Topic Options
#470898 - 07/17/01 11:16 AM Pistolwhip, Mephisto, and Thanks...!
Pistolwhip Comics Offline

Loc: USA
Hey, folks!

Our two books from Top Shelf, "Pistolwhip" and "Mephisto and the Empty Box" had a successful debut last week and we just wanted to thank everyone who's bought and enjoyed them - especially those of you who've posted your thoughtful comments.

If you haven't seen the books yet, we've got on-line previews at our "electronic headquarters" at http://www.pistolwhipcomics.com (but seeing them first hand is even better). If you have read them, let us know what you think if you haven't done so already!

And feel free to sign up on our mailing list to receive our editor-in-chief Edna Whalenstein's semi-regular booze induced ramblings about what's going on in the world of Pistolwhip. If you include your mailing address, we'll probably send you something - we like to send crap out as much as possible! But only crap of the highest quality and standards. And who doesn't love crap?!

There's also an interview with us over at PopImage.com which you can read at: http://www.popimage.com/news/index.shtml
(scroll down about half way)

Hopefully we'll see some of you at the San Diego Comicon - stop by the Top Shelf booth and say hi (or stare at us until we become quite uncomfortable).

Thanks again,

Jason & Matt
Pistolwhip Comics http://www.pistolwhipcomics.com

#470899 - 07/17/01 01:42 PM Re: Pistolwhip, Mephisto, and Thanks...!
Caleb Sevcik Offline

Loc: Illinois
Hey guys, I just read both of your books, and will be doing so again in about a day or two. Great stuff! Pistolwhip is truly amazing, it all connects so well. Mephisto and the Empty Box is a sad, breezy read. You are very good at pacing and at keeping the eye moving. Your simple lines flow so well that they show just how really complex and thought out each page is. Top Shelf has definitely scored big time with you two.

Congrats, and see ya at the Con,
Caleb

------------------
Hey! Get yer butt over
to Highfalutin Funnies right now!

#470900 - 07/17/01 01:46 PM Re: Pistolwhip, Mephisto, and Thanks...!
Caleb Sevcik Offline

Loc: Illinois
Hey guys, I just read both of your books, and will be doing so again in about a day or two. Great stuff! Pistolwhip is truly amazing, it all connects so well. Mephisto and the Empty Box is a sad, breezy read. You are very good at pacing and at keeping the eye moving. Your simple lines flow so well that they show just how really complex and thought out each page is. Top Shelf has definitely scored big time with you two.

Congrats, and see ya at the Con,
Caleb

------------------
Hey! Get yer butt over
to Highfalutin Funnies right now!

#470901 - 07/17/01 02:14 PM Re: Pistolwhip, Mephisto, and Thanks...!
HT Offline

Loc: Illinois...
Mephisto is an excellent comic/graphic novel. I give a high recommendation to this book. I've already told you in the email that your book was good Jason but I thought I'd let everyone know on the message boards. Now, go pick it up.

Jeremy

#470902 - 07/17/01 06:11 PM Re: Pistolwhip, Mephisto, and Thanks...!
Alias Offline

Loc: Las Vegas Nevada USA
I won't need to pistolwhip any customers to get them to read these fine books. They'll have shelf space in my shop as long as they're in print which will hopefully be a long time. Very well done books, indeed.