Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#461788 - 04/11/01 10:40 AM Re: Frank Cho Agonistes: Print Post Drops Liberty Meadows
lominus Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Thanks JE.
I was just about to say that.

Lomi Monet

#461789 - 04/11/01 10:46 AM Re: Frank Cho Agonistes: Print Post Drops Liberty Meadows
Lilly Pads Offline

Loc: Nau Jersay
incite comics group at your service [img]/resources/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

#461790 - 04/11/01 11:12 AM Re: Frank Cho Agonistes: Print Post Drops Liberty Meadows
Steve Hogan Offline

Loc: Burlington, VT 05401
Quote:
Originally posted by Frank Cho:
One gets the impression that Cho's the type who would gladly tear down the Picassos from the museum walls and replace them with anatomically "correct" drawings of barbarians, women with big tits, and Dinosaurs!

No. I would replace them with Norman Rockwell, N.C. Wyeth, Alma-Tadema, Howard Pyle, Degas, John Singer Sargent, Velazquez, etc...People with real talent.S

Dude, Picasso mastered representational art when he was a LITTLE KID. He didn't go on to abstract art because he couldn't handle the basics, but rather because he wanted to move well beyond them.

#461791 - 04/11/01 12:26 PM Re: Frank Cho Agonistes: Print Post Drops Liberty Meadows
Captain Retard! Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, California, USA.
"And I have to disagree about Andrew Loomis"

His painstakingly crafted Coke ads might impress you but i need something deeper than a well rendered kneecap to move me.

#461792 - 04/11/01 12:28 PM Re: Frank Cho Agonistes: Print Post Drops Liberty Meadows
Captain Retard! Offline

*double post*

[This message has been edited by Captain Retard! (edited 04-11-2001).]

#461793 - 04/11/01 12:31 PM Re: Frank Cho Agonistes: Print Post Drops Liberty Meadows
Kim Thompson Offline

Quote:
But call me old fashioned, I like comics that I can read and understand...

Frank, which of the "artsy fartsy" comics don't you "understand," and when you say you don't "understand" them does it mean you literally can't follow the story, or you literally get lost from one panel to the next? Conceding the formal intricacies of ACME or the narrative trickery of DAVID BORING (or for that matter the multiplicity of characters in LUBA), I guess I'm trying to imagine how one doesn't "understand," say, GHOST WORLD, or PALOOKA-VILLE, or SAFE AREA: GORAZDE, or WEASEL, or BLACK HOLE, or FRANK, or SCHIZO, or LOUIS RIEL, or "Monsieur Jean" in DRAWN & QUARTERLY.

This is an honest question, I'm not being snide. I don't understand your not understanding.

Someone else who thinks Normal Rockwell is clearly vastly superior to the talentless Picasso --who thinks, in fact, that anyone who believes otherwise is insane-- is Dave Sim, by the way.

#461794 - 04/11/01 12:34 PM Re: Frank Cho Agonistes: Print Post Drops Liberty Meadows
Captain Retard! Offline

* double post *

[This message has been edited by Captain Retard! (edited 04-12-2001).]

#461795 - 04/11/01 12:34 PM Re: Frank Cho Agonistes: Print Post Drops Liberty Meadows
Kim Thompson Offline

Quote:
But call me old fashioned, I like comics that I can read and understand...

Frank, which of the "artsy fartsy" comics don't you "understand," and when you say you don't "understand" them does it mean you literally can't follow the story, or you literally get lost from one panel to the next? Conceding the formal intricacies of ACME or the narrative trickery of DAVID BORING (or for that matter the multiplicity of characters in LUBA), I guess I'm trying to imagine how one doesn't "understand," say, GHOST WORLD, or PALOOKA-VILLE, or SAFE AREA: GORAZDE, or WEASEL, or BLACK HOLE, or FRANK, or SCHIZO, or LOUIS RIEL, or "Monsieur Jean" in DRAWN & QUARTERLY.

This is an honest question, I'm not being snide. I don't understand your not understanding.

Someone else who thinks Normal Rockwell is clearly vastly superior to the talentless Picasso --who thinks, in fact, that anyone who believes otherwise is insane-- is Dave Sim, by the way.

#461796 - 04/11/01 12:38 PM Re: Frank Cho Agonistes: Print Post Drops Liberty Meadows
jack Offline

Loc: Just south of NYC
Someone else who thinks Normal Rockwell is clearly vastly superior to the talentless Picasso --who thinks, in fact, that anyone who believes otherwise is insane-- is Dave Sim, by the way.<<

I prefer Norman Rockwell to Normal, but what do I know, I'm just the co-owner of the comic shop in vermont, and you are the puiblisher of the mighty Comics Journal, the true voice of comics criticism today!

#461797 - 04/11/01 12:39 PM Re: Frank Cho Agonistes: Print Post Drops Liberty Meadows
jack Offline

Loc: Just south of NYC
there is something very wrong with this board load wise, I've never double posted so much before.

[This message has been edited by jack (edited 04-11-2001).]

Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 >