Topic Options
#471395 - 07/25/01 12:31 AM New East Coast Wizard show
William Miller Offline

Loc: New York, NY
Just read on SPLASH that Wizard is starting a new convention next year in Philly. What does everyone think? I'd love to see an east coast show I can drive to, but I'd rather see it in Baltimore.

#471396 - 07/25/01 03:48 AM Re: New East Coast Wizard show
Tony Tuthill Offline

Loc: security, Colorado, America
Hi. I'm Tony Tuthill from Colorado Springs Colorado here. First post here. :bows and smiles:

Well I'm hoping Wizard Con is like San Diego Comic Con.
I've been to one good MARVEL party and all I've ever wanted to do since was be at another. I had the best time (what I remember of it)
Besides. It's the only place you can go to show for the Wolverine Talent Search.
I've already run into others online like myself who are flying in from other states for one day to meet everyone we can at MARVEL, hang out and then PARTY a night away in Chicago(preferably BOTH at the same time)...then fly back in the morning to our respective states.
Figuring the Wizard con was one of the suall tour dates I initially expected a BIGGER PARTY (It is taking place in Chicago afterall
If I am understanding correctly then then Wizard Con is just a year or two old. (Sorry been outta the loop too long).
If it's not a big show then all the better.
I would want to spend as much time listening to Joe Quesada as possible and I can be stingy :chuckles:
So Big or small. It's purchased and paid for. I'm going to Chicago to shake hands with Joe Quesada and meet the MARVEL Family. Then I'm going to party!
I apologize before hand if I'm a partying fool. I get a one night vacation and to coin a phrase "it's on!".
So if you are that 1.1% who happens to be covering the con. I'm gunna be the fat guy wearing a white Denver Broncos cap.
I may bring one other supper fun party buddy and we'd be happy to party with you too. I hear the early morning food in Chicago Chinatown is exciting.

:smiles: See ya in Chicago!

#471397 - 07/25/01 03:49 AM Re: New East Coast Wizard show
Glenn Barbis Jr Offline

Loc: Nowhere, Pa.
I would love to see a Philly show...only WITHOUT the "Wizard" attached to it!

I'll stick with the Pittsburgh Con. It's still the best show I've ever attended, year after year!

#471398 - 07/25/01 11:17 AM Re: New East Coast Wizard show
pitzerboy Offline

Loc: VA
in regards to the wizard philly show...

i'm not a big wizard fan & i've never been to their chicago show, so i can't really say whether i'd like it or not...

philly is ok, but i agree that baltimore might be a better location. i know philly is closer to NYC, but i'd like a more central (ie: southern) location. heck DC would even be nice.

all in all, as long as it doesn't "hurt" any other show, i don't see how it could be a bad thing.

#471399 - 07/25/01 02:20 PM Re: New East Coast Wizard show
Mike Manley Offline

Loc: Upper Darby, PA
At this point any decently run show which attracts any potential new fans to the hobby is a plus. Philly is an okay city to have one in. Comicfest was a huge success here at least on the fan level.

We do need a big east coast show.

------------------
Mike Manley
Editor-DRAW! Magazine

Visit the Action Planet message board

ACTION PLANET INC.
at: www.actionplanet.com

Visit the Action Planet message board

ACTION PLANET INC.
at: www.actionplanet.com