Page 42 of 43 < 1 2 ... 40 41 42 43 >
Topic Options
#463279 - 07/19/01 10:56 AM Re: A question for Colleen Doran
colleen Offline

Loc: Newport News VA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by columnist:
Colleen, every woman in America thinks that about herself. I'm sure Tiffany Amber Thiessen feels exactly the same way about HER looks. Trust me, from a male perspective, 99% of what women spend incredible amounts of time worrying about in this area is simply not important. I've found that when men look at women in bathing suits, the women think we're "critiquing" them (i.e., "Butt too big. Legs not tan enough. And what's with that birth mark?"). In reality, we're doing no such thing. We're just enjoying the view.

I'm not saying each body part is perfect (never having seen any of yours [img]/resources/ubb/frown.gif[/img] ); I'm saying the imperfections are so much below "our" radar that they don't affect the aesthetic experience as a whole.

If I weren't married, I'd stalk you. [img]/resources/ubb/smile.gif[/img] (That was meant as a compliment--please don't have me arrested or tell my wife).

Here, I wrote this song for you in about ten seconds:

(To the tune of "Strangers in the Night")

Strangers on the 'net
Exchanging e-mails;
What a novel way
To chat with females,
Using a machine
For flirting with Colleen!

[This message has been edited by columnist (edited 07-19-2001).]

LOL! Thanks for the sweet song!

Yeah, you're probably right about the over-critical thing. I think women are too focused on their faults, especially me. If I get a zit, I don't even want to leave the house. I am self conscious beyond words sometimes.

colleen

www.adistantsoil.com

#463280 - 07/19/01 10:59 AM Re: A question for Colleen Doran
colleen Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Eugene Hicks:
Ms. Doran, are you partial to young, handsome, comic book-loving men who have a job and like to make models? Just wondering.

I don't know if you have a boyfriend, but you would be happier with me. You could draw comics, I could read them and then we could make models together! Plus I have a job.

Now Eugene, that's a mighty friendly offer there. Say, is it a reaction to my picture or my free way of discussing invisible Japanese weenies that attracts you?

Just kidding!

I've never been married and am not in any rush, but I certainly appreciate all the kind attention.

colleen www.adistantsoil.com

#463281 - 07/19/01 11:04 AM Re: A question for Colleen Doran
colleen Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by D Eric Carpenter:
Springfield, Illinois?

I do have to step in to 'defend' Chicago, since I'm a misplaced Chicagoan. This last June and early July, the entire East-Midwest was bizarrely cool. On July 6, the low was 39 degrees where I am. So, while 40 degrees may have been cool--trust me, that's not normal Chicago weather.

D. Eric Carpenter

Yeah? Same here. Very cool summer. I can't remember the last time we had 70 degree weather in July. I've been to Chicago in the summer before and was bowled over by the heat, but this summer is just amazingly cool. I don't remember summers this cool since I was a kid. I'm kind of enjoying it actually, but I could do without 40 degrees in June!

I enjoy Chicago and think it is a fine city. I have been many times but have never had time to get to the art museum which I hear is terrific.

colleen
www.adistantsoil.com

#463282 - 07/19/01 04:11 PM Re: A question for Colleen Doran
Talon T M Offline

Quote:
Without knowing anything else, my guess would be that it's Talon.

Bad guess, Mr. Columnist, for two reasons:

1) I actually like Colleen. Who wouldn't?

2) I have spent my entire Internet life defending comic Creators (Sim, McFarlane, etc), not flaming them. Of course that explains why Kim Thompson is still fair game. [img]/resources/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

TTM

#463283 - 07/19/01 04:22 PM Re: A question for Colleen Doran
Talon T M Offline

Quote:
Without knowing anything else, my guess would be that it's Talon.

Bad guess, Mr. Columnist, for two reasons:

1) I actually like Colleen. Who wouldn't?

2) I have spent my entire Internet life defending comic Creators (Sim, McFarlane, etc), not flaming them. Of course that explains why Kim Thompson is still fair game. [img]/resources/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

TTM

#463284 - 07/20/01 12:03 AM Re: A question for Colleen Doran
Paul1963 Offline

Loc: Glen Burnie, MD, USA
This is just a test to see if the post'll show up...

#463285 - 07/21/01 01:39 AM Re: A question for Colleen Doran
adam kubert Offline

[QUOTE]Originally posted by colleen:
[B] For those who are curious, this is continued from another thread. We were talking about approaches to adult material and what weird stuff gets censored.

Now this is what I call entertaining lunchtime reading. And you're even getting dates from it. Hey, how's that Ultimate book of yours going?

Best,
Adam

#463286 - 07/21/01 01:46 AM Re: A question for Colleen Doran
JohnEWIlliams Offline

Loc: Virginia, USA
Hey, Adam, how's yer pop?

JW (Class of '87)

#463287 - 07/21/01 10:48 AM Re: A question for Colleen Doran
colleen Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by adam kubert:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by colleen:
[B] For those who are curious, this is continued from another thread. We were talking about approaches to adult material and what weird stuff gets censored.

Now this is what I call entertaining lunchtime reading. And you're even getting dates from it. Hey, how's that Ultimate book of yours going?

Best,
Adam

Wow. Looks like the htread is working again.

Turns out it's not an Ultimate X-MEN it's an X-MEN UNLIMITED! How's that for dyslexia? I mix up my x's and u's. I haven't started yet. I got the script but probably won't start drawing until August when my schedule clears again. I have a few short things to wind up and, of course, I am way behind on ADS because my powers of procrastination on that project have no limits.

And how are YOU doing?

colleen
www.adistantsoil.com

#463288 - 07/23/01 10:39 AM Re: A question for Colleen Doran
adam kubert Offline

I'm doing fine, Colleen...late as always but keeping my nose fairly clean.

Ultimate X-Men, Unlimited X-men....I know...hard NOT to confuse. Sorry youre not drawing the the Ultimate characters but I still cant wait to see your version of the reg Xmen. Selfishly speaking, I always like to see how talented artists handle characters I've been drawing. Gives me some insight on things I could do differently (aka: swipe).

I think one of my favorite interpretations of Marvel characters were a set of playing cards drawn by some European artists in a Moebius/Manara style. They were all printed in B/W. Really cool to look at although not that lucky for me. I'm always too distracted by the drawings to be able to concentrate on any kind of card game.

Hey John. My dad's doing great, thanks! He has a new 250 page or so (I cant keep track) story called Tex, just released in Europe. Its a western type character that's been around for 50 years out there. In my opinion, it's some of his best work. We're very close and I see the pages pretty much as he draws them. This TEX book is my dad sketching in ink, just having fun as he draws. It kills me, he hardly pencils. I mean, it's very finished art but very spontaneous and VERY good. I know coming from his son it may not hold much weight, but he really IS a genius.

Right now he's working on another project that he'd shoot me if I told anyone what it was. Suffice to say, it's really really great. What did you think of the thing he did with Stan?

I'll tell ya, I could go on and on but I dont want to stray too much on Colleens thread. I'll end by saying that if ever my head starts to swell all I have to do is check out what dad is drawing......puts me right in my place.

That's about it, John.
Back to drawing.

Seeya Colleen!

Adam

Page 42 of 43 < 1 2 ... 40 41 42 43 >