Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#472127 - 08/03/01 11:57 AM WizardWorld 2001 schedule STILL not up
Brian Jacks Offline

Loc: NYC
Does anyone know what the deal is with the WizardWorld Chicago schedule? The con's two weeks away and they still don't have the schedule up or an updated guest list. I'm trying to plan my trip here. This is insane.

-Brian

#472128 - 08/03/01 12:15 PM Re: WizardWorld 2001 schedule STILL not up
JohnMayo Offline

Loc: Austin, TX, USA
Best of luck. The people running the San Diego ComicCon put the schedule up for that only a few days before the convention.

I was thinking about going to WizardWorld but I haven't been able to get any concrete information out of them about exhibitors and stuff. Not having been before, I'd like to know how it compares to San Diego before making travel arrangements.

#472129 - 08/03/01 12:39 PM Re: WizardWorld 2001 schedule STILL not up
neil kleid Offline

Hell, i just found out today that i have to pick my badge up when i get there...

Playing it by ear,man....

-neil

#472130 - 08/03/01 01:47 PM Re: WizardWorld 2001 schedule STILL not up
Bobbie Subgum Offline

Loc: Bejiing China via Pittsburgh
Just remember the most important rule at Wiz-Con...

Don't take too much comp food back to your table, especially if you're an older woman, married to a Golden Age Creator!

Papa Shamus will be watching you!!!!

------------------
"Don't mock me, round-eye!!!"

#472131 - 08/03/01 03:21 PM Re: WizardWorld 2001 schedule STILL not up
Brian Jacks Offline

Loc: NYC
Quote:
Originally posted by JohnMayo:
Best of luck. The people running the San Diego ComicCon put the schedule up for that only a few days before the convention.

I was thinking about going to WizardWorld but I haven't been able to get any concrete information out of them about exhibitors and stuff. Not having been before, I'd like to know how it compares to San Diego before making travel arrangements.

I have the reverse situation. I've never gone to San Diego but I've been going to WizardWorld every year since it started about four years ago. I can't testify as to which con is better, but I've always enjoyed myself in Chicago, although it seems everything has gotten more expensive each passing year. The panels have been pretty interesting and the guest list has been nice.

The thing that annoys/surprises me is that WizardWorld has always been pretty good about putting the info on their website weeks before the con. Just seems they're more lax than usual in updating the site with relevant info.

Anyway, if you're planning on going you better make your reservations soon or else airfare might start getting up there in terms of price. Unless you get a good deal on Priceline.com.

-Brian

#472132 - 08/03/01 03:29 PM Re: WizardWorld 2001 schedule STILL not up
JohnMayo Offline

Loc: Austin, TX, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Slush:
if you're planning on going you better make your reservations soon or else airfare might start getting up there in terms of price.

At this point it is unlikely that I'll go. I would like to get a hold of the event guide and exhibit hall floor plan for this year to determine if I should go next year.

#472133 - 08/04/01 12:43 AM Re: WizardWorld 2001 schedule STILL not up
savage Offline

Loc: Minneapolis,MN USA
the poster above who posted that it had only been around for a few years made me realize how much I miss Chicago ComicCon...

#472134 - 08/06/01 01:24 AM Re: WizardWorld 2001 schedule STILL not up
RavenProject Offline

Loc: Carol Stream, IL USA
I have in my hands a tentative copy of the event schedule for WW2001.

No, I can't answer any questions on its contents. I'm a contractor for Wizard, responsible for managing the panels and night events. I'm afraid it wouldn't be appropriate to release that information.

However, I can tell you that there are still a few wild cards being sorted out. Most of these involve balancing the schedules of the 1000 or so people involved in the panel presentations, so that we can be certain Big Star Guy can do his panel *and* his signing *and* his TV interview *and* take a leak somewhere in there. You'd be amazed how upset people get when they can't take a leak. [img]/resources/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

I'll nudge the boys in New York to try and get something up ASAP.

-J

#472135 - 08/06/01 12:21 PM Re: WizardWorld 2001 schedule STILL not up
HT Offline

Loc: Illinois...
Yeah I was meaning to ask the same question. I'm wondering when they ship the badges (tickets).

Jeremy

#472136 - 08/06/01 11:09 PM Re: WizardWorld 2001 schedule STILL not up
Tim Gagne Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL USA
Badges are usually a pick up as you arrive. If you can get there on Thursday it helps. Parking costs money everywhere in Rosemont now, $11 a day across the street. Pray that they get legal gambling by next year, and I think this will decrease, or at least not rise at the $1 a year rate it has for the last 4-6 years.

It is crowded and there are plenty of ways to spend money. BE sure to drop some at the CBLDF booth, which if there is any luck it will be right where it has been the last 2 years, on the other side of Chris Staros & Top Shelf. IF only the Fantagraphics folks would come back, its almost safe now guys, and you have a few artists that are a tad popular that call Chicago home.

Its not too far from public transportation if you want to go into the city. Also close to the expressway, so that city access is pretty easy. For all the shots to the gut Wizard has taken, they really do try to put on a good show. I don't ever expect things to get like they were back in the heyday, but its just a fact of the business.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >