Topic Options
#463894 - 04/22/01 09:33 PM HYPE: Mystic For Hire Online starts July 1! See the Pre-Show Now!
Jeff Zugale Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, CA, USA
Hey all Comiconners:

Well it's been a long time but Pagan City Comics' Mystic For Hire is back in business! We're counting down - 70 days to go until we go live on July 1, 2001. The story will pick up where Mystic For Hire #2 left off, with a brand new story entitled "Witchcraft", where our heroine Rachel Danara meets a new ally in her fight against magickal crime in Pagan City. Can they prevail against the nefarious Johnny Dedphish??

Between now and then, tune in for the Pre-Show: I'll be reporting my daily progress in a weblog on the main page, posting sketches and sneak previews on the sketchpage, and last but not least theres...

The JeffCam! Yep, live from the artist's lair, cam shots of whatever weirdness I and my friends can cook up. Also, at some point between now and launch, I'll be doing at least one live webcast while I draw a page. You can see how slow I go, and wonder at the blank stare I get when I'm working! (kidding.) Fear not, writer Chris Wichtendahl will also be adding his dry wit and wisdom to offset my loony toony-ness.

Make Rick and Steve happy: visit us through our Comicon.com Main Hall Booth! Or, make them grumble (at your own risk) by using the link below:
http://www.pagancity.com

Join us in our new beginning! Hope to see you soon...

Jeff Zugale

#463895 - 04/23/01 12:39 AM Re: HYPE: Mystic For Hire Online starts July 1! See the Pre-Show Now!
Ben Adams Offline

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Errr....the Jeffcam is rated PG-13 I hope? You didn't get this idea from Ana Voog at www.anacam.com , did you?

Are you going to be executing squirrels and sacrificing pigs online?

Seriously, I'm looking forward to seeing cool new vector/Flash artwork from you. Keep on truckin'.

[This message has been edited by Ben Adams (edited 04-23-2001).]

#463896 - 04/23/01 01:11 PM Re: HYPE: Mystic For Hire Online starts July 1! See the Pre-Show Now!
Jeff Zugale Offline

No, there will be no cruelty to animals on the cam, you silly man. Nor will there be any nudity on my part, as that would constitute an entirely different form of cruelty to our viewers.

The JeffCam is all about what I'm doing with Mystic For Hire, but will of course contain weirdness around the periphery of that... since my life is completely built around the production of MFH, anything that happens in my life is fair game for the cam, I think. [img]/resources/ubb/smile.gif[/img] Chris will be chiming in as well, mostly to scold me for being a loony, I would suspect.

I've got some cool cam software which will allow me to do some interesting weird stuff, so you can bet I'll take advantage of it, heh heh heh.

And if you're tuning thinking youre going to see me naked... you are a masochist. Just twisted and wrong. You should be ashamed of yourself.

#463897 - 04/24/01 08:29 AM Re: HYPE: Mystic For Hire Online starts July 1! See the Pre-Show Now!
Ben Adams Offline

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Quote:
And if you're tuning thinking youre going to see me naked... you are a masochist. Just twisted and wrong. You should be ashamed of yourself.

I have to be honest I'm personally not all that excited about the idea. On the other hand, though, did you see that really kinky cover that's on the Sequential Tart website by Carla Speed McNeil? It would seem the Tarts dig that kind of stuff.

Perhaps you could be the new Sequential Tart cover model? This might be a great opp for some cross-promotion, and you just might scare up a lot of traffic.

#463898 - 04/24/01 05:34 PM Re: HYPE: Mystic For Hire Online starts July 1! See the Pre-Show Now!
Jeff Zugale Offline

I'm fairly well acquainted with several of the wonderful Tarts, and consider them to be friends. I'd like to keep it that way, and therefore such a suggestion has NEVER and WILL NEVER even speculate about the minutest possibility of crossing my mind.