Topic Options
#474712 - 09/11/01 02:20 PM Give Blood
JohnEWIlliams Offline

Loc: Virginia, USA
There are massive blood shortages in the NY and DC areas and the Red Cross is asking anyone who can to donate. I'm just about out the door to Arlington (assuming traffic allows).

Regardless of where you live, you can help out by donating ASAP.

#474713 - 09/11/01 02:22 PM Re: Give Blood
JohnEWIlliams Offline

Especially if you have O Negative, which is the most valuable 'cause it's universal.

#474714 - 09/11/01 02:24 PM Re: Give Blood
Dave McK Offline

Loc: New York, NY, US of A
John's right. I tried to do so at St. Vincent's but they were too overwhelmed at the moment, but a waiting list was being passed around so hopefully I'll get a call later on today. People are responding to the call, but they definitely need all they can get (especially O negative).

#474715 - 09/11/01 09:16 PM Re: Give Blood
JohnEWIlliams Offline

I was basically turned away from giving blood today - there was a four hour wait - but I was encouraged to try again tomorrow, 'cause there's still a shortage.

I gotta tell ya, the fact that a blood center looked liked a DMV on the last day of the month almost made my day.

#474716 - 09/11/01 10:11 PM Re: Give Blood
S.D. Moose Offline

Loc: Carmi, IL, USA
Even if you are not in the NYC or DC area it would be a good idea to donate blood right now. The Red Cross has been under a blood shortage most of the summer and the crash sites will no doubt be calling for blood from all over, leading to more shortages. If you are reading this in the Evansville, IN area, a blood drive will be held Wednesday (9/12) at Roberts Stadium. If you are elsewhere, call your local radio stations or check your newspaper for the nearest blood drive or Red Cross blood center.

http://www.digitalwebbing.net/comics/