Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10
Topic Options
#461798 - 04/11/01 01:16 PM Re: Frank Cho Agonistes: Print Post Drops Liberty Meadows
Steve Hogan Offline

Loc: Burlington, VT 05401
Quote:
Originally posted by jack:
Someone else who thinks Normal Rockwell is clearly vastly superior to the talentless Picasso --who thinks, in fact, that anyone who believes otherwise is insane-- is Dave Sim, by the way.<<

I prefer Norman Rockwell to Normal, but what do I know, I'm just the co-owner of the comic shop in vermont, and you are the puiblisher of the mighty Comics Journal, the true voice of comics criticism today!

I'm partial to Abnormal Rockwell myself.

#461799 - 04/12/01 12:39 AM Re: Frank Cho Agonistes: Print Post Drops Liberty Meadows
Mute Offline

Cho "didn't mean to lump R.C. Harvey and Ron Evry with the pseudo "writers" and "critics" at the Comics Journal.' But he evidently is convinced that someone named Captain Retard! is a regular contributor to the magazine. Hmm.

-chris breach

#461800 - 04/14/01 03:07 PM Re: Frank Cho Agonistes: Print Post Drops Liberty Meadows
Milo George Offline

Loc: Seattle
Sorry I'm so late to the party, but I didn't know about this thread until jack hipped me to it today. Having read it, I've only a few random things to add:

Quote:
jack wrote: I liked it when Milo got up and made some comment about my opinion being not worth much because I'm "co-owner of a comic book shop in Vermont"

Nice distortion of context. Do you remember this old [later deleted] chestnut?

"Hey I know, when the former editor of The Comics Journal starts talking, you KNOW you better get in line."

You should, since you wrote it to dis old Tom Spurgeon instead of actually debating the points you disagreed about with him. Hey, you did the same thing in this thread too!!! Well, I'll be doggone!! So please, spare us all the "milo sez my opinion's almost worthless because I'm just a Vermont comics shop co-owner" song & dance. It's almost worthless because of most of what you post is that message-deleting "Spurgee Snack"-type bullshit.

-- Does a feller have to be a card-carrying elitist prick to think that any comics critic who ranks BEETLE BAILEY and Kane & Finger's BATMAN nearly 50 slots higher than MAUS is Clearly Fucking Deranged and all of his critical judgments should be taken with a grain of crack?

-- Yngwie J. Malmsteen and his craft-obsessed content-free ilk mostly played harmonic minor scales at Mach Four and only used pentatonic scales to crank out blues cliches to be all "soulful" and shit, usually during the inevitable live Hendrix cover tune. I still know a few such technique-heads, and they're just as bitter about [and completely baffled by] the success of bands like REM and Nivana as the "Inking Uber Alles" guys seem to be about cartoonists like Tom Hart and James Kochalka.

-- No Steve "bastard son of Andrew Loomis" Rude on anyone's "freelancers who draw better than that ACME ROCKETS guy" list? What, is NEXUS too "artsy-fartsy" for you elitist dicks?

-- the Journal's messboard must be destroyed.

------------------
-- milo george, überführer du jour

............... why are the winds and the waves so restless?

[This message has been edited by Milo George (edited 04-14-2001).]

#461801 - 04/15/01 07:01 AM Re: Frank Cho Agonistes: Print Post Drops Liberty Meadows
jack Offline

Loc: Just south of NYC
It isn't a stick, but it's thick and long like one.

Like a chip on the shoulder but in another area.

Keep it up Milo and you'll be a vegetating stroke victim in just a couple of years, mar my words.

#461802 - 04/15/01 07:15 AM Re: Frank Cho Agonistes: Print Post Drops Liberty Meadows
jack Offline

Loc: Just south of NYC
Milo, you are so far off the mark here, I deleted those two posts in that thread (besides the out of context snippet you are referring to) for reasons that have nothing to do with Spurgeon, or you for that matter.

If you want to argue with someone, however I would suggest Frank Cho would be a good target for your rhetoric. He has started posting around here, and it seems you and he would have more in common than you and I, after all I'm just co-owner of a Vermont comic book store, why the fuck are you even arguing with me if my posts are so "meaningless"?

I think you are a joke really, a "one trick pony" you don't get that, which is cool, but I really don't care much for your little cute ramblings much either pony-boy. Your references and inside jokes are cute, but I could care less about you or your globehopping little inner journeys frankly. And your jokes suck, the ones I get I mean.

The fact that you take the time to insult me from your little ivory tower is endearing, but I would suggest Cho is a better target.

I notice you haven't said so much as a HELLO to him, despite the fact that your little review of his work is a tombstone in the TCJ graveyard.

Whats up with that Milo, I would've thought you and Cho would be better fireworks than David and Groth?

Fuck you if you can't take a joke Milo.

Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10