I really should be drawing page five of the second chapter of my graphic novel, BUT I've had this thought stuck in my head for over a week now and I've been awake WAY too long (since yesterday afternnon) so my adrenaline's pumping and I bet you're getting bored already so I'd better get onto the meat of this post.

I have enjoyed the unique art form of comic books for over twenty years. I've found it to be a "simple" way to tell stories-- both short stories (one-page), long format (a 6000 page series/novel) and everything in-between (and beyond). It can ALSO be utilized to present complex ideas in various non-fiction forms: philosophy, how-to, travel, finance, poetry, and what have you. You already know this to be true. I'm "preaching to the choir" on this Message Board. What I'm interested in acomplishing is getting "the message" out to those who have vague understandings of what comics are and have no REAL comprehension of what comics today can be to THEM.

I began this post with a brief note that I SHOULD be working on chapter two of my graphic novel (which I'm serializing). Chapter one is complete and printed and in a few local comic book stores where the "choir" shops. But ladies and gentlemen, let me tell you, I carry copies of the book (chapter one, that is) with me in my backpack wherever I roam and I have little trouble getting it into the hands of potential readers. I've sold the book while driving through a Wendy's and I've sold it while shopping for clothes. (It's only been out for two weeks and I'm working on chapter two... I could probably sell it almost anywhere, but that's not the point.) I printed information on the back of the book in reference to how they can find a retailer near them (1-800-COMIC-BOOK & www.the-master-list.com). When I get the whole graphic novel completed, chapter one will become a Give-Away and I'll include a great deal of information on how to get the TPB at a comic book shop (or at a bookstore, if all the comic shops have closed in their area), the history and possible future of sequential art, it's cultural significance, how LITTLE TIME one needs to actually spend reading a comic book and still get a REALLY GOOD STORY.

Anyway, that's my plan... and I'm already doing it RIGHT NOW.

------------------