Topic Options
#459490 - 02/15/01 05:28 PM LIEBER @ APE February 17-18
Steve Lieber Offline

Loc: Portland, OR
Is it just me, or does Con season seem to start a little earlier every year? This weeked, February 17-18, I'll be a guest at The Alternative Press Expo, (also known as APE) in San Francisco. The show has gone a significant overhaul since its days in San Jose, and after last year's wildly successful one day show, APE has expanded to two days.

It'll be held at the same venue as last year, FORT MASON CENTER. More info, including a guest list, and a panel schedule, is available at http://www.comic-con.org/Pages3/ape.html

If you're interested in alternative comics, this is the place to be. You won't find many conventions where Ed Brubaker and I are the most mainstream guys in the room. Stop by my table and reassure me that I've still got some "cred." I'll be there pushing WHITEOUT and telling people about MORNING DRAGONS. Yep...just sitting there, smirking and squinting through crusty eyelids, perched like an infirm dowager behind a church bake-sale table. My space will be crowded, piled high with trade paperbacks, original art, and life drawing, and I'll show you every festering bit of it. I'm the comics industry's pushy blind date. Mention that you saw this post and time permitting, I'll laugh in your face, then force a creepy little doodle on you, scribbled out in the time it takes to say "No no oh uh please don't no." This will bring between ten and fifteen bucks on ebay. Weird, huh? I'll be over-dressed and under-prepared, with breath like wet meat.

I won't be looking at portfolios during the show unless I hit a seriously dead stretch. But if you catch me at a bar or party, I'll be happy to take a look and tear you a new one. After meeting me, you'll probably want a new one.

------------------
http://www.unrewarding.com/steve The acclaimed graphic novel WHITEOUT, my life-drawing gallery and more.

#459491 - 02/15/01 11:09 PM Re: LIEBER @ APE February 17-18
Comicazi3 Offline

Loc: California
Oooooh!!!! Ooh! Ooh! I'm going! Christ, I've been waiting for this friggin' con for EVER, ever since I went last year! This thing is the COOLEST FRIGGING THING EVER!!!!! I've never read any of your stuff, uh, Mr. Lieber but I'll be sure to come bother you at your booth at some point (I was going back and forth, but the wet-meat-breath clinched it.) I'll come wearing a red raincoat and an umbrella hat. I'll leave the bag next to your booth at 12:00 and say "Artgum works best." Until then, Agent 0.