Page 22 of 24 < 1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 >
Topic Options
#479224 - 11/29/01 10:09 AM Re: Comicon.com Fixture Glenn Barbis vs. Long-Time Industry Star John Byrne and his Posse
Bobbie Subgum Offline

Loc: Bejiing China via Pittsburgh
>"...still going strong..."<

Yet the fact that Tony Isabella is battling the Bendis board over a posters (not Glenn! [img]/resources/ubb/smile.gif[/img]) comments that Dave Gibbons spent more time at M-O-C talking to (as the poster refered to her) John Byrne's paid date, is confined to only that section of cyberspace.

Seemingly, another person who cannot fathom a joke, when posted. I can now understand why they are such good friends.

It is to laugh..HA HA...HO HO...HEE HEE!

~~My favorite part is Tony's threat of writing bad things about the Bendis board in his TOT column! OH THE HORROR!!!!!

Don't do it Tony...PLEEEEEZE!!!! *sob*~~

------------------
"Don't mock me, round-eye!!!"

[This message has been edited by Bobbie Subgum (edited 11-29-2001).]

#479225 - 11/29/01 10:48 AM Re: Comicon.com Fixture Glenn Barbis vs. Long-Time Industry Star John Byrne and his Posse
Stevemc Offline

Loc: England
Quote:
Originally posted by Bobbie Subgum:
>"...still going strong..."<

Yet the fact that Tony Isabella is battling the Bendis board over a posters (not Glenn! [img]/resources/ubb/smile.gif[/img]) comments that Dave Gibbons spent more time at M-O-C talking to (as the poster refered to her) John Byrne's paid date, is confined to only that section of cyberspace.

Seemingly, another person who cannot fathom a joke, when posted. I can now understand why they are such good friends.

It is to laugh..HA HA...HO HO...HEE HEE!

~~My favorite part is Tony's threat of writing bad things about the Bendis board in his TOT column! OH THE HORROR!!!!!

Don't do it Tony...PLEEEEEZE!!!! *sob*~~

I'm sorry but are you on drugs? [img]/resources/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

#479226 - 11/29/01 12:00 PM Re: Comicon.com Fixture Glenn Barbis vs. Long-Time Industry Star John Byrne and his Posse
Bobbie Subgum Offline

"I don't like the drugs, the drugs, the drugs.

I don't the drugs, but the drugs like me."

(...with sincere apologies to Marilyn Manson)

Hey...if others can break into song, why not me!?!? [img]/resources/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]

------------------

#479227 - 11/29/01 01:29 PM Re: Comicon.com Fixture Glenn Barbis vs. Long-Time Industry Star John Byrne and his Posse
MCP Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA, USA
This is still going on?

------------------
Don't argue with me. I'm a college student. I know everything.

Member of KELP

In New York now, not Atlanta

#479228 - 11/29/01 05:55 PM Re: Comicon.com Fixture Glenn Barbis vs. Long-Time Industry Star John Byrne and his Posse
Armoured Gideon Offline

Loc: Uk
Quote:
Originally posted by Glenn Barbis:

And second, I hope that Rick V. will monitor this so it doesn't get as out of hand as on the Byrne board...

Wow. Way to sidestep that pothole [img]/resources/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

------------------
'Don't play silly buggers with me, sonny. I'm not in the mood.' - Jenny Sparks

Read my Savantmag essay -tell me what you think - http://www.savantmag.com/61/essay.html

#479229 - 11/30/01 12:53 AM Re: Comicon.com Fixture Glenn Barbis vs. Long-Time Industry Star John Byrne and his Posse
Zelif Offline

Loc: chatham co GA USA
"The message you relate was addressed directly to him, and it was explained (politely, I believe) that that is a pet peeve, so no big bones."
---If it was "no big bones," why'd Byrne waste 150 words or whatever crying about it? Why didn't he just ignore me and answer the question?

I mean, it's a freaking PUBLIC FORUM for cryin' out loud. If you want a private conversation, try email.

Did everybody on THIS thread have to be asked PERSONALLY for their opinion? No, of course not. Such an expectation is ridiculous for a group discussion board.

***Yeah, but at his fansite, things adressed to him are (politely) not answered by others. Here, as there, unadressed things are open game! Have at it! But if someone (even for the ten-thousandth time) asks Jb a question I know the answer to, the ASKER has a right to get an answer from JB, doesn't he? Would you like some smartass (like me) answering your fans?
The fact that you came over here to whine about it makes it appear to me that you gave waaaay more lip-service to it than anyone at the Byrne site.Hell, it hasn't even been MENTIONED since I replied to you here, to maybe go back and reread what was actually said. Perhaps a skill you've yet to master...

------------------
Darren A. Dew

#479230 - 11/30/01 05:32 AM Re: Comicon.com Fixture Glenn Barbis vs. Long-Time Industry Star John Byrne and his Posse
Stevemc Offline

Loc: England
Quote:
Originally posted by Bobbie Subgum:
"I don't like the drugs, the drugs, the drugs.

I don't the drugs, but the drugs like me."

(...with sincere apologies to Marilyn Manson)

Hey...if others can break into song, why not me!?!? [img]/resources/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]

So that would be a yes then [img]/resources/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

#479231 - 11/30/01 11:53 AM Re: Comicon.com Fixture Glenn Barbis vs. Long-Time Industry Star John Byrne and his Posse
Paul W. Sondersted, Jr. Offline

Loc: Sparks, Nevada, United States
Quote:
Originally posted by Stevemc:
That was beautiful man *tears up*

This whole thing is still going strong...i'm so impressed [img]/resources/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

Is there anyone who has yet to give an opinion to how much they dislike /like Byrne?

(Just to let you all know the first group is way ahead in points!!!)

Ever hear of the vocal minority and the silent majority? Think about it! [img]/resources/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

~PAL

#479232 - 11/30/01 03:25 PM Re: Comicon.com Fixture Glenn Barbis vs. Long-Time Industry Star John Byrne and his Posse
ChrisW Online   content

Loc: Lincoln, Nebraska USA
For what is a man, what has he got?
If not himself, than he has naught
To say the things he truly feels
And not the words of one who kneels
I faced it all
And I stood tall
And did it MYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

"I think ChrisW is the funniest man in entertainment still alive..."
-- the perceptive Tom Spurgeon

#479233 - 11/30/01 09:42 PM Re: Comicon.com Fixture Glenn Barbis vs. Long-Time Industry Star John Byrne and his Posse
Bobbie Subgum Offline

Stevemc posted:
>>"So that would be a yes then [img]/resources/ubb/smile.gif[/img]"

I refuse to answer, on the grounds it may incrimenate me! [img]/resources/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]

palsunstar posted:
>>"Ever hear of the vocal minority and the silent majority? Think about it! [img]/resources/ubb/smile.gif[/img]"<<

Hmmm...I would venture to say that the 25-30 Byrne fans are stuck on his board, and refuse to go forth into the light. [img]/resources/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

------------------

Page 22 of 24 < 1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 >