Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#488722 - 03/29/02 12:29 PM Re: !@#$%!! old complaint!
Charles Reece Offline

Loc: us of fuckin' a
How does any of that make him right? What is it about your dream of unity that makes this thread pretentious?

#488723 - 03/29/02 09:18 PM Re: !@#$%!! old complaint!
The Dissolving Agent Offline

Loc: Berkeley CA
Quote:
Originally posted by snoid:
Thanks for proving our point, good job.
Terry

Just out of curiousity, what point did I prove and how did I prove it?

#488724 - 03/29/02 09:47 PM Re: !@#$%!! old complaint!
Donovan Offline

Loc: Rochester, NY
I think instead of a different forum for indy comics, Steve and Rick should create one called "Whine and Cheese" for all the pissing and moaning that goes on around here. I've been on this board for well over two years now, and I've seen some classic posters come and go. Am I a little bummed that we don't see Mark Evanier around any more? Sure. Has the comic book section gone a little x-treme? Yup.

But so what? Like the man said, this is a comics messboard. If you want a topic discussed, start one. If it dies, either feed it some more or start a new frigging topic. If one damn indy comic is all you have on your mind, then you're boring and unnecessary anyhow.

But for chrissake stop whining every time someone doesn't answer your post. It isn't the end of the world, nor even the end of Comicon, if your indy thread dies in infancy.

It IS the end, however, if you all go away crying because no one cared to discuss the latest (fill in the indy artist) masterpiece.

-Donovan (with about 200 STD's to his credit: Sudden Thread Deaths, that is wink )

#488725 - 03/29/02 10:42 PM Re: !@#$%!! old complaint!
LightningBandit Offline

Loc: Australia
WHO FUCKING CARES..... anyway......... FUCKING HELL FUCKETY FUCK FUCK FUCK SHIT............So what if people enjoy talk bout spidey-x-men and batman......... If you wanna talk about some1..... then create a topic.....I think the board is heavily dominated with Marvel topics. I wanna talk about "powers" never there is one topic on powers. No1 ever drops a Madman topic, Lone cub .., any Oni stuff but who gives a damm about what we talk about any way I don't think we deserve to be "fanboys" jesus who fucking cares people will always talk about those titles because most people buy them....
3. Clones are a easy way out of everything!
4. You know when your in Love when you have a warm feeling in your heart.... or is that Heartburn ?
5. Rob Liefield has no balls if he does kick them in
6. "The Greatest Of Friends Meet By the Slightest of chance"!!!
7. Eat your comics when you are Staving.
8. Powers Is a Crime Fiction/Super Hero Comic (Check the side of the TPB)
9. Ice Cream is everything
10. Bendis RULES!!!!

#488726 - 03/31/02 01:36 PM Re: !@#$%!! old complaint!
Chris Juricich Offline

Loc: Berkeley, CA USA
I feel as if I've been somewhat taken to task for complaining yet not offering any alternatives. I suppose that's fair.

Are we 'indy lovers' just lazy, I wonder?

I'll see if I can scare up some commentary on some indy stuff. And hopefully we'll see some response. Not surprisingly, my 'why do people bash John Byrne ' thread is up to five effin' pages! Jeezis, what's up with that?

#488727 - 03/31/02 01:46 PM Re: !@#$%!! old complaint!
Ayo Offline

Loc: New York
mad

you dudes ARE lazy!!!

I've started no less than FIVE(maybe more) topics in the last two, three days, and you whiners haven't even BOTHERED to check them out!

stop complaining.
or...come and discuss comics with me.

later...much later.

#488728 - 03/31/02 04:30 PM Re: !@#$%!! old complaint!
stephen Offline

Loc: Toronto
I think the idea of an "alternative" or "indie" segment to this board is just too exclusionary to be beneficial. Preaching to the converted may take less time to compose the sermon, but the point conversion might be mishandled at the snap (comics, religion and football allusions all for your rumination courtesy of Easter Sunday..).

One possible reason for low thread response might just be the fact that most fans of non-mainstream material have been conditioned to the fact that their favourite creators' schedules are somewhat less than monthly, making it possible to get by with a visit every three or four months, thereby making one's pronouncements on Optic Nerve #6 less than topical.

The inherent coolness factor kicks in as well. Showing enthusiasm or support for something indicates a level of caring that would kick you off the J.V. Cynicism team. Better to dwell in glazed stupor trying to remember what is or isn't ironic.

Go Team Comiques?

#488729 - 03/31/02 08:35 PM Re: !@#$%!! old complaint!
Matt Hawes Offline

Loc: Evansville, IN U.S.A.
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Juricich:
I feel as if I've been somewhat taken to task for complaining yet not offering any alternatives. I suppose that's fair.

Are we 'indy lovers' just lazy, I wonder?

I'll see if I can scare up some commentary on some indy stuff. And hopefully we'll see some response. Not surprisingly, my 'why do people bash John Byrne ' thread is up to five effin' pages! Jeezis, what's up with that?

It's partly that there are some people that love an excuse to tear down certain popular comics talents, and partly a challenge for many to see if they can race to a page six.

COMICS UNLIMITED
654-B E. Diamond Avenue
Evansville, Indiana 47711
(812) 423-6952

www.comicsunlimited.biz

#488730 - 03/31/02 11:39 PM Re: !@#$%!! old complaint!
Eel O'Brian Offline

Loc: North Kackalackee
Quote:
Originally posted by cannibal dee:
mad

you dudes ARE lazy!!!

I've started no less than FIVE(maybe more) topics in the last two, three days, and you whiners haven't even BOTHERED to check them out!

stop complaining.
or...come and discuss comics with me.

later...much later.

To be fair, dee, it IS Easter weekend, and a lot of folks are probably away from their computers. Give it a couple more days.

- Kevin

#488731 - 04/01/02 06:42 AM Re: !@#$%!! old complaint!
Pedro Mota Offline

Loc: Amadora, Portugal
Have to say I was expecting a lot of discussion here about the TCJ Winter Special, where comics creators discuss (in comic form) comics and comics creation, or (more discussion about) the Expo2001 anthology. Other than that, I'm sure that when an important subject will appear, the old Comicon.com threads will come back. But I miss the viewpoints of some of the olders, namely comic creators with booths here in Comicon.
Cannibal, I apreciate your efforts, and will follow (and contribute to) your threads.

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6