Topic Options
#466085 - 05/23/01 10:07 PM Newsarama and new users
cincinnatus Offline

Loc: Cincinnati
Well, with plenty of Newsarama at Comicon under our belts, I think it's safe to say at least one thing: plenty of new faces are popping in to Comicon and posting (at least on the Newsarama part). I think I even saw a 'Herman the German' post down there. Funny.

Rick/Steve/Michael/Matt: Any chance that the Newsarama part might end up more like the Splash! and move on from the message board format? It's great that people can post replies and carry on discussion about the news, but I'm not a big fan of the most recent post being the 'lead story.'

Small gripes. Guess I'll go back to reading my TCJ now.

#466086 - 05/23/01 10:52 PM Re: Newsarama and new users
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by cincinnatus:
Rick/Steve/Michael/Matt: Any chance that the Newsarama part might end up more like the Splash! and move on from the message board format? It's great that people can post replies and carry on discussion about the news, but I'm not a big fan of the most recent post being the 'lead story.'

If I'm not mistaken you're asking if we may take the "stories" out of the message boards and post them on a webpage instead?

This is the format for the foreseeable future. If you have concerns about the thread with the most recent reply being the "lead" story... my suggestion would be to use http://www.comicon.com/newsarama as your Newsarama reference page.

You'll only encounter that issue if you go directly to the message boards...

md

#466087 - 05/24/01 12:11 AM Re: Newsarama and new users
comic.geek Offline

Loc: Nanaimo,BC
I personally think the reply aspect is kind of "hip". You know very community oriented - you read the story and then you read responses to the story (very interactive). IMO, it shows the power of the internet versus something like watch news on the TV.

------------------
----------
ComicGeek - http://www.comicgeek.ca - Daily Comic News, A Week In Review, Interviews and other self-involved tripe...

#466088 - 05/24/01 08:15 AM Re: Newsarama and new users
willee Offline

I agree with geek. This is the first time ive seen this format and I like the idea.

#466089 - 05/24/01 09:42 PM Re: Newsarama and new users
Donovan Offline

Loc: Rochester, NY
Actually, here at Comicon what generally happens is people read Splash then immediately jump to the messboards to comment. So really all you're doing is eliminating a step, and creating a more efficient system. Hey, Rick, ever thought of doing it this way?

#466090 - 05/25/01 12:38 PM Re: Newsarama and new users
nenad Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada
I am not that happy with the look and feel of Newsarama. I do agree it is easier to respond to the article etc..., but this can be done differently: Newsarama could be an article page and then below that there would be user comments (or clicking on a provided link one would see all the comments, if there are more than x).

Overall Comicon site could do more on usability and accessibility. Design wise CBR website is far better....I think Comicon needs one overall makeup from ground up.

nenad

#466091 - 05/25/01 02:03 PM Re: Newsarama and new users
Earth2Jeff Offline

I'm pretty easy one way or the other. I like the new format and definitely agree that the interactive aspects of the design are quite nice. I'm just glad to see Newsarama in a new permanent home, and I should add that I do like this format more than the one at Fandom. But that's just me. [img]/resources/ubb/smile.gif[/img]