Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#494006 - 06/11/02 01:16 PM Anyone see the Bullseye costume from the Daredevil movie?
AaronFG Offline

Loc: NYC, NY
http://www.comics2film.com/StoryFrame.php?f_id=1086

bleah.

I'm sure what we need is yet ANOTHER movie tipping it's hat to the Matrix motif.

#494007 - 06/11/02 01:24 PM Re: Anyone see the Bullseye costume from the Daredevil movie?
Jimmy_Helter Offline

Loc: Columbia, SC
I'm split on this:

On one hand, the original Bullseye costume is definite geek territory. (What villian in their right mind where's a bullseye on their head? 'gee, I wonder if the cops will be able to see this!')

On the other hand, I agree with you that I'm getting a little tired of the whole goofy Matrix look.

The worst example of this is the bullshit liberties they took with the Elektra costume. ARGGHH!!!! frown

I've seen comments on another thread I posted about the Elecktra costume saying it reminded people of everything from Xena to Coyote Ugly. Sad.

I think all this is pointing to a movie that is going to lean more towards Mutant-X than Spider-man in how they treat the material.

#494008 - 06/11/02 01:39 PM Re: Anyone see the Bullseye costume from the Daredevil movie?
Dan Carroll Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL
Out of curiosity... do you guys plan on seeing the movie?

#494009 - 06/11/02 01:58 PM Re: Anyone see the Bullseye costume from the Daredevil movie?
AaronFG Offline

I'll go see it. But not on opening night or anything. Being disappointed by Ben Affleck and the treatment of Kingpin is just nothing i look forward to.

Besides the fact that i'm not even a daredevil fan to begin with. I read the Frank Miller Man without fear book, and his elektra book. Other than that i never could finish the kevin smith stuff when a friend lent it to me when i was in college. But by then i had stopped reading superhero books, so it may be no fault of the story at all.

#494010 - 06/11/02 02:31 PM Re: Anyone see the Bullseye costume from the Daredevil movie?
Dan Carroll Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL
The way I see it, altering the movie to the point where it is no longer faithful to the comic will not deter comic fans. They will see it regardless. Meanwhile, Marvel has a much better shot of luring in the 99% of the planet or so that thinks superhero comics are stupid.

Sounds like sound business practice to me.

#494011 - 06/11/02 02:51 PM Re: Anyone see the Bullseye costume from the Daredevil movie?
ATKokmen Offline

Loc: New York, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by Mvoid:
Out of curiosity... do you guys plan on seeing the movie?

Myself, as I do with almost every movie, I plan on waiting until a few actual reviews come out before deciding whether to pay to see it or not...
"[T]hough goodness without knowledge is weak and feeble, yet knowledge without goodness is dangerous, and that both united form the noblest character, and lay the surest foundation of usefulness to mankind." --John Phillips

#494012 - 06/11/02 02:58 PM Re: Anyone see the Bullseye costume from the Daredevil movie?
pogoman Offline

Loc: NYC
I will go see this movie, so far looks great and the director is a DD fan.

#494013 - 06/11/02 05:06 PM Re: Anyone see the Bullseye costume from the Daredevil movie?
Jim Offline

Because when you change your clothes, you're no longer the same person...

#494014 - 06/11/02 07:26 PM Re: Anyone see the Bullseye costume from the Daredevil movie?
Son of Thunder Offline

Loc: Hamilton, Ontario
Quote:
Originally posted by AaronFG:
http://www.comics2film.com/StoryFrame.php?f_id=1086

bleah.

I'm sure what we need is yet ANOTHER movie tipping it's hat to the Matrix motif.

Could be worse. It could be the actual comic book costume.

"I recommend that the Statue of Liberty on the East Coast be supplemented by a Statue of Responsibility on the West Coast." -Viktor Frankl

#494015 - 06/11/02 09:10 PM Re: Anyone see the Bullseye costume from the Daredevil movie?
AaronFG Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Son of Thunder:

Could be worse. It could be the actual comic book costume.

Heh.

That was very funny. And very very true.

I just think Bullseye is lame in any shape or form.

