Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#467126 - 06/14/01 01:37 PM Re: Todd about Eclipse
jakeswolf Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL USA
I'm a cynical 31 year-old.

I need that lead-in.

Ok. Devil's advocate throwing all logic and experience out the window here.

There was a dispute about creative rights beyond Eclipse and the creative team, right? Could Todd be trying to lay those to rest? Kind of challenge any other parties to come forward by laying the character full out and calling it his own? If they don't, maybe then the character would be turned over for neil to finally finish?

I hope this is possible. I know it's probably not. Jesus! How messed up would a person be to treat someone like that just because he can?

#467127 - 06/14/01 02:12 PM Re: Todd about Eclipse
GaryDills Offline

Loc: Herndon,Va USA
I wish this whole thing about Miracleman would just be put to rest. Only in comics would you find adults bitching and whining over something that's 20 years old, grow up and get a life! Every thread this subject seems to come up, and i'm just about fed up with this message board because of it. In every industry those with the money and power lord it over those who do not, if that seems unfair to you I'm sorry but that is the way this country works and should work, if you want something different move to where it is different and whine somewhere else PLEASE!!

#467128 - 06/14/01 02:40 PM Re: Todd about Eclipse
Helen Reed Offline

Loc: Chicago, Illinois
Quote:
Originally posted above by some intellectual oddity:
In every industry those with the money and power lord it over those who do not, if that seems unfair to you I'm sorry but that is the way this country works and should work... (italics added for emphasis)

Lord save us all from bumpkins who actually spew this kind of garbage. And while you're at it how about saving these bumpkins from the ramifications of living the way they'd actually have to live if the things they espoused came to pass.

#467129 - 06/14/01 02:47 PM Re: Todd about Eclipse
GaryDills Offline

Loc: Herndon,Va USA
And you probably blame the electric companies for your state's power problems too, right?

[This message has been edited by GaryDills (edited 06-14-2001).]

#467130 - 06/14/01 03:46 PM Re: Todd about Eclipse
jakeswolf Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL USA
Quote:
Originally posted by GaryDills:
I wish this whole thing about Miracleman would just be put to rest. Only in comics would you find adults bitching and whining over something that's 20 years old, grow up and get a life! Every thread this subject seems to come up, and i'm just about fed up with this message board because of it. In every industry those with the money and power lord it over those who do not, if that seems unfair to you I'm sorry but that is the way this country works and should work, if you want something different move to where it is different and whine somewhere else PLEASE!!

Archie Bunker is in da howz! 'If you don't like it, move!' Are you serious?

Comicon boards are pretty much the only boards I check and I haven't been doing it that long, but is this a 'thing?' Like trolling or something? Someone goes into a board called "Todd about Eclipse" and gets pissed because we're talking about Miracleman? What the Hell were you expecting?

And we should stop talking about it because YOU'RE bored with the topic? Again, I have to ask if you are indeed serious.

#467131 - 06/14/01 03:52 PM Re: Todd about Eclipse
Helen Reed Offline

Loc: Chicago, Illinois
GaryDills-
As a matter of fact I'll let the ongoing investigations try and uncover whether the charges of fiscal stripping by the power companies was a contributing cause to the crisis. You, I'm relatively sure from a cursory reading of your post, probably believe that the power companies were as pure as the driven snow when it comes to ascertaining blame. After all, the bigger you are, the righter you are. No?

[This message has been edited by Helen Reed (edited 06-14-2001).]

#467132 - 06/14/01 04:42 PM Re: Todd about Eclipse
JohnEWIlliams Offline

Loc: Virginia, USA
No, I think THIS is the greatest thread ever.

#467133 - 06/14/01 04:43 PM Re: Todd about Eclipse
Pol Offline

Loc: Wichita KS
I'd like to thank Mr Smith for replying. Talk to Todd about giving us an Airboy mini to tie things up(the search for Airboy, four issues would be good, but only if Dixon what's to write it). I haven't bought a TMP book in two years because it's all Spawn or Spawn related. He has the characters, use them. And to the poster that said they're sick of Miricleman, I am too. Eclipse was more than MM. But I think it's just getting stared since Todd's giving an interview about MM. I just want my Airboy and Black Terror fix.

#467134 - 06/14/01 11:01 PM Re: Todd about Eclipse
BeauSmith Offline

Pol,

Nobody loves the Eclipse stuff as much as me. Airboy is very close to my sin filled heart. Yes, I would love to see Chuck write the book again and do it the way it's supposed to be. This isn't just some old guy talkin'. The stuff was really good. Needs to be read by others.

I'll do what I can with Todd. May be alot. May be nothing. But I will try.

#467135 - 06/15/01 12:04 AM Re: Todd about Eclipse
paulski Offline

Loc: Adelaide, SA, AUSTRALIA
Beau, I want to thank you as well.

Regardless of any issues I have with Todd, you've proven to everyone to be a creator that shows respect for the 'comic community' out there by cutting through the bullshit and I appreciate that.

Plus I'm too chicken to pick a fight with you. You're a scary dude! [img]/resources/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

------------------
Paul Rogan, scourge of the stupid & arrogant.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >