Topic Options
#468080 - 06/11/01 12:13 AM It's really ironic...
FanboyJB Offline

Loc: USA-Japan
...that I came to this board a few years ago, in a thread debating McFarlane. I was "shitcanned" from this board, stemming from a brouhaha with the Spawn.com board. And now, it's come full circle with the Toddler himself posting here.

All we need is Robert, Markstein, and Cory...and it will be just like yesterday again!!!

...and it's nice to see Sam's lips still puckered up on someone's ass.

Careful Todd...if you anger Sam, you'll become a member of the "trenchcoat mafia."

So little time...and I have no idea where to begin. Maybe tomorrow...

------------------
"I'm rubber...you're glue."

#468081 - 06/11/01 06:23 AM Re: It's really ironic...
Rick Veitch Administrator Offline

Loc: Vermont, USA
John,
We look forward to the return of your peculiar style of wit. Please remember to keep GUTTER stuff in the GUTTERS.

------------------
Rick Veitch
Invites You To Read THE DAILY RARE BIT FIENDS
updated every day along with news of the world's most popular artform!
THE COMICON.COM DAILY SPLASHis always refreshing!
www.comicon.com/splash

#468082 - 06/11/01 05:38 PM Re: It's really ironic...
ScottChantler Offline

Loc: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Just how, exactly, is that ironic?

------------------
Scott Chantler
www.scottchantler.com

"We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different!"
- Kurt Vonnegut, Timequake

"The more wonderful the means of communication, the more trivial, tawdry, or depressing its contents seemed to be."
- Arthur C. Clarke

#468083 - 06/11/01 07:13 PM Re: It's really ironic...
FanboyJB Offline

Loc: USA-Japan
I would expect the irony to be lost on someone who wasn't here for the original "displays" that were quite the rage on Comicon for many months.

I think you were also late for the last round, where I was "booted" (actually, I left on my own) for "warring" with the Spawn boards, when all I did was post the Steve Bissette thread, and state that at Comicon we care about creators rights, and things the Spawnies would never understand.

They were so riled, they spammed the board with nonsense (sorta like they did recently) and I (along with Cory Fuka, who caused problems EVERYWHERE!) was used as the scapegoat to appease the Toddler and his masses.

It was never a pre-determined act, as implied by Veitch, and can clearly be seen that the same thing happened again, with just about he same results (only the added bonus of Toddy hisself chiming in). And since no resident "Gutter Boy" was around this time, they had no one to lay blame on for stirring up the Spawnies and ritually "shitcan" from posting.

So it all comes around. Again. And I just had to stop in and make a note of it.

~~For the record, Rick did grant me amnesty and allowed me to return a few months back, as I was a good boy and paid my debt to Comicon society!~~

Believe me...it is ironic, if you were here for it all!

------------------
"I'm rubber...you're glue."