Page 1 of 42 1 2 3 ... 41 42 >
Topic Options
#511927 - 04/09/03 11:33 AM US Marines and IRAQI Citizens work together...Michael Moore has Egg on His Face
Talon T M Offline

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - U.S. troops pulled down a 20-foot high statue of President Saddam Hussein in central Baghdad Wednesday and Iraqis danced on it in contempt for the man who ruled them with an iron grip for 24 years.

In scenes reminiscent of the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989, Iraqis earlier took a sledgehammer to the marble plinth under the statue of Saddam. Youths had placed a noose around the statue's neck and attached the rope to a U.S. truck.

The metal statue, showing Saddam with one arm raised above his head, was erected in 2001, replacing a gate and arch structure that was called the Unknown Soldier Monument.

Saddam, who has ruled Iraq through three wars and years of suffering since he assumed the presidency of his oil-rich country in 1979, had vowed to defeat an invasion launched by the United States and Britain last month to overthrow him.

But his forces offered little resistance as U.S. forces thrust deep into the heart of the Iraqi capital on Wednesday. U.S. Marines had rumbled up to the Palestine Hotel, overlooking the statue, in the late afternoon.
==========================================

In spite of the lies from high school dropouts from Hollywood, the world has seen the truth behind the Iraq War. Seeing the jubilant Iraqis was enough for me, but hearing about the liberation of over 160 "political prisoners" who were actually children (toddlers to pre-adolescents) that were horribly tortured in a slimy Baghdad "prison for kids" (simply because their parents spoke out agains Saddam) was the icing on the cake. People against this war have been greatly mislead...but what else is new.

#511928 - 04/09/03 11:55 AM Re: US Marines and IRAQI Citizens work together...Michael Moore has Egg on His Face
ScooterDoom Offline

Nuff said.

#511929 - 04/09/03 11:56 AM Re: US Marines and IRAQI Citizens work together...Michael Moore has Egg on His Face
justapilgrim32 Offline

Loc: monroe n.c.
Let Freedom Ring!!!

#511930 - 04/09/03 12:27 PM Re: US Marines and IRAQI Citizens work together...Michael Moore has Egg on His Face
Oscar Offline

Loc: Culiacan, Sinaloa, Mexico
I donīt love the warrior because of his streght, or the arrow because it flyes, or the sword because its sharp edge. I only love what they defend.

JJR Tolkien Lord of the Rings

#511931 - 04/09/03 12:54 PM Re: US Marines and IRAQI Citizens work together...Michael Moore has Egg on His Face
Dan Carroll Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL
You guys crack me up.

#511932 - 04/09/03 01:00 PM Re: US Marines and IRAQI Citizens work together...Michael Moore has Egg on His Face
Scout99 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan Carroll:
You guys crack me up.

I'm laughing up a storm as well.

#511933 - 04/09/03 01:03 PM Re: US Marines and IRAQI Citizens work together...Michael Moore has Egg on His Face
ScooterDoom Offline

Quote:
You guys crack me up.

Sounds like a whiny liberal to me.

#511934 - 04/09/03 01:06 PM Re: US Marines and IRAQI Citizens work together...Michael Moore has Egg on His Face
ScooterDoom Offline

Quote:
I'm laughing up a storm as well.

and his little bitch girlfriend.

#511935 - 04/09/03 01:07 PM Re: US Marines and IRAQI Citizens work together...Michael Moore has Egg on His Face
giantmonsterrobot Offline

Loc: atlanta
And we only had to kill about 1000 civilians to do it! (According to www.iraqbodycount.net) Let's not mention that we're leaving behind radioactive battlefields from our use of depleted uranium in our bombs and artillery shells, which will cause cancer and birth defects for at least the next decade, probably a lot longer.

And, hey, we found some of those pesky chemical warheads (nevermind that Saddam never even apparently thought about using 'em).

In all seriousness, I'm glad Saddam's regime is out of there. He was evil. We should be much more careful whom we arm heavily with WMD in the future.

#511936 - 04/09/03 01:08 PM Re: US Marines and IRAQI Citizens work together...Michael Moore has Egg on His Face
Matt_Fabb Offline

Loc: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Meanwhile Michael Moore is laughing all the way to the bank...

From Michael Moore's website (www.michaelmoore.com):

Quote:
Well, take a look at my Oscar "backlash":

-- On the day after I criticized Bush and the war at the Academy Awards, attendance at "Bowling for Columbine" in theaters around the country went up 110% (source: Daily Variety/BoxOfficeMojo.com). The following weekend, the box office gross was up a whopping 73% (Variety). It is now the longest-running consecutive commercial release in America, 26 weeks in a row and still thriving. The number of theaters showing the film since the Oscars has INCREASED, and it has now bested the previous box office record for a documentary by nearly 300%.

-- Yesterday (April 6), "Stupid White Men" shot back to #1 on the New York Times bestseller list. This is my book's 50th week on the list, 8 of them at number one, and this marks its fourth return to the top position, something that virtually never happens.

-- In the week after the Oscars, my website was getting 10-20 million hits A DAY (one day we even got more hits than the White House!). The mail has been overwhelmingly positive and supportive (and the hate mail has been hilarious!).

-- In the two days following the Oscars, more people pre-ordered the video for "Bowling for Columbine" on Amazon.com than the video for the Oscar winner for Best Picture, "Chicago."

-- In the past week, I have obtained funding for my next documentary, and I have been offered a slot back on television to do an updated version of "TV Nation"/ "The Awful Truth."

Page 1 of 42 1 2 3 ... 41 42 >