Page 24 of 24 < 1 2 ... 22 23 24
Topic Options
#479244 - 12/10/01 12:45 AM Re: Comicon.com Fixture Glenn Barbis vs. Long-Time Industry Star John Byrne and his Posse
Zelif Offline

Loc: chatham co GA USA
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Glenn Barbis:
[B]Uh...Darren...first off...I've not discussed this for a long time now. So again, the contigent is worng.

***Yet you bring together two unconnected posts for viewing at your site? How odd that they are derogatory toward Byrne. Also, check "contingent" in a dictionary. And, if the posts were posted elsewhere, together, as you imply, why REPOST them at your site, other than to stir it up?

Second...my site has no pop-ups, as you refer to. And there are no paid ads on it as well. The only money I get for anything on my site, is from selling comics. So once more...you're talking out your ass.
Now then, if you are refering to my MESSAGE BOARD...that's a different story. That does have pop-ups, because of the host, but come the new-year,they will be gone.

***Of course I'm talking about the message board, sorry I was misunderstood. And, yes, there are a ton of pop-ups on the message board.

And as far as the discussions there, I have no say in who posts what. Bobby posted some things, and I responded. I posted a tid-bit or two, but otherwise, have done nothing to start the whole mess back up again.

***The "tid-bit" was precisely the item I was speaking of, started by you, stirring the pot again.

I think the fact that a few of the "chosen" refuse to let it die, and must continually harp on something that has long burned out, goes a long way in showing who really likes to "stir the shit" so to speak.

***Uh huh.

If you don't like me or my site/board...don't visit. I don't force you there.

***I visited the site because I was surprised to see you back up after whatever happened. I was MORE surprised to see a blatant pot-shot at Byrne, going so far as to censor the word "Byrne"? Come on!

I've refused to even lurk "over there" anymore, as I want nothing more to do with the esteemed creator and his loyal fanatics.
So why don't you do the same.
Happy Holidays.

***Sarcasm drips. From "esteemed creator" to "Happy Holidays"

------------------
Darren A. Dew

#479245 - 12/10/01 01:01 AM Re: Comicon.com Fixture Glenn Barbis vs. Long-Time Industry Star John Byrne and his Posse
Glenn Barbis Jr Offline

Loc: Nowhere, Pa.
Why be surprised?

What, do you think I would just skulk off and be beaten down by a few "lackeys" and idiots? Give up my site, that is my income, because some assholes didn't like me commenting on their idol?

Sorry...I have tougher skin than that.

Yeah...they did some damage. But I'm more prepared this time.

As for censoring things on MY board...it's a joke. Everyone that knows of it, understands it. The only other words censored on my board are "censor" and "censorship"...another joke. Considering that it was because of "his followers" that I had to do some revamping of things (tho' most of my changes were already being planned), I thought it was kind of funny to censor "his" name. Again...it's MY board.

So I had a little fun this time around. I can't believe you're so offended by it. Anyway...deal with it. Or don't visit.

But to say I'm stirring things up, by posting things on MY BOARD...AND ONLY MY BOARD...of which has nothing to do with the events of this thread discussion, and for you to come here to dig it all up, shows who wants to stir things.

Why dredge shit up that's over and done with, anywhere else but the boards in question??? Why didn't you just post to my board, or Erik Larsen's board?

Not enough attention for you, I guess...

Like I said to all of you before...

Whatever!

I'll do what I want with my site/board. If you don't like it...don't visit. It's no simpler than that!

#479246 - 12/10/01 01:17 AM Re: Comicon.com Fixture Glenn Barbis vs. Long-Time Industry Star John Byrne and his Posse
Zelif Offline

Loc: chatham co GA USA
MCP sez [img]/resources/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]ude, you're the one who brought it up after 6 days. Give it a rest.

***I just thought I'd mention the potshot at Byrne. I thought it was relevent to this discussion, as Mr. Barbis, "Comicon fixture" was named in the title of the thread, and he wanted everyone else to drop it. Sorry to offend, but its amazing the spin on such things.

MCP sez: Hey, can anyone tell me when Byrne fans became the dittoheads of the comics community?

***I guess, you like Mr. Barbis, have never read any other comentary of mine, which is ceratinly understandable, as I am a true nobody, but is that a fair comment? I thought the potshot and the censorship unfair and said so, as GB said what he felt.
If I was wrong to post it here, feel free to tell me so, but also add why not, please.

------------------
Darren A. Dew

#479247 - 12/10/01 01:31 AM Re: Comicon.com Fixture Glenn Barbis vs. Long-Time Industry Star John Byrne and his Posse
Glenn Barbis Jr Offline

Darren...I apolgize for the "title" problem, and have fixed it.

Again...it was done in fun. It's just yours was mixed in, unintentionally.

Also, after re-reading some of my posts, i just want to say I'm not trying to be confrontational, as the posts may seem to be.

I have not brought up the old events, but only did some things on my "property" (so to speak) to laugh at it a bit.

I am sorry if that offends you. Everyone else got the joke.

And I added a spot for people to blast me there, another nod to old events, but in no way being used to bring them back.

***Actually, I should pay Rick V. a user fee, for "borrowing" the Gutters-like concept!*** [img]/resources/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]

Lighten up a bit Darren. It's comic books, for crikey! [img]/resources/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

#479248 - 12/10/01 03:00 PM Re: Comicon.com Fixture Glenn Barbis vs. Long-Time Industry Star John Byrne and his Posse
ChrisW Offline

Loc: Lincoln, Nebraska USA
Gosh, you guys even mentioned me! I'm so happy I could just barf. [img]/resources/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

[This message has been edited by ChrisW (edited 12-10-2001).]

"I think ChrisW is the funniest man in entertainment still alive..."
-- the perceptive Tom Spurgeon

#479249 - 12/13/01 10:50 PM Re: Comicon.com Fixture Glenn Barbis vs. Long-Time Industry Star John Byrne and his Posse
metron Offline

I know it's fun in a way, but this topic has outlived its usefulness. Byrne may get a little short sometimes with people, but he apparently at least has enough on the ball to want to answer questions from his fans, on a regular basis. I am by no means a hanger-on of John Byrne. He has done a lot of good work, still does good work, and I will as usual judge it by what is on the page. As far as Glenn Barbis is concerned, he appears to be playing the victim a bit too much to suit me. Poor ol' you got chewed out by John Byrne? I wish I had a hanky, otherwise I would cry. Believe me, I've been chewed out by experts, face to face. Fighting on the internet is nothing. So, as William Shatner said on that Saturday Night Live episode, Glenn, get a life!

#479250 - 12/13/01 11:35 PM Re: Comicon.com Fixture Glenn Barbis vs. Long-Time Industry Star John Byrne and his Posse
Glenn Barbis Jr Offline

Uh...I'm not the one that keeps mining this.

I've let go of it awhile back now.

Maybe you need to practice a little of what you preach, when it comes to worrying about people's lives and what they do with them.

------------------
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.."
Bilbo Baggins, from "The Hobbit" by J.R.R. Tolkien

Page 24 of 24 < 1 2 ... 22 23 24