Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 ... 11 12 >
Topic Options
#453990 - 09/03/00 01:52 PM A sincere apology...
R.Olney Offline

Loc: Utica, New York, USA
This might be my one and only chance to post on this board. So please understand that it is my intention to APOLOGIZE to Jack Venooker for the last two years worth of misery that I unfairly caused him. Regardless of what I felt were 'driving factors in my making, what later was identified by others as threats, to him ... I should have been more mature.

So, Jack... I've posted this same sort of apology over on TCJ site. I regret having elevated this war of words with you these last few months. I've contacted all parties concerned and will insure that all negative reflections stop as of now.

I hope you can forgive me.

Respectfully,
Rick Olney

#453991 - 09/03/00 02:01 PM Re: A sincere apology...
jack Offline

Loc: Just south of NYC
I'll give you 'permission' to email me again (galisteo99@aol.com) if you really mean it, and we can go from there.

Email seems real though.

#453992 - 09/03/00 02:28 PM Re: A sincere apology...
jack Offline

Loc: Just south of NYC
I'm accepting RICK'S apology, and laying off. He is forgiven. It takes a pretty big man to apologize for the depth of it he's been in. I'll take the peace offering as it was given.

I'd say in all honesty that I've been meaner to him than even Sam, because of the endless vitriol. I'll take my responsibility to that and say that I'm sorry for hurting you inside and playing on your weaknesses viciously in the process of our fights. I hope you can forgive me for that and go from there.

I thank you very much for your apology Mr Olney and accept it in the sincere spirit in which it was given.

I guess you didn't want a swirly at SPX huh???? [img]http://209.198.111.165/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

#453993 - 09/03/00 02:49 PM Re: A sincere apology...
TooLateTheHero Offline

Loc: Boston, MA USA
What the hell are we supposed to do for fun now?!? Go outside and play in the sun?!? Damn you people and your civilized ways! [img]http://209.198.111.165/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

------------------
Mark Francis

#453994 - 09/03/00 02:51 PM Re: A sincere apology...
R.Olney Offline

Loc: Utica, New York, USA
"swirly?" ...

Actually, last time I heard the ORCA zine team had decided not to cover the SPX. I'm not sure at this point if I'm going to attend but chances are, in light of comments made here by some people I've respected, I'll most likely sit this years event out.

Ciao!

------------------
R.Olney
Some of us take longer to grow up!"

#453995 - 09/03/00 03:19 PM Re: A sincere apology...
savage Offline

Loc: Minneapolis,MN USA
Am I in the Twilight Zone?

(SPX is gonna be wierd. I'm thinking of hiding under the table and arming Mark...)

What brought this on?

------------------
Justin Savage
President/Editor/Web-bozo
www.sabresedge.com

#453996 - 09/03/00 03:45 PM Re: A sincere apology...
Greg Offline

So, did either of you actually have restraining orders? Did either of you actually have a lawsuit in the works?

Yesterday it just got silly, posting on that one thread, with still no one from ORCA replying, so I sent an email to RICK and Dennis Kininger. Lots of questions remain unanswered.

But with this turn of events, how about it -- would someone, anyone from ORCA, mind clearing that one thing up?

Are donations to ORCA, **not to the Salvation Army**, but TO ORCA, tax deductible?

#453997 - 09/03/00 04:48 PM Re: A sincere apology...
Orin Offline

Loc: Rome, New York, USA
POSTING via the help of Orin. Seems my "R.Olney" no longer works! Veitch... you stinker! [img]http://209.198.111.165/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

Thanks, Orin! (Please don't punish him, Rick ... he's only trying to help.)

Hmmm? Well, Greg ... I got your email and decided to let Howard's article speak for itself. This really shouldn't bother you at this point UNLESS you had like... tons of comic books you wanted to donate, right?

Regarding your other questions - No comment.

So, will anyone answer my question? What is a "swirly?" Do I really want to know?

[img]http://209.198.111.165/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]

------------------
Orin Phelps

#453998 - 09/03/00 04:50 PM Re: A sincere apology...
Rick Veitch Administrator Offline

Loc: Vermont, USA
I'm happy to read RICK's obviously sincere apology and I think its big of Jack to accept it so gracefully. Jack also just e-mailed me suggesting RICK be allowed back on the boards.

I've notified RICK that he will not be reinstated to the Comicon.com message boards. I tend to give people who break the rules lots of chances, but once they use up their last one that's it as long as I'm administrator.

------------------
Rick Veitch
Invites You To Read THE DAILY RARE BIT FIENDS
updated every day along with news of the world's most popular artform!
THE COMICON.COM DAILY SPLASHis always refreshing!
www.comicon.com/splash

#453999 - 09/03/00 04:54 PM Re: A sincere apology...
Rick Veitch Administrator Offline

Loc: Vermont, USA
I've also shut down the "R.Olney", "Random" and "Orin" accounts. Any other names RICK was obviously posting under?

------------------
Rick Veitch
Invites You To Read THE DAILY RARE BIT FIENDS
updated every day along with news of the world's most popular artform!
THE COMICON.COM DAILY SPLASHis always refreshing!
www.comicon.com/splash

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 ... 11 12 >