Topic Options
#477494 - 10/17/01 01:13 PM Question about Marvels "HEROES" benefit book.
jack Offline

Loc: Just south of NYC
Whoever knows the answer to this, please help me out?

Watching the news last night, they made it sound on TV like Marvel was donating 3.50 a pop to charity for each copy we dealers sell. It was a VERY cool news thing, saying dream stuff on prime time like "Comics aren't for kids any more" and "get this book only at your local comicbook shop" and doing the DIAMOND LOCATOR number (I was yelling to my wife LOOK AT THE TV LOOK LOOK) it was great, but my question is.

Since it's a 3.50 book and we dealers are getting billed 3 bucks a copy, is Diamond donating the money to Marvel to donate to the charity?

I seem to be missing a link here somewhere.

Help, please?

[This message has been edited by jack (edited 10-17-2001).]

#477495 - 10/17/01 01:19 PM Re: Question about Marvels "HEROES" benefit book.
Howard Offline

Well I posted this reply a sec ago, but it seems to have disappeared into the ether (which means it will probably double-post once I've clicked "Submit".)

Retailing for $3.50, Marvel will donate the wholesale proceeds ($3.00 per book) to the Widow’s and Children’s Fund of the New York Police Department, the Widow’s and Children’s Fund of the New York Fire Department, and the American Red Cross. Retailers have been urged by Marvel Enterprises to waive their 50-cent commission on each book sold and donate it toward disaster relief as well. Diamond Comics Distributors is soliciting and distributing Heroes free of charge, and American Color Graphics and Quebecor have agreed to print the books at no cost. The original art for Heroes will be auctioned off at a later date, with the proceeds going to the aforementioned charities.

#477496 - 10/17/01 05:13 PM Re: Question about Marvels "HEROES" benefit book.
jack Offline

Loc: Just south of NYC
I missed that part, that's awesome!

#477497 - 10/19/01 09:16 PM Re: Question about Marvels "HEROES" benefit book.
Wholesome Goodness Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by jack:
(I was yelling to my wife...

I feel sorry for her.

Quote:
I seem to be missing a link here somewhere.

Help, please?

You ARE the missing link. Goodbye.

[This message has been edited by Wholesome Goodness (edited 10-19-2001).]