Topic Options
#455315 - 10/27/00 09:38 PM New CD by Alan Moore
stroh Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD U.S.A.
A new CD slated to be released in November by Alan Moore and Tim Perkins called "The Highbury Working".

Check it out here:
http://www.stevenseverin.com/re_play3.htm

Their previous CD, "Moon and Serpent" etc., had some really good tracks. If you haven't heard any of the music Moore does with Tim Perkins, its kind of reminiscent of the early seventies Scottish band "Steeleye Span".

#455316 - 10/27/00 09:44 PM Re: New CD by Alan Moore
Chris Juricich Offline

Loc: Berkeley, CA USA
sigh

No offense meant to 'stroh', but here's just one reaction--

???

I'm a comics fan and admittedly not a big music fan. Not interested in toys. Not interested in gaming. Not interested in Moore's plays, and BIRTH CAUL-- what kind of unreadable mess was that to cast the ever so slight pall over the ascendant sun that is the brilliance of Mr Moore and his comics writing?

Yes, I'm digressing a bit...

Just being a knee-jerk to music by comics guys. I think of Jennifer Lopez doing music or Schwarzenegger trying to act, I suppose.

#455317 - 10/28/00 01:12 AM Re: New CD by Alan Moore
The Visitor Offline

Loc: SA,TX USA
I think The Birth Caul (the CD more than the comic) is a very powerful work of art. To me, it's right up there with Pink floyd's "Wish You Were Here."

The Moon and Serpent's Grand Egyptian Thearte of Marvels was interesting and listenable, but no where near as good as The Birth Caul.

#455318 - 10/28/00 01:16 AM Re: New CD by Alan Moore
savage Offline

Loc: Minneapolis,MN USA
I'm of the opinion that you can't go too wrong with a music project that David J was involved with. Most of Alan's musical stuff had him involved on at least a few tracks all the way back to the music for V for Vendetta. Do you know if he did anything on this new CD?

------------------
Justin Savage
President/Editor/Web-bozo
www.sabresedge.com

#455319 - 10/29/00 01:13 AM Re: New CD by Alan Moore
The Visitor Offline

Loc: SA,TX USA
I didn't see david J.s name on it anywhere. What I want to know is whether this item will be available through Amazon and such or if it is only available from the publisher.