Page 3 of 38 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 37 38 >
Topic Options
#475711 - 09/22/01 09:29 PM Re: Bill Mahrer, Marr, Mahr, ... whatever
krisstacks Offline

Loc: parts unknown
Thanks billy,thats all I wanted to know.

#475712 - 09/22/01 09:36 PM Re: Bill Mahrer, Marr, Mahr, ... whatever
Bill Hicks Offline

Loc: Ohio
I don't think his original point was valid at all. We use cruise missiles because we have cruise missiles. They used planes because they do not have cruise missiles. It has nothing to do with bravery or cowardice.

I don't care if he stays or goes, apologizes or not. I think the whole premise of his show is stupid. Why on earth would anyone care what Woody Harrelson, Tom Selleck (sp?) or the latest hot supermodel thinks about real issues.

#475713 - 09/22/01 10:27 PM Re: Bill Mahrer, Marr, Mahr, ... whatever
IvanJim Offline

Loc: Los Angeles
Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Hicks:
I think the whole premise of his show is stupid. Why on earth would anyone care what Woody Harrelson, Tom Selleck (sp?) or the latest hot supermodel thinks about real issues.

DAMN RIGHT!!!! If we want the straight skinny on the issues we can log onto Comicon.com and find out what the resurrected Bill Hicks has to say. These are real opinions!!!!

RAIL ON BRUDDA, RAIL ON!!!!!!

#475714 - 09/22/01 10:38 PM Re: Bill Mahrer, Marr, Mahr, ... whatever
Bill Hicks Offline

Loc: Ohio
These are real issues?

#475715 - 09/22/01 10:46 PM Re: Bill Mahrer, Marr, Mahr, ... whatever
Brian Jacks Offline

Loc: NYC
Quote:
Originally posted by adam12345:
Even in the best case--the US population of 250 million couldnt stand a chance against 2 billion "ragheads."

As for Maher--on occassion he makes good points--but he sure is ignorant about the Mid East.
"The Palestinians dont exist cuz the 1939 World's Fair exhibit only featured a Zionist display."

Uh yeah--right.
Hell, even Gandhi said the Palestinians had the stronger case than the Jews in Palestine(and this was after Hitler).

Boy, you are ignorant. Study up before you try to talk history. By the way, the Gandhi letter you reference was written in 1938, and you should read all of it before you try to cite it. Plus, subsequent events shows that while Gandhi was effective in dealing with Britain, he had no clue about realistic foreign affairs outside that region.

-Brian

[This message has been edited by Slush (edited 09-22-2001).]

#475716 - 09/23/01 01:49 AM Re: Bill Mahrer, Marr, Mahr, ... whatever
Eel O'Brian Offline

Loc: North Kackalackee
Gee, Tired, knees jerk much? I didn't say anything about getting rid of the ACLU. I just pointed out that NAMBLA is a group of child molesters (which is a CRIME, by the way) who have no civil rights as far as I'm concerned. Can you honestly tell me that you equate the civil rights movement with protecting a bunch of pedophiles?

- Kevin

#475717 - 09/23/01 07:58 AM Re: Bill Mahrer, Marr, Mahr, ... whatever
brent Offline

Talon:
"Heh. Yes Falwell and Maher have been groveling most of the week."

Falwell grovelled? Oh, point me to it, please! After his hate-filled rant, I just have to see how he makes up for it.

(For those who care, here is what Rev. Falwell said on Pat Robertson's 700 club that makes Bill Maher look like a font of knowledge:

"I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People for the American Way, all of them who have tried to secularize America, I point the finger in their face and say 'You helped this happen.'"

To which Pat Robertson replied:
"Well, I totally concur, and the problem is we have adopted that agenda at the highest levels of our government."

The above dialogue happened on Thursday, Sept. 13th.)

#475718 - 09/23/01 10:07 AM Re: Bill Mahrer, Marr, Mahr, ... whatever
Samuel Catalino Offline

And dont forget Moore posting(which now he has edited) on his website, practically saying that the terrorists didnt get the right ones, the inference that they hit areas whose people did not support Bush....

I wouldn't even wish that fate on someone as vile as Michael Moore...

#475719 - 09/23/01 10:31 AM Re: Bill Mahrer, Marr, Mahr, ... whatever
Tired Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Samuel Catalino:
And dont forget Moore posting(which now he has edited) on his website, practically saying that the terrorists didnt get the right ones, the inference that they hit areas whose people did not support Bush....

I wouldn't even wish that fate on someone as vile as Michael Moore...

Nah, you just wished it on Fanboy. Clearly and consistantly, you revisionist bastard.

And as pointed out earlier, Sham, and consistantly ignored by you, you are creating inferences in Moore's writing that clearly weren't there. You may pretend to eschew the gutters, but your tactics have remained as dishonest and slimy as they ever were.

#475720 - 09/23/01 10:33 AM Re: Bill Mahrer, Marr, Mahr, ... whatever
ATKokmen Offline

Loc: New York, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by Brent:
Falwell grovelled? Oh, point me to it, please! After his hate-filled rant, I just have to see how he makes up for it.

Diane Sawyer conducted an interview with Falwell on 20 September on Good Morning America, wherein he recanted his statements, saying he "misspoke totally and entirely" and "I did not intend to do what I obviously did do. I am sorry." I didn't see the GMA piece (though I hear Sawyer did a very good job) but ABCNews has a summary posted here .

Pat Robinson's Christian Broadcasting Network has also apparently since released a statement that Falwell's comments were "severe and harsh in tone and, frankly, not fully understood" by Robertson.

[This message has been edited by ATKokmen (edited 09-23-2001).]
"[T]hough goodness without knowledge is weak and feeble, yet knowledge without goodness is dangerous, and that both united form the noblest character, and lay the surest foundation of usefulness to mankind." --John Phillips

Page 3 of 38 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 37 38 >