#494016 - 06/12/02 02:05 AM Re: Anyone see the Bullseye costume from the Daredevil movie?
wraith Offline

Loc: N.Y.
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jimmy_Helter:
[QB]I'm split on this:

On one hand, the original Bullseye costume is definite geek territory. (What villian in their right mind where's a bullseye on their head? 'gee, I wonder if the cops will be able to see this!')

Well he could always take the costume off, so the cops would'nt recognize him. From what I read on aint it cool news, the movie bullseye, has purposely carved the bullseye into his own flesh on his forhead.

I personaly don't have a problem with the movie look of the character. After all it's a movie and certain cosmetic changes must be made to the characters, in order for them to work on film. I will, however, be upset if the bulleye in the comic started looking like the movie version (and lets be honest, we all know it's going to happen).

#494017 - 06/12/02 02:15 AM Re: Anyone see the Bullseye costume from the Daredevil movie?
Wadji Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, Ca., USA
The Punisher!!! Starring Dolph Lundgren!!

...'nuff said.

see my funny little drawings at:
http://www.someguynamedelan.com

#494018 - 06/12/02 02:23 AM Re: Anyone see the Bullseye costume from the Daredevil movie?
wraith Offline

Loc: N.Y.
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jimmy_Helter:
[QB]I'm split on this:

Well he could always take the costume off, so the cops would'nt recognize him. From what I read on aint it cool news, the movie bullseye, has purposely carved the bullseye into his own flesh on his forhead.

I personaly don't have a problem with the movie look of the character. After all it's a movie and certain cosmetic changes must be made to the characters, in order for them to work on film. I will, however, be upset if the bulleye in the comic started looking like the movie version (and lets be honest, we all know it's going to happen).

#494019 - 06/12/02 03:19 AM Re: Anyone see the Bullseye costume from the Daredevil movie?
The_Evil_Dean Offline

Loc: London
I dont think that "the matrix" holds the patent for trenchcoats, I think the design for bullseye looks pretty nice what with the description of a bullseye carved into his head with a knife as a challange to his opponents.

I have seen a lot of Colin Farrel's work and believe me he will steal the show out from under Mr Affleck.

The Elektra costume on the other hand, apart from small greek influences just looks like a cop out.

#494020 - 06/12/02 05:35 AM Re: Anyone see the Bullseye costume from the Daredevil movie?
The Joker Offline

Personally I think the Daredevil, Bullseye and Elektra costumes look fine. I mean if they stuck to the comic book it would look really ridiculous. I mean come on just spandex and the bandana's ugh! The Only thing that bothers me is Kingpin being black. I know that is a rude statement but personally stick to the book. But if Michael Clarke Duncan puts on a great performence then I'll eat my own words.

#494021 - 06/12/02 06:07 AM Re: Anyone see the Bullseye costume from the Daredevil movie?
shwicaz Offline

Loc: Boston, Ma
I have no problem with anything I have seen on the film so far. I am a fan of the comic (have been for years), and I do plan on seeing the film.

I don't think I will ever understand "the matrix" comparison. Any time someone is in black leather, or has a long, black. coat, people start saying "its a Matrix rip-off", any time a fight scene calls for some slo-mo acrobatics people say "its a Matrix rip-off". I just don't see it.

That's like saying every movie that has a great car chase is a "french connection rip-off", or that every horror film with a high body count is a "friday the 13th rip off".

The film, music, book, and comic industry DOES borrow elements from other mediums. It is a way of life. It is how some mediums move forward and adapt, and become their own thing.

#494022 - 06/12/02 02:45 PM Re: Anyone see the Bullseye costume from the Daredevil movie?
kingtut Offline

Loc: CS, CO
Id be mad about the costume if that picure didnt look so incredibly awesome.

I heard that there will definitely be a DD trailer before Minority Report. Looks like im seein Minority Report now.

