Topic Options
#458201 - 01/17/01 06:40 PM Simon Bisley (trying to contact his reps)
HT Offline

Loc: Illinois...
Hi everyone,

First let me explain my situation and then I'll ask my questions. This past summer I was surfing the web looking to see what creators had websites. I did a search for "Simon Bisley" and it showed numerous fan sites but one that I clicked on was an original art gallery which represented Simon Bisley and some other British artists. The website is www.t-o-a.com At that time Simon was accepting commissions so I emailed them up and they told me to send the money to their address on the website. Well I sent the check but I haven't heard from these people since August.

I know that Simon was busy painting covers for Swamp Thing and now is doing covers for Heavy Metal but you think that they would keep me updated on my order. I've sent many emails to them but still nothing. And another strange thing is that I haven't received the check saying that they cashed it.

My questions are:
1. Would any of you know how I could get ahold of Simon Bisley? Either by email or "snail mail". If so, please email me or post it on the message board.

2. Or would any of you know and other routes that might help me track Simon down?

Any help would be appreciated, and thanks for your time reading this. I hope I didn't get screwed out of the $$$

Sincerely,
Jeremy Adolhson (HT)
Lededglass@aol.com

#458202 - 01/17/01 08:14 PM Re: Simon Bisley (trying to contact his reps)
The OC Offline

My understanding is that the most recent revision to the banking laws (the one that reserved portions of the back of the check for specific endorsements, etc.) gave uncertified checks a 6 month shelf life -- so if he hasn't cashed it by along about now, he's not supposed to be able to cash it. Yes, it might make it though the system -- but then you could raise merry hell with your bank.

But my guess is he never got it.

------------------
"I thought you were a fan."
-- David J. Spurlock, to popular Otto Chelman
"I doubt you thought anything of the sort."
-- Handsome Otto Chelman, to David J. Spurlock

"You have [my] contempt." -- Alan Light to disappointed TBG subscriber.

#458203 - 01/17/01 08:40 PM Re: Simon Bisley (trying to contact his reps)
BmWilson Offline

Loc: Terryville, CT, United States
If they haven't cashed your check, and its been this long without word. I'd e-mail them one more time, and then just stop payment on the check. I know that he has sold Biz art on ebay before, he's also on the Comicart-L, on eGroups.

Good Luck!

Brian Wilson

Spirit Homage's, Etc...Art Gallery http://home.att.net/~bmwilson2000/

#458204 - 01/18/01 05:10 PM Re: Simon Bisley (trying to contact his reps)
HT Offline

Thanks for responding, I am going to give them another email, and if I don't hear anything from them by next week I will stop payment on the check.

#458205 - 01/19/01 09:43 AM Re: Simon Bisley (trying to contact his reps)
The OC Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by HT:
Thanks for responding, I am going to give them another email, and if I don't hear anything from them by next week I will stop payment on the check.

Ask your bank before you do that; if the check has expired, you can save the fee.

------------------
"I thought you were a fan."
-- David J. Spurlock, to popular Otto Chelman
"I doubt you thought anything of the sort."
-- Handsome Otto Chelman, to David J. Spurlock

"You have [my] contempt." -- Alan Light to disappointed TBG subscriber.

#458206 - 01/19/01 05:39 PM Re: Simon Bisley (trying to contact his reps)
HT Offline

yes, thanks for reminding me of that. i am going to give it a couple more weeks. i have tried emailing Heavy Metal because I'm sure they know how to get ahold of Simon Bisley.

i just hope something works out

Jeremy