Page 20 of 22 < 1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 >
Topic Options
#453240 - 09/10/00 09:41 AM Re: What can Organized Readers do for you?
Rick Veitch Administrator Offline

Loc: Vermont, USA
Still haven't heard anything from Olney's 'friends' so I guess we can safely assume they were more figments of his desperate imagination. Tim Frell, on the other hand, did e-mail me his phone number, and just to be absolutely sure, I called him up out of the blue and we had a nice chat about all things comics. He's the real thing.

------------------
Rick Veitch
Invites You To Read THE DAILY RARE BIT FIENDS
updated every day along with news of the world's most popular artform!
THE COMICON.COM DAILY SPLASHis always refreshing!
www.comicon.com/splash

#453241 - 09/10/00 11:15 AM Re: What can Organized Readers do for you?
JohnEWIlliams Offline

Loc: Virginia, USA
Doctor Doom "means well"?!?

#453242 - 09/10/00 05:33 PM Re: What can Organized Readers do for you?
Rik Offline

Buckminster F., if you are at all interested in Superhero comics you need to read at least one trade paperback of Astro City. This is a groundbreaking work that draws on the history of comics in a new way.

And yes, Doom means well. He intends to end poverty and ignorance and war. No one will go hungry once Doom is ruler of the world, No one will buy drugs and ruin their minds, no one will go without health care because it's not covered by their HMO. On the down side, action figures will be made of wood and comics will all be government-approved morality plays, with a section at the back all about "Fun Facts" and what we've learned today.

Rik

[This message has been edited by Rik (edited 09-10-2000).]

#453243 - 09/11/00 08:08 PM Re: What can Organized Readers do for you?
Rick Bradford Offline

Loc: Texas, USA
Look, folks, no offense to Howard, but his article was, more or less, just a fluff piece promoting ORCA. Nothing more, nothing less. The only reason anybody's disappointed in the piece is because Olney tricked you into reading yet another promo piece for his group. You know, "all will be answered in Howard's article" and that sort of thing.

And, if you think about it, this explains (I guess) why he couldn't answer a simple question. He's a bastard for your love.

--Ricko

#453244 - 09/14/00 12:45 AM Re: What can Organized Readers do for you?
Sean_Osman Offline

Loc: Utica, NY 13501
Just to clear things up:
I live in Utica. I've gone to Proctor for all of my high school career, and I'm probably going to go to Utica College. I'm not RICK. You can talk to me at the spx/expo. I'm going to volunteer there. (I'm the tall lanky one in the expo shirt. I wonder if they'll give us name tags?) If you email me, I will give you my phone number. Anyway:

One of the local comic book shops in Utica is called Toy Planet. My friend's brother worked there, and it was a cool place to be. I had heard about ORCA, and thought it was a great idea. I picked up Fresh, and it seemed cool enough, and the meetings were held at Toy Planet. But one day, I saw this guy yelling at the owner, and then the guy stormed out. My friends brother told me it was the leader of ORCA, and he had run up a couple hundred dollars woth of comics for orca. The owner gave him the comics for what he payed Diamond. You can't get a better deal than that. I wonder why he ruined it. Ever since then, the meetings weren't held at Toy Planet anymore.

Sean_Osman@hotmail.com

#453245 - 09/14/00 01:17 AM Re: What can Organized Readers do for you?
Killer Whale Offline

Loc: Anywhere, USA
I think it's clear that I'm not on record as being a supporter of RICK's, quite the opposite, but I feel wary of broadcasting a story of his alleged poor behaviour (as plausible as it might be) with none of the details intact. He may or may not have been upset with cause, and it's possible that he didn't initiate the little set to in question.

RICK's done enough stuff under our very eyes to satisfy the requirements for criticising him. Without corroborating details I think we should stick to that.

No offense is intended towards the gentleman who posted the story, and I don't wish to interfere with his or anyone else's postings. It's just that I've personally reached a point where I only feel like teeing off on RICK for the garbage he brings to the net. Part of an overheard dispute doesn't seem worth bringing to the table when we've agreed that RICK shouldn't be here responding to it, be it as himself or by pseudononymous proxy.

No dented feelings, I hope?

#453246 - 09/14/00 07:24 AM Re: What can Organized Readers do for you?
jack Offline

Loc: Just south of NYC
I would agree with KW, I would suggest that maybe the poster go to TCJ.com and post there where Olney can respond to him in public.

#453247 - 09/14/00 03:57 PM Re: What can Organized Readers do for you?
Donovan Offline

Loc: Rochester, NY
Yeah, Olney's done enough stuff that can be conclusively proven for people to worry about hearsay. Anyway, I've exhausted my patience with trying to save his club in spite of him. If the man is as dense as all that, let the chips fall where they may and good luck to the remnants of ORCA...

p.s. I haven't been to TCJ yet, have the pertinent RICK threads (FRESH, etc.) still been erased? Or are they back?

------------------
Boards...don't hit back.- Bruce Lee

Come see my new board at:
http://pub19.ezboard.com/bwordsandpictures

#453248 - 09/15/00 10:42 PM Re: What can Organized Readers do for you?
Zinestud Offline

Loc: Albany, NY, USA
They're STILL there! Not only that... but half of what Mr. Osman states is bogus! I know because my son goes to school near there. He attends those meetings and thinks Olney is crazy in a good way!

I'm not from Utica. Doubters can email me and I'll give you MY telephone number. [img]http://209.198.111.165/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]

#453249 - 09/15/00 10:44 PM Re: What can Organized Readers do for you?
Zinestud Offline

Loc: Albany, NY, USA
Donovan, you are so full of crap! What do YOU think you could do, or have EVER done to save ORCA?

ROFLMAO

Page 20 of 22 < 1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 >