Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
#506738 - 01/15/03 03:00 PM "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, and I'll bomb you"
gene phillips Offline

Loc: Houston, TX
Is anyone else torqued by Dubya's recent announcement that "the Iraqis must disarm?" I mean, one minute it's, "Saddam, you better let those inspectors in or else," and the next it's "You better show us those weapons the inspectors didn't find, or else."
Whotta maroon.

For those not in the know, the "fool me once" reference is to a gaffe Dubya made a month or so back, when he mangled the old "fool me once" adage in an attempt to be what he is not: a witty speaker.

#506739 - 01/15/03 04:46 PM Re: "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, and I'll bomb you"
JaNell Golden Offline

That's our President, busy putting the "Duh" back into "Dubya".

#506740 - 01/15/03 04:58 PM Re: "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, and I'll bomb you"
Dan Carroll Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL
Quote:
Originally posted by JaNell:
putting the "Duh" back into "Dubya".

Heh heh... I gotta steal that one...

#506741 - 01/15/03 05:06 PM Re: "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, and I'll bomb you"
S.C. Powers Offline

Loc: Houston, Texas
I agree with Duhbya, I mean he might not be totally correct in his campaign against Suddam, but he should be given credit and plus most parts of his plan are actually prety good. I mean look at the amount of troops he is sending into Kuwait, 60,000. Then he is sending 67,000 more in before the war even starts. THey are also doing urban warfare training to get the soldiers used to being in that kind of environment. I plan to be a marine one day and study up on my news. I support Duhbya and his plan fully.

The Marines' Hymn

Here's health to you and to our Corps
Which we are proud to serve;
In many a strife we've fought for life
And never lost our nerve.
If the Army and the Navy
Ever gaze on Heaven's scenes,
They will find the streets are guarded
By United States Marines.

#506742 - 01/15/03 05:33 PM Re: "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, and I'll bomb you"
JaNell Golden Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan Carroll:

Heh heh... I gotta steal that one...

Nah, quote me. It'll look cooler, like I have a fan or something. :rolleyes:

#506743 - 01/15/03 06:30 PM Re: "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, and I'll bomb you"
Joe Zabel Offline

Loc: Cleveland Heights, OH 44106
What's with the anti-affirmative action thing and the 'sancity of life day' both on the same day? Is Bush trying to shore up his support on the right? I mean, hasn't he satisfied his right wing enough? One theory-- he's getting flack for the North Korea overture, so he's trying to change the subject.

#506744 - 01/15/03 07:06 PM Re: "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, and I'll bomb you"
madget Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by gene phillips:
For those not in the know, the "fool me once" reference is to a gaffe Dubya made a month or so back, when he mangled the old "fool me once" adage in an attempt to be what he is not: a witty speaker.

I still crack up just thinking about that one. I really wish I had it on tape. Whatever you want to say about W, no one can claim he's been less than entertaining.

More entertaining yet I imagine to the rest of the world who has the pleasure of shaking their heads and murmuring: "they actually elected this man."

K

#506745 - 01/15/03 07:10 PM Re: "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, and I'll bomb you"
JaNell Golden Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by madget:
"they actually elected this man."
[/QB]

No we didn't. That was the year we started assigning Presidents alphabetically; didn't you get the memo?
laugh

#506746 - 01/15/03 07:53 PM Re: "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, and I'll bomb you"
Eric Millikin_dup1 Offline

Loc: Detroit
Quote:
Originally posted by Joe Zabel:
What's with the anti-affirmative action thing and the 'sancity of life day' both on the same day? Is Bush trying to shore up his support on the right? I mean, hasn't he satisfied his right wing enough? One theory-- he's getting flack for the North Korea overture, so he's trying to change the subject.

He did the National Sanctity of Life Day routine last year about this time -- it's timed to coincide with the anniversary of Roe vs. Wade (The 30th aniversary is this year, Thurs. Jan. 23). The anti-affirmative action stance is probably meant to make clear any confusion there may have been after Bush's recent criticism of Trent Lott's failure to be appropriately vague in his racist statements.

#506747 - 01/16/03 03:14 PM Re: "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, and I'll bomb you"
Mark Allen Offline

Loc: Northwestern Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally posted by gene phillips:
Is anyone else torqued by Dubya's recent announcement that "the Iraqis must disarm?" I mean, one minute it's, "Saddam, you better let those inspectors in or else," and the next it's "You better show us those weapons the inspectors didn't find, or else."
Whotta maroon.

Sadam's the guy who oversaw the use of poison gas against Iran and the Iranian people during the 1980-88 Iran-Iraq war, and summarily executed thousands of Iranian prisoners of war as a matter of policy. He used poison gas on cities in the "Anfal" campaign in the late 1980's against the Iraqi Kurds. In one of the worst single mass killings in recent history, Iraq dropped chemical weapons on Halabja in 1988, which killed as many as 5,000 people — mostly civilians.

Eleven empty chemical-weapon warheads were just found in good operating condition in Iraq. Read it here.

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/world/DailyNews/iraq030116.html

Yeah, that Bush sure is a maroon for not trusting good ol', honest Saddam.

Give me a break. Disagreeing with a president politically is one thing, but to the point of taking the side of a despot like Hussein is, to me, mind-boggling.

A YouTube page! That's..., something.
Four Color Commentary

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... 9 10 >