Page 3 of 31 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 30 31 >
Topic Options
#516088 - 06/26/03 11:53 PM Re: Marvel's First 500th Issue....
-eric Offline

Loc: ohio
Quote:
Originally posted by Matt Hawes:

And, er, "Marvel" did not exist as the company's name in 1961 when "Fantastic Four" #1 (vol.1) was published.

Bullshit. The first thirteen issues of the Fantastic Four have an MC logo. Presumably, the 'M' stands for 'Marvel' and the 'C' stands for 'Comics'.

Or maybe the 'M' stands for 'Matt' and the 'C' stands for 'cocksucker'?

#516089 - 06/27/03 12:00 AM Re: Marvel's First 500th Issue....
Matt Hawes Offline

Loc: Evansville, IN U.S.A.
Quote:
Originally posted by -eric:

Bullshit. The first thirteen issues of the Fantastic Four have an MC logo. Presumably, the 'M' stands for 'Marvel' and the 'C' stands for 'Comics'.

Ask Stan, "-eric". Marvel Comics did not go by "Marvel" officially in 1961.

Seriously, pull out your collection of early "Fantastic Four" comics and you'll come across that letter column I referred to before.

COMICS UNLIMITED
654-B E. Diamond Avenue
Evansville, Indiana 47711
(812) 423-6952

www.comicsunlimited.biz

#516090 - 06/27/03 12:05 AM Re: Marvel's First 500th Issue....
Ben T. Steckler Offline

Loc: York, PA, USA
Matt, I know how intelligent I am. I'm not going to get into a Pithing contest with you, because you obviously have cork for brains, pinhead.

Anybody who would raise such a fuss over whether this or that comic is really the "500th" issue of anything takes his comic books way too seriously, and needs to get a life. You, and fans like yourself, are the reasons why Comics aren't a respected artform by American Society-at-large, because your petty bitching on message boards reinforces every negative stereotype in the books about the nerdy, detail-obsessed comics fan.

I suggest you do go read a book. Go read some Oscar Wilde, or Ambrose Bierce, and maybe you'll learn what a Pithy comment really is.

And don't think you can cheat by reading the Vertigo mini-series, or that Stephen Fry movie about Wilde.

For The Sake of everybody else in this nation who would like to be able to read their comics in a Public place, man, get your ass out of your comic shop, away from your computer, and take a walk, before you turn me into Kurt Wolfgang!

#516091 - 06/27/03 12:09 AM Re: Marvel's First 500th Issue....
dlmccaslin Offline

Quote:

I'm pretty sure there's a "#500" on that Thor comic above. I kinda think that means that "Fantastic Four" #500 will not be the first Marvel Comic to reach that number. Really. That's my point, and it really kinda looks to be the case.

So, yes, I'm correct that FF will not be the first Marvel #500.

Does it hurt, Caslin?

First of all, don't abbreviate my name, Awes.

Secondly, by that logic, I could put out 1 issue, number 500, and it would be the 500th issue.
If you can show me 500 comics with "Journey Into Mystery" as the title, I'll believe you.

"-Wild things leave skins behind them, they leave clean skins and teeth and white bones behind them, and these are tokens passed from one to another, so that the fugitive kind can always follow their kind . . ."

#516092 - 06/27/03 12:18 AM Re: Marvel's First 500th Issue....
Matt Hawes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Ben T. Steckler:
Anybody who would raise such a fuss over whether this or that comic is really the "500th" issue of anything takes his comic books way too seriously, and needs to get a life...

--- And yet here you are, bickering with me. Kinda deflates your whole whiny post, huh?

You're touchy, Ben. Did someone else laugh at your 'zine?

COMICS UNLIMITED
654-B E. Diamond Avenue
(812) 423-6952

www.comicsunlimited.biz

#516093 - 06/27/03 12:20 AM Re: Marvel's First 500th Issue....
Matt Hawes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by dlmccaslin:

Secondly, by that logic, I could put out 1 issue, number 500, and it would be the 500th issue.
If you can show me 500 comics with "Journey Into Mystery" as the title, I'll believe you.

Caslin, there was an issue with the #500 on it from Marvel. It was "The Mighty THOR." It's a fact.

I'm sorry if that makes you sad.

COMICS UNLIMITED
654-B E. Diamond Avenue
(812) 423-6952

www.comicsunlimited.biz

#516094 - 06/27/03 12:21 AM Re: Marvel's First 500th Issue....
dlmccaslin Offline

Quote:

Um, sorry, dipshit. The fact you bothered to read the thread and have posted over 400 times on these boards alone loses you the right to make pithy little remarks.

So sorry for you.

Quote:

Two dipshits, I see.

You see, I knew you would come up with something totally creative, something that NO ONE has ever thought of before, some new and interesting way of dehumanizing your fellow man. See, I knew that a person of your superior intelect would draw Inspiration from the Musesand find something that was beyond anything we mere mortals could comprehend. And you have done just that. You have found...dipshit.

Seriously, I think you owe these guys an apology. For someone who was slamming the guttere HERE:
Quote:
Oh, and this will surprize you: Rich frequents the Gutters. I read his response and I reasoned that he was one of the denizens of the troll realm, and a quick check showed me to be correct.

Apparently, Rich is too involved with Guttering to read a book, himself.

Rich, really, keep to the Gutters. The light ill suits you.

You sure have done a lot to bring this board down to their level.

"-Wild things leave skins behind them, they leave clean skins and teeth and white bones behind them, and these are tokens passed from one to another, so that the fugitive kind can always follow their kind . . ."

#516095 - 06/27/03 12:23 AM Re: Marvel's First 500th Issue....
dlmccaslin Offline

Quote:

Caslin, there was an issue with the #500 on it from Marvel. It was "The Mighty THOR." It's a fact.

So show me the other 499 issues.
In other words, just because there is an "Issue#500" stamp on the cover doesn't mean there were 500 issues of Thor. There were, however, 500 issues of Fantastic Four. So, yes, there was an issue of Thor with 500 on the cover, but FF is the first whole title to exist with the same name and the same cast of characters for 500 issues.

#516096 - 06/27/03 12:27 AM Re: Marvel's First 500th Issue....
dlmccaslin Offline

Quote:

And if you treat your customers with as little respect as you treat the people here, I'll bet your business wouldn't be doing so hot.

#516097 - 06/27/03 12:30 AM Re: Marvel's First 500th Issue....
Matt Hawes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by dlmccaslin:

You sure have done a lot to bring this board down to their level.

Oh come on, Caslin.

Seriously, I posted that "Fantastic Four" #500 will not be Marvel's first 500th issue, which the ads for that comic state. And it will not be the first.

Some fans like you took my point against all things Marveldom and started with the snide remarks and insults.

I responded in kind.

Listen, crybabies, I can call attention to the fact that "Fantastic Four" #500 is not the first #500 published by Marvel and still like the characters of that company.

Is it sensible to worry about such matters? Well, I guess it must be if Marvel is touting it, fans are buying the comic because of numbering, and some of you are getting all pissy because someone questions the claim.

COMICS UNLIMITED
654-B E. Diamond Avenue
(812) 423-6952

www.comicsunlimited.biz

Page 3 of 31 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 30 31 >