Page 2 of 24 < 1 2 3 4 ... 23 24 >
Topic Options
#479024 - 11/14/01 07:18 AM Re: Comicon.com Fixture Glenn Barbis vs. Long-Time Industry Star John Byrne and his Posse
Glenn Barbis Jr Offline

Loc: Nowhere, Pa.
Yes, but it IS Jemas we're talking about! [img]/resources/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

#479025 - 11/14/01 07:34 AM Re: Comicon.com Fixture Glenn Barbis vs. Long-Time Industry Star John Byrne and his Posse
Jerry Best Offline

Loc: Sunday Islands
Hey Glenn, are all your posts:

©2001 Glenn Barbis Inc. and may not be reproduced outside this board, in whole or in part, without written permission of Glenn Barbis Inc.?

#479026 - 11/14/01 08:28 AM Re: Comicon.com Fixture Glenn Barbis vs. Long-Time Industry Star John Byrne and his Posse
Glenn Barbis Jr Offline

Hmmm...

I don't know. [img]/resources/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

I was told by the resident Byrne Board lawyer that I had no leg to stand on by claiming that the pictures of me they lifted from my site and defaced, were actually my property, since they are on my site for public viewing and are "downloaded" to them.

So if that's the case, why are Byrne's mess-board posts different??? They are "downoadable" to the public.

***I would like to mention tho', that said pictures have been removed, so for that, I thank them.***

#479027 - 11/14/01 09:30 AM Re: Comicon.com Fixture Glenn Barbis vs. Long-Time Industry Star John Byrne and his Posse
The OC Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Korvac:
Got bored and read this whole thread.

4 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

Thank you for your insightful comments and gracious contribution to the discussion.

"You have [my] contempt." -- Alan Light to disappointed TBG subscriber.

#479028 - 11/14/01 09:43 AM Re: Comicon.com Fixture Glenn Barbis vs. Long-Time Industry Star John Byrne and his Posse
Elayne Riggs Offline

Loc: Bronx, NY, USA
I completely agree with Ken's post, particularly

Quote:
You say you have tried to quit his message board but they won't let you. But honestly, can't you just never go back there and let them talk about it until a new subject comes along?... Why don't people just leave him and his board alone, and allow him to pontificate on every subject and allow his followers to believe what he says? It doesn't harm anybody, and they seem to stick to their own little website, so why not cut them all a break and let them discuss topics in peace?

We're not obligated to go on message boards, folks. We're supposed to be doing this for fun. When it stops being fun, unless the board is somehow our responsibility (like if we're moderating it) we don't have to stick around. A few yahoos at TCJ still talk about me in nasty tones, and I think I made all of two posts to those boards before I left realizing it wasn't any fun for me. Who gives a shit what people say about you when you're not there to read it? Do a few people whose opinions you don't respect really have that much power over your reputation with the people about whom you do care?

Quote:
I will say to him though, that I only went there seeking a few answers to a news item I had. I never intended to start trouble.

Why did you seek answers in a public forum, if not to call undue attention to yourself? Is John suddenly no longer responding to private e-mail? Private communication should have been your first option as a journalist.

- Elayne

[edited to fix UBB formatting]

[This message has been edited by Elayne Riggs (edited 11-14-2001).]

#479029 - 11/14/01 10:53 AM Re: Comicon.com Fixture Glenn Barbis vs. Long-Time Industry Star John Byrne and his Posse
Glenn Barbis Jr Offline

John doesn't post his email, so I have no idea how to contact him personally.

And with the way he comments on Marvel all the time, and trashes people like Quesada & Jemas, on that message board, why is it wrong for me to ask for info on a news item there? Especially since I have no way of contacting him personally.

People post questions there all time. Mine were really no different.

And he always could have ignored them, or rsponded with a "No comment" at any time.

He routinely ignores many questions posed to him.

#479030 - 11/14/01 11:25 AM Re: Comicon.com Fixture Glenn Barbis vs. Long-Time Industry Star John Byrne and his Posse
The OC Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Glenn Barbis:
John doesn't post his email, so I have no idea how to contact him personally.

Johnlbyrne@aol.com, unless things have changed very recently -- he may not advertise it, but he's never made a secret of it, either.
------------------
"Thanks, Otto. Your fool-sensor™ seems okay to me!"
-- Superlative Stuart Moore, former DC and current Marvel Knights editor,
to popular Otto Chelman, 26 September 2001

[This message has been edited by Otto Chelman (edited 11-14-2001).]

"You have [my] contempt." -- Alan Light to disappointed TBG subscriber.

#479031 - 11/14/01 11:31 AM Re: Comicon.com Fixture Glenn Barbis vs. Long-Time Industry Star John Byrne and his Posse
Kimota Offline

Loc: Louisville KY USA
You write a article to "get a rise" out of people and you got a rise out of people.

Mission accomplished. What's the problem?

#479032 - 11/14/01 11:37 AM Re: Comicon.com Fixture Glenn Barbis vs. Long-Time Industry Star John Byrne and his Posse
Glenn Barbis Jr Offline

Kimota:
I received a news item, and wanted to verify it.

I didn't do it to "get a rise" out of anyone. I asked the questions to get the answers, to verify the item

I posted it on my site, originally as a rumor, with no names attached. When it became known who was involved, I provided more detail in my item

------------------------------------
Otto:
I don't follow Byrne closely, so I didn't know that. I didn't find it anywhere on that site. And I know of a few times people asked of it, and he responded to post there. And I was working on the fly, and since it wasn't really a personal question, I posted the question there.

#479033 - 11/14/01 12:03 PM Re: Comicon.com Fixture Glenn Barbis vs. Long-Time Industry Star John Byrne and his Posse
Kimota Offline

Loc: Louisville KY USA
Sorry if I misinterpreted your post. Earlier you wrote: "if you read the interview, you will see it is played strictly for laughs and to get a rise out of people."

I was speaking about the interview, and not your going onto Byrne's forum seeking info. Maybe it was Jemas trying to get a rise out of people in your piece (sorry, I haven't read it), but you gave him a forum for it and it clearly had the desired effect.

I'm sure a lot of people would have gotten a good chuckle out of the interview (especially if Jemas's goofy picture was included in it), but anyone who knows Byrne and his fans knows not to go anywhere near his forum when they're having one of their little jihads.

Sorry about all the trouble it's caused you, though.

[This message has been edited by Kimota (edited 11-14-2001).]

Page 2 of 24 < 1 2 3 4 ... 23 24 >