Topic Options
#477725 - 10/18/01 03:23 PM HYPE: Jersey Devil Museum Exhibit!
TonyDiGerolamo Offline

Loc: Laurel Springs, NJ USA
Camden, NJ: South Jersey Rebellion Productions, publishers of The Fix, Jersey Devil and the studio for Kenzer & Company's The Travelers, has announced that the Jersey Devil comic book will be part of a "comprehensive exhibition" at the Walt Whitman Cultural Arts Center in Camden, NJ.
According to The Leaflet, the newsletter for the arts center, the exhibition will be curated by Dr. Stephen Winick, Director of the Whitman Center's Delaware Valley Regional Folklife Center. The exhibit promises to bring together a fascinating array of artistic representations of the Jersey Devil, including SJRP's comic book.
"It's quite an honor to be part of the exhibit," says Jersey Devil comic creator Tony DiGerolamo. "JD's been a part of my life and the lives of everyone in South Jersey. It's great to see the devil get his due."
The exhibit known as "Tales of the Jersey Devil" will feature first person accounts of encounters with the legendary beast, memorabilia from the National League Hockey Franchise and the SJRP comic book. It is opens Friday, October 23rd at the center located at 2nd and Cooper Streets in Camden, NJ. The exhibit runs until the end of December 2001. It's free and open to the public 8am to 4pm, Monday thru Friday, by appointment on the weekends. For more information call 856-964-8300.
Look for Tony DiGerolamo to appear in an upcoming piece on the new "In Search of..." TV series. The segment centers around the Jersey Devil legend and features an interview with DiGerolamo. It will air sometime near Halloween.

CONTACT INFO:
SJRP
PO Box 439
Stratford, NJ 08084 www.netcom.com/~thefix/sjrp.html
thefix@ix.netcom.com
856-783-6011

------------------

#477726 - 10/18/01 03:30 PM Re: HYPE: Jersey Devil Museum Exhibit!
Cheese0012 Offline

Loc: NYC
Ahhh, lovely Camden...

#477727 - 10/18/01 03:36 PM Re: HYPE: Jersey Devil Museum Exhibit!
TonyDiGerolamo Offline

Loc: Laurel Springs, NJ USA
"I Dream'd in a Dream

I DREAM'D in a dream I saw a city invincible to the attacks of the
whole of the rest of the earth,
I dream'd that was the new city of Friends,
Nothing was greater there than the quality of robust love, it led
the rest,
It was seen every hour in the actions of the men of that city,
And in all their looks and words."

Walt Whitman on Camden, Leaves of Grass 1891