone, the end.

#453179 - 09/02/00 01:48 PM Re: What can Organized Readers do for you?
Comicazi3 Offline

Loc: California
Not to spoil anyones fun here, but is it just me, or is everyone just saying THE SAME THING OVER and OVER? If possible, I think it would be best if everyone could just excercise their will power a bit and not write any more replies? This topic has like 127 posts! On this one guy! RICK's gone, the end.

Page 13 of 22 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 21 22 >