Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#479473 - 11/27/01 08:11 PM Re: So much for creativity and new ideas!!
Howard Offline

Actually, I was unaware that DC ever hired writers. I thought their official policy was "DC does not hire writers; DC buys stories."

This freeze on unsolicited submissions is a new thing, as their submissions page, which I printed recently, was still pretty open. Let's hope this moratorium is only temporary.

#479474 - 11/28/01 06:43 PM Re: So much for creativity and new ideas!!
Zeus Thrillkill Offline

Mark,
I will definitely check out that Groo story. What I wouldn't give though to see DNAgents and Crossfire back in print. If those two titles ever make it back I'll think there is still hope for the industry.
I agree Dark Horse was a good publisher. Unfortunately, a lot of what they did was black and white and my local shops wouldn't carry it. I know I could have gone in and requested it, but I usually start buying a new book when I see it at the shop and flip through it. With Dark Horse title, I didn't have much of a chance to flip through, because they usually weren't there. Is Dark Horse still publishing, I haven't seen a title from them in my comic shop in years?
Zeus

[This message has been edited by Zeus Thrillkill (edited 11-28-2001).]

#479475 - 11/28/01 10:33 PM Re: So much for creativity and new ideas!!
GaryDills Offline

Loc: Herndon,Va USA
Star Wars? Buffy? Akira? Lone Wolf? Spyboy? Oh my Goddess? Blade of the Immortal? Sin City?(sometime soon after DK2, I hope!) Hellboy? All Dark Horse books- still being published

#479476 - 11/28/01 11:45 PM Re: So much for creativity and new ideas!!
Zeus Thrillkill Offline

Ok, I guess I have seen Buffy, but that's about it. I guess all the titles that I usually bought Dark Horse Presents, The American, etc were dropped by Dark Horse, and I was kind of overlooking the TV and Movie based comics which are the ones I still see at my comic shop. Good to realize that they are still around, I sure wish they would start putting out Dark Horse Presents again.
Zeus

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2