Page 43 of 43 < 1 2 ... 41 42 43
Topic Options
#463289 - 07/23/01 11:25 AM Re: A question for Colleen Doran
JohnEWIlliams Offline

Loc: Virginia, USA
Hey Andy, thanks for the update.

I used to like to stand by your dad's desk during class and watch him go. It was amazing to see those huge hands of his create work of such absolute precision and delicacy, especially with a brush. It's one thing to admire his finished, printed work but quite another to observe him actually putting it to paper -- which I'm sure you and Adam know all about.

My favorite classroom moment with Joe was a day when I was having the worst time learning to do ink wash. I just couldn't get it. Joe tossed a piece of tracing paper over my crummy drawing and went to work. In about three seconds, I got it, or at least understood it (mastering it, of course, was something else entirely). The cool thing was that Joe managed to improve my lousy face drawing and yet somehow retained my style, rather than obliterating it under the work of the Master. Now THAT is teaching! I still have that overlay, somewhere.

Tell him all us guys wish him well.

#463290 - 07/23/01 11:45 AM Re: A question for Colleen Doran
adam kubert Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by JohnEWIlliams:
Hey Andy, thanks for the update.

Tell him all us guys wish him well.

I tell him, Jim.

Adam

#463291 - 07/23/01 11:47 AM Re: A question for Colleen Doran
JohnEWIlliams Offline

I am such an ass.

Sorry, Adam!

(Hey, I coulda called you "Amos", like Tex did!)

#463292 - 07/23/01 12:29 PM Re: A question for Colleen Doran
Absolutelymadman Offline

Loc: Kelowna, BC, Canada
Hey! What's going on here!?!

I thought this was the Colleen Doran thread. It goes down for a few days, comes back up again, and the next thing I know it's become the Adam Kubert thread....

Has he taken over this thread? Do we still post our questions to Colleen on this thread or the second one? Should I start a third Colleen thread? Could I? Is there enough Colleen to go around on all these threads? Or is she just hogging them all? Do we just let evolution run it's course and let Adam take with this thread? Or do we give him a new one so all the Kubert fans are made aware of his presense? ( Welocme aboard, by the way [img]/resources/ubb/smile.gif[/img] )

Colleen?

a.m.
(Ignoring his work on a Monday morning....)

#463293 - 07/23/01 01:16 PM Re: A question for Colleen Doran
JohnEWIlliams Offline

Actually, it's now the "Try to Be Considerate Enough to Call People By Their Correct Name Lest You Look Like A Complete and Utter Ass" thread.

I still feel like a yutz.

OK, now back to "A Question for Cathleen".

#463294 - 07/23/01 06:01 PM Re: A question for Colleen Doran
colleen Offline

Loc: Newport News VA USA
Hi Adam,

I was on schedule, too, and then I went into a slump for a few days. I hate it when that happens. Now, I'll have to work like a dog for a couple weeks to catch up.

You can post here as much as you want. Even I am bored reading about me! [img]/resources/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

colleen
www.adistantsoil.com

Page 43 of 43 < 1 2 ... 41 42 43