Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#488672 - 03/27/02 11:00 AM !@#$%!! old complaint!
Chris Juricich Offline

Loc: Berkeley, CA USA
I was trolling through the 'Comics' threads-- and I realized that 90% of the topics were about X-Men, Batman, and Spider-man. Comicon has literally become infested with fanboys!

Yes, I've complained before about the tenor of the boards changing so much of late and this is the last time. Things change.

Guess I'll stay in my room.

#488673 - 03/27/02 11:29 AM Re: !@#$%!! old complaint!
metron Offline

I agree with you that perhaps a wider range of comics need to be discussed on this board, but as can be seen by the market itself, X-Men and Spider-Man dominate that arena as well. :rolleyes:

#488674 - 03/27/02 12:17 PM Re: !@#$%!! old complaint!
Brad Simpson Offline

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Ouch!

#488675 - 03/27/02 12:33 PM Re: !@#$%!! old complaint!
Steve Conley Administrator Offline

Loc: Arlington, Virginia, USA
Chris,

Ya got a choice: start a thread about a book/ series you'd like to talk about OR start a !@#$%!! thread complaining that such a thread doesn't exist.

There are plenty of us who'd like to talk about indy books. What do you have in mind?

-- Steve

#488676 - 03/27/02 12:47 PM Re: !@#$%!! old complaint!
snoid Offline

maybe Steve, I started a thread about the Comcis Journal winter special and one response, by Jack to bitch about the price. So I just don't see the many who want to talk about indy comics.
Terry

#488677 - 03/27/02 01:09 PM Re: !@#$%!! old complaint!
Mark Allen Offline

Loc: Northwestern Oklahoma
Well, I think it depends on which indy book or talent is the subject of the discussion. I've seen at least one fairly long thread on Metabarons before, and there has been a fair amount of disussion on independent comic creators in the past. So, to assume that, since one indy discussion didn't "light up," there is not much interest in the subject, is a stretch.

A YouTube page! That's..., something.
Four Color Commentary

#488678 - 03/27/02 01:19 PM Re: !@#$%!! old complaint!
THE Anti-Hunter Offline

Loc: oceanside,Ca
I'll gladly start up a thread about NightBreed/ Clive Barker, but would that be considered not independent enough?
Actually I don't think I'd get much of a response, either, and has anyone noticed that there isn't much flow or traffic going through the Comic Book section w/ the exception of the obligatory X-men, Spiderman, threads; which I too am guilty of entertaining/starting.
What can I say that's what got me into comics in the first place, but now I like alot of different things and want more indy-books in my possession.

My forum: http://p207.ezboard.com/fthebullpen28879frm43

and the art blog: http://j-m-hunter.livejournal.com/

#488679 - 03/27/02 01:19 PM Re: !@#$%!! old complaint!
snoid Offline

Metabarons..?? a-huh yea that proves people around here like indy books. From where I sit Metabarons is the same old shit that the biggies pump out.
I don't really look at the term indy to mean Non- big comic company books. I think of indy books to be like TCJ winter special.
Terry

#488680 - 03/27/02 01:27 PM Re: !@#$%!! old complaint!
Mark Allen Offline

Loc: Northwestern Oklahoma
You equate Metabarons with DC/Marvel mainstream stuff? Have you really ever read it? Because, I have to say, that's the first time I've ever heard that opinion expressed.

A YouTube page! That's..., something.
Four Color Commentary

#488681 - 03/27/02 01:33 PM Re: !@#$%!! old complaint!
RANDY Offline

Loc: U.S.A.
Chris, I think its just indicative of whats going on all over fandom and for that matter all over the online comics community. I find that a lot of the review websites that I've been on lately concentrate on mostly Marvel, DC, Image and Crossgen stuff. Of course you will find an occasional review of an Indy book but they are usually few and far between. I think that the influx of "fanboys" (for lack of a better word) on this site can be pinpointed to the demise of Wizard's message boards awhile back. It was weird. One week everyone's discussing FROM HELL and Dan Clowes and the next there's all of these posts about Todd MacFarland and who's the most popular member of the X-Men.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >