Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 ... 37 38 >
Topic Options
#475691 - 09/22/01 12:49 AM Bill Mahrer, Marr, Mahr, ... whatever
Charles Reece Offline

Loc: us of fuckin' a
Grovel, grovel, grovel. A good indication of what dissenting voices (Mahrer not even being one) have to look forward to. Pathetic.

#475692 - 09/22/01 12:53 AM Re: Bill Mahrer, Marr, Mahr, ... whatever
JohnEWIlliams Offline

Loc: Virginia, USA
"There's a way to act in peacetime, and a way to act in wartime..." grappled Maher, panicking at the thought of his ratings plummeting.

#475693 - 09/22/01 01:36 AM Re: Bill Mahrer, Marr, Mahr, ... whatever
Charles Reece Offline

He gave the same fucking speech, pausing for applause at the same point, on Leno, as well. This is why I prefer to watch amoral, or "nihilistic", television, no pretense at morality.

When's Buffy coming back?

#475694 - 09/22/01 01:45 AM Re: Bill Mahrer, Marr, Mahr, ... whatever
Charles Reece Offline

Did you catch the jingoistic celebration of baseball on CNN. Certainly newsworthy.

In happier news, Mariah Carey made her first public appearance today at the premiere of her new movie "Glitter." I like to think that the first homerun was not just for all of us, but for her in particular.

God bless the Stock Market.

#475695 - 09/22/01 03:28 AM Re: Bill Mahrer, Marr, Mahr, ... whatever
krisstacks Offline

Loc: parts unknown
I caught the tail end of Maher groveling about something on Leno tonight but had no idea what he was talking about.I've been trying to watch as little tv as possible lately so Im out of the loop on this one.What did he do?Try to blame the terrorist attacks on Gays and the ACLU or something?Nah,not even a complete jackass would do that....

#475696 - 09/22/01 05:01 AM Re: Bill Mahrer, Marr, Mahr, ... whatever
Brent Wormald Offline

Loc: Stratford, Ontario, Canada
Even when Bill isn't in trouble, he always says the exact same jokes that he does on his show when he's on Leno. Too bad Nightline is "extended"…I would have missed the Leno appearance and just heard the jokes on PI. Oh well…At least I got to see Pam's sweet titties.

#475697 - 09/22/01 09:49 AM Re: Bill Mahrer, Marr, Mahr, ... whatever
Plagues_of_7 Offline

I wouldn't mind if we blamed the ACLU.

For christ sake they represent NAMBLA(sp?)

Sick bastards.

#475698 - 09/22/01 09:55 AM Re: Bill Mahrer, Marr, Mahr, ... whatever
jglover Offline

Loc: oxford
I don't watch "Politically Incorrect" because it is basically a show of politically correct, self-absorbed celebrities who sit around and discuss issues of which none of them know very much about.

What Maher said was the first politically incorrect statement that I've heard from the show...and he apologized for it.

What?

#475699 - 09/22/01 10:00 AM Re: Bill Mahrer, Marr, Mahr, ... whatever
Tired Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Plagues_of_7:
I wouldn't mind if we blamed the ACLU.

For christ sake they represent NAMBLA(sp?)

Sick bastards.

Yeah!!!! The hell with protecting the civil rights of anyone I might disagree with. If they were reasonable people, and deserving of the law's protection, they'd agree with me about everything. You agree, dont'ja plaguey?

GROUP THINK FOREVER!!!!!

#475700 - 09/22/01 10:04 AM Re: Bill Mahrer, Marr, Mahr, ... whatever
Alex D Offline

Loc: Las Vegas, NV. USA
I hate to say it but if ABC decides to cancel PI I wouldn't mind one bit. I believe he has the right to say any thing he wants no matter how stupid, but I can't stand his arrogance. I'd respect him a lot more if I took a stand of "I meant what I said and stand behind it and accept whatever happens as result" or "I said a stupid thing and I apologize to everyone offended". What Maher seems to be doing is saying is "No, you took it the wrong way..." then giving explanations that have very little to do with what he actually said.

If it weren't for the possiblity of him losing his show he wouldn't even bother with any of his lame damage control.

The same story with the band SYSTEM OF A DOWN (someone please correct me if I'm naming the wrong band). Saying stuff with so much bravado and cockiness...until radio stations stop playing their music because of their statements. Then backing down and and saying something to the effect of "No, I didn't mean it the way it sounded..."

Like I said before, if these guys saying all this stuff mean what they're saying at least have the balls to not back down. As soon as they see it might affect their carreers then they bounce back with double talk trying to convince people that they're taking it the wrong way.
I wouldn't even mind a simple "Hey, I wasn't thinking and said a really dumb thing and I regret ever saying it, I'm sorry." but this attitude of "I said this, but I really meant that" just seems so wimpy.

Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 ... 37 38 >