#494023 - 06/12/02 03:33 PM Re: Anyone see the Bullseye costume from the Daredevil movie?
Sock Puppet #9.5 Offline

Quote:
I have seen a lot of Colin Farrel's work and believe me he will steal the show out from under Mr Affleck.
Mr. Affleck's appeal to the movie going public reached it's zenith a while back. It always takes the casting directors sometime to figure that out, though.

If the movie keeps most of Affleck's body in that costume, it stands a chance. The minute Affleck is on the screen, but out of that red suit, that is the minute the audience members decide to refill their sodas.

SP9.5

#494024 - 06/12/02 04:22 PM Re: Anyone see the Bullseye costume from the Daredevil movie?
SUICiDENMX Offline

Loc: Texas
I stared at that picture for a little while and realize I have no opinion whatsoever. It's weird-- I really love Daredevil, but I've never really given a second thought to Bullseye... I always thought DD deserved a better villain than that-- a true foil character like the Kingpin. I mean... Bullseye obviously spends waaaay too much time at Target. oooo ooo scary... They needed to do something with him so I'm game to see where they take this. I just hope he won't have goofy Matrix powers or anything.

And yeah-- guess I'll have to see Minority Report now. Wasn't planning on catching anything until the Bourne Identity, but have to see that trailer. Just hope it's not a lame teaser like the Hulk. I already know Affleck is starring, I have no need to pay eleven bucks for a voiceover.

SUICiDE

#494025 - 06/13/02 08:00 AM Re: Anyone see the Bullseye costume from the Daredevil movie?
TCA Offline

Loc: England
Well i like long black leather trenchcoats. So there :p

I honestly can't see the original costumes transferring any other way. The Daredevil costume design must have been really hard to keep faithful to, with the Elektra costume, i couldn't see it working any other way either.
With Bullseye we couldn't quite have a guy in a jumpsuit with a bullseye on it. Who knows? Maybe there'll be a really cool design on the back of that coat, a silver Bullseye logo maybe?
I think that could work really well. laugh

Starfox : "Oh, let's just saythat in some places my reputation precedes me. So when i show up, local telepaths endeavor to monitor my activities, lest I... you know..."

Captain Marvel : "Jump their wives?"

Starfox : "More Or Less"

#494026 - 06/13/02 01:51 PM Re: Anyone see the Bullseye costume from the Daredevil movie?
Steve Hogan Offline

Loc: Burlington, VT 05401
Quote:
Originally posted by Sock Puppet #9.5:
Mr. Affleck's appeal to the movie going public reached it's zenith a while back. It always takes the casting directors sometime to figure that out, though.

SUM OF ALL FEARS being the #1 movie in the country might explain some of that confusion.

#494027 - 06/13/02 08:54 PM Re: Anyone see the Bullseye costume from the Daredevil movie?
Son of Thunder Offline

Loc: Hamilton, Ontario
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve Hogan:

SUM OF ALL FEARS being the #1 movie in the country might explain some of that confusion.

OO! Zap! Score one for Hogan.

"I recommend that the Statue of Liberty on the East Coast be supplemented by a Statue of Responsibility on the West Coast." -Viktor Frankl

#494028 - 06/13/02 09:54 PM Re: Anyone see the Bullseye costume from the Daredevil movie?
SUICiDENMX Offline

Loc: Texas
Hahaha That was a zinger!

SUICiDE

#494029 - 06/13/02 10:54 PM Re: Anyone see the Bullseye costume from the Daredevil movie?
Steve Hogan Offline

Loc: Burlington, VT 05401
It's not like I want to take Ben to the prom or anything, but let's be real...

CHANGING LANES and SUM OF ALL FEARS have shown that Ben Affleck + critically acclaimed black actors = success.

Michael Clarke Duncan, your dance card is up!

#494030 - 06/14/02 11:36 PM Re: Anyone see the Bullseye costume from the Daredevil movie?
Shine Offline

Loc: Gaithersburg, MD
So if we just splice Ben into TO SIR, WITH LOVE...

Chills.

#494031 - 06/15/02 01:31 PM Re: Anyone see the Bullseye costume from the Daredevil movie?
Matthewwave Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA USA
Clearly, they should've cast Lulu as Elektra.

Matthew

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >