Page 29 of 31 < 1 2 ... 27 28 29 30 31 >
Topic Options
#516348 - 07/10/03 05:59 PM Re: Marvel's First 500th Issue....
Paul Herden Offline

Loc: location
Therefore, Maggie Thompson and the rest of the CBG group are now pathetic dancing monkeys. Noted!

#516349 - 07/10/03 08:03 PM Re: Marvel's First 500th Issue....
Matt Hawes Offline

Loc: Evansville, IN U.S.A.
Quote:
Originally posted by Paul Herden:
Therefore, Maggie Thompson and the rest of the CBG group are now pathetic dancing monkeys. Noted!

*sigh*

Poor Paul. You still crying? Here's a hanky...

Now continue the dance, monkey. smile

*crack*

[img]http://members.aol.com/comicsunlimited/monkey.gif[/img]

COMICS UNLIMITED
654-B E. Diamond Avenue
Evansville, Indiana 47711
(812) 423-6952

www.comicsunlimited.biz

#516350 - 07/10/03 09:12 PM Re: Marvel's First 500th Issue....
Scott Rowland Offline

Loc: California, U.S.A.
Quote:
Originally posted by Samuel Catalino:

Journey Into Mystery/The Mighty Thor is a Marvel comic, so when it reached 500, it was the first Marvel comic to do so.

Not all 500 issues of the combined titles were published by Marvel or even had Marvel on the cover. There are not 500 sequentially numbered issues of the same title , OR its direct successor, all of which have been clearly identified at the time of publication as a Marvel comic. Thus no Marvel comic has reached 500. They started calling it a Marvel comic sometime after 82, so there is no issue of Journey into Mystery or Mighty Thor published by Marvel comics and numbered 45. Without one numbered 45 there could not be one numbered 500, right?

#516351 - 07/10/03 11:16 PM Re: Marvel's First 500th Issue....
ericomaraltice Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Matt Hawes:
I got in the latest issue of "Comics Buyer's Guide" (#1549) today, and guess what burning issue is being discussed by Maggie and the gang in the "Oh So?" pages and elsewhere...?

The numbering for "Fantastic Four" #500 (As well as questions about the numbering for "The Incredible Hulk."

It seems there are many people in the industry who find this a worthwhile topic to discuss. smile

Yes, it's quite an industry...

#516352 - 07/10/03 11:30 PM Re: Marvel's First 500th Issue....
Samuel Catalino Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott Rowland:

Not all 500 issues of the combined titles were published by Marvel or even had Marvel on the cover. There are not 500 sequentially numbered issues of the same title , OR its direct successor, all of which have been clearly identified at the time of publication as a Marvel comic. Thus no Marvel comic has reached 500. They started calling it a Marvel comic sometime after 82, so there is no issue of Journey into Mystery or Mighty Thor published by Marvel comics and numbered 45. Without one numbered 45 there could not be one numbered 500, right?

You raise a very interesting point, one that has been raised before. Fantastic Four volume 1 issue 1 was not even a Marvel comic. It clearly states Marvel Comics Group in volume 1, issue 14 May of 1963.

One last thing. These comics were never published by Marvel Comics group. They were published by CANAM PUBLISHING SALES CORP, including Fantastic Four volume 1 issue 14. You see CANAM even in Fantastic Four volume 1 issue 63....Even in volume 1 issue 131 it is not published by Marvel Comics....

So, I conclude that is not how you define 'Marvel Comics.' I submit that Timely evolved into Atlas which evolved into Marvel and the timeline for the comics are the same...

#516353 - 07/11/03 03:05 AM Re: Marvel's First 500th Issue....
Paul Herden Offline

Loc: location
The mind boggles. Up above, Matt Hawes wrote:
"....really, let it rest. I would think all the points and counter-points have been beaten to death. Then again, if this is what you want to do with your time... Far be it for me to interfere."

But later on this SAME PAGE, he excitedly returned with truly thrilling news:
"...guess what burning issue is being discussed by Maggie and the gang in the "Oh So?" pages and elsewhere...? It seems there are many people in the industry who find this a worthwhile topic to discuss."

Unlike you, a monkey would understand that this topic can't possibly be lame and cool at the same time. It might be time to go back and rewrite another post to fit continuity, geek.

Of course, we're talking about a guy who thinks he can erase the sting of being labelled "Mainstream Matt" by putting it into his sig for a little while. And how odd. I mean, focusing on one dopey little wisecrack that every other person had completely forgotten about? That can't be emotionally healthy. (Wait, I get it! He's empowering himself!)

I apologize for hurting you. But forgive me if I decline to accept the hankie. Anyone with the time to Photoshop make-believe superhero lobby cards probably gets greater than average use out of his handkerchiefs.

#516354 - 07/11/03 08:16 AM Re: Marvel's First 500th Issue....
Samuel Catalino Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Paul Herden:
The mind boggles. Up above, Matt Hawes wrote:
"....really, let it rest. I would think all the points and counter-points have been beaten to death. Then again, if this is what you want to do with your time... Far be it for me to interfere."

But later on this SAME PAGE, he excitedly returned with truly thrilling news:
"...guess what burning issue is being discussed by Maggie and the gang in the "Oh So?" pages and elsewhere...? It seems there are many people in the industry who find this a worthwhile topic to discuss."

Unlike you, a monkey would understand that this topic can't possibly be lame and cool at the same time. It might be time to go back and rewrite another post to fit continuity, geek.

Of course, we're talking about a guy who thinks he can erase the sting of being labelled "Mainstream Matt" by putting it into his sig for a little while. And how odd. I mean, focusing on one dopey little wisecrack that every other person had completely forgotten about? That can't be emotionally healthy. (Wait, I get it! He's empowering himself!)

I apologize for hurting you. But forgive me if I decline to accept the hankie. Anyone with the time to Photoshop make-believe superhero lobby cards probably gets greater than average use out of his handkerchiefs.

It might be beyond your comprehension to understand why Matt posted that, but the discussion in CBG was a new twist in this topic.

He was not engaging anyone here with points and counter points, he was reporting what he read.

Too bad you are not intelligent enough to recognize the difference.

#516355 - 07/11/03 10:58 AM Re: Marvel's First 500th Issue....
Matt Hawes Offline

Loc: Evansville, IN U.S.A.
Quote:
Originally posted by Samuel Catalino:

...Too bad you are not intelligent enough to recognize the difference.

And thank goodness there are other people with the intelligence -- And minus the agenda from some people that comes as a result of a bruised ego -- to note the difference.

COMICS UNLIMITED
654-B E. Diamond Avenue
Evansville, Indiana 47711
(812) 423-6952

www.comicsunlimited.biz

#516356 - 07/11/03 12:17 PM Re: Marvel's First 500th Issue....
Dan Carroll Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL
[img]http://www.se7en-x.com/argue/argue.jpg[/img]

Never truer, people. smile

#516357 - 07/11/03 12:48 PM Re: Marvel's First 500th Issue....
jack Offline

Loc: Just south of NYC
Matt Hawes calling Samuel Catalino intelligent. This is a bigger oxymoron than "jumbo shrimp"...What do you think Matt would think if he knew of Catalino's Gutter origins?

Page 29 of 31 < 1 2 ... 27 28 29 30 31 >