Topic Options
#457828 - 01/06/01 12:50 PM APE Hotels Posted
JackieEstrada Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA 92115
If you're looking for a place to stay in San Francisco while attending/exhibiting at APE, a helpful list of hotels in all price ranges can now be found at www.comic-con.org

#457829 - 01/06/01 10:27 PM Re: APE Hotels Posted
PCM2 Offline

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
The actual list is here .

My thoughts (as somebody who lives in SF):

The hotel situation in San Francisco is pretty ugly these days, so I'm told.

That list actually seems pretty realistic though; by comparison, a lot of the conventions downtown at Moscone Center list hotels on 6th Street, near Market ... right in the heart of San Francisco's "Carnival of Crime" district (as I lovingly call it).

But my advice is to shop around for whatever you can find. I've heard cases of a lot of people having great difficulty finding a hotel in town. And, if you notice, rooms are not that cheap. Don't wait til the last minute.

The hotels on the list seem reasonably local to the 'Con, but APE is not that difficult to get to, no matter where your hotel may be. San Francisco just ain't that big of a city, for one thing.

Van Ness Avenue essentially crosses the mid-point of Market Street, where City Hall and a lot of other public buildings are. There is a major Muni stop there, that you can get to from any of the underground Muni lines. By BART, it's not more than a few blocks from the Civic Center station.

Take any bus from Market up Van Ness and get off once you see the water; you'll be within walking distance, and it'll cost you a buck.

NEIL

[This message has been edited by PCM2 (edited 01-06-2001).]

#457830 - 01/06/01 10:30 PM Re: APE Hotels Posted
PCM2 Offline

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
(deleted, cuz my same message somehow got posted twice)

[This message has been edited by PCM2 (edited 01-06-2001).]