Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 ... 22 23 >
Topic Options
#462626 - 04/10/01 05:03 PM Dave Sim Tangents
Kim Thompson Offline

The new CEREBUS, #265, is here, and it does not have anything about the Jeff Smith affair so far as I can tell.

It does, however, have:

(a) a 20-page --yes, 20 pages of solid text-- screed about the "feminist/homosexualist axis," which is...

(b) ...preceded by a note saying that the Aardvark-Vanaheim administrative assistant, whose job included typesetting the CEREBUS text pages, resigned her position midway through the issue because it offended her so much, as well as...

(c) ...a note from Diana Schutz informing Sim that she was ending her seven-year stint as the official CEREBUS proofreader midway through #264 (the preceding issue) because she was "far too uncomfortable with the remaining pages to offer my proofreading services on them."

I'm going to break for lunch now and see what Dave has to say about those homosexualists. I can't wait!

#462627 - 04/10/01 05:09 PM Re: Dave Sim Tangents
Chris Knowles Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Kim Thompson:
The new CEREBUS, #265, is here, and it does not have anything about the Jeff Smith affair so far as I can tell.

It does, however, have:

(a) a 20-page --yes, 20 pages of solid text-- screed about the "feminist/homosexualist axis," which is...

You knew it was coming. Is Dave Sim the Steve Ditko of the 21st Century?

Isolation does weird things to the brain. I believe Graphomania is one of the hallmarks of schizophrenia.

#462628 - 04/15/01 08:31 PM Re: Dave Sim Tangents
Heidi MacDonald Offline

Loc: New York, New York
Quote:
I apologize for saying misogyny is a bad thing. I apologize for saying that someone who would write a 20-page essay on gender roles that affixes all blame for all current social problems on the "feminist/homosexualist axis" (replete with the kind of lunatic leaps of logic that better men and women than I have already pointed out) is in any way losing it. I applaud Jason Trimmer for attempting to bring a level of civility to this sewer of a board, and scold Rick Veitch for his refusal to help out by banning me. (That libelous bastard Steve Bissette should join me in purgatory, of course.) Have you no decency, sir?

Kim, I applaud you for seeing the error of your ways, and finally beginning to think logically -- like a man, in fact. I know that over the years your gender-ambiguous name has given you many opportunities to stray from the god-given intellect with which your penis enodws you. But you are winning the battle, and we all support you in that. Thank god, the secular feminists are one step closer to being defeated today!

I have also seen the error of my ways. When I went to sleep last night, I was convinced Jason Trimmer was some troll in the employ of Dorothy Light. Knowing that a real man with his powers of logic, ethics, and rational thinking walks among us will have me sleeping very peacefully tonight.

Steve Lieber, your snotty comment about truly knowing a man made me spit soy milk over my keyboard, and has ruined my computer, rendering me incapable of continuing my studies into eliminating my hurtful, dangerous emotions. You are an evil, emotional threat to lights everywhere, and clearly a closet homosexualist.

#462629 - 04/15/01 08:39 PM Re: Dave Sim Tangents
Heidi MacDonald Offline

Quote:
I apologize for saying misogyny is a bad thing. I apologize for saying that someone who would write a 20-page essay on gender roles that affixes all blame for all current social problems on the "feminist/homosexualist axis" (replete with the kind of lunatic leaps of logic that better men and women than I have already pointed out) is in any way losing it. I applaud Jason Trimmer for attempting to bring a level of civility to this sewer of a board, and scold Rick Veitch for his refusal to help out by banning me. (That libelous bastard Steve Bissette should join me in purgatory, of course.) Have you no decency, sir?

Kim, I applaud you for seeing the error of your ways, and finally beginning to think logically -- like a man, in fact. I know that over the years your gender-ambiguous name has given you many opportunities to stray from the god-given intellect with which your penis enodws you. But you are winning the battle, and we all support you in that. Thank god, the secular feminists are one step closer to being defeated today!

I have also seen the error of my ways. When I went to sleep last night, I was convinced Jason Trimmer was some troll in the employ of Dorothy Light. Knowing that a real man with his powers of logic, ethics, and rational thinking walks among us will have me sleeping very peacefully tonight.

Steve Lieber, your snotty comment about truly knowing a man made me spit soy milk over my keyboard, and has ruined my computer, rendering me incapable of continuing my studies into eliminating my hurtful, dangerous emotions. You are an evil, emotional threat to lights everywhere, and clearly a closet homosexualist.

#462630 - 04/15/01 08:44 PM Re: Dave Sim Tangents
Heidi MacDonald Offline

Quote:

#462631 - 04/10/01 05:49 PM Re: Dave Sim Tangents
jack Offline

Loc: Just south of NYC
I'm interested in what this is really all about.

I mean, I'm familiar with the practice of negative attention still being attention any publicity is still good publicity.

But what's up with this? Diana is pretty easy going, so you know that had to be over the top.

He's losing it.

[This message has been edited by jack (edited 04-10-2001).]

#462632 - 04/10/01 06:18 PM Re: Dave Sim Tangents
Buckminster Futter Offline

Loc: The Hoosier Heartland
This may well become the first issue of Cerebus I've ever read. Hell, I may even buy it.

Wait a minute...I almost fell for it, didn't I? That bastard Sim's a wily one.

#462633 - 04/10/01 06:39 PM Re: Dave Sim Tangents
Tom Spurgeon Offline

Loc: WCW Special Forces
Is Dave intentionally leaving out the robots, or is he just lulling them into a false sense of security?

#462634 - 04/10/01 06:48 PM Re: Dave Sim Tangents
colleen Offline

Loc: Newport News VA USA
Oh dear...

colleen
www.adistantsoil.com

#462635 - 04/10/01 06:59 PM Re: Dave Sim Tangents
toddfrye Offline

Loc: Harrogate TN USA
This reminds me of the movie Crumb, where Robert's brother began putting strange, existential dialog into his home-drawn comics; then the dialog started overpowering the pictures, then it was all dialog, and finally it was just pages and pages of unintelligible scrawls.

Within a couple years - maybe right after #300 - Dave's just going to publish an underground mysoginist tabloid.

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 ... 22 23 >