Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#516641 - 06/27/03 12:41 AM Re: Strom Thurmond is Dead
Matt Hawes Offline

Loc: Evansville, IN U.S.A.
Quote:
Originally posted by Ben T. Steckler:
...I can't say that many people care to continually peruse your incessant picayune rantings on the boards, though...

And, yet, here you are doing just that.

Oh, Ben, I'm sorry for insulting your 'zine. It's really nice and I am sure that when you grow up you will learn how to draw like a big boy. Yes, you will, you silly. Don't worry. laugh

COMICS UNLIMITED
654-B E. Diamond Avenue
Evansville, Indiana 47711
(812) 423-6952

www.comicsunlimited.biz

#516642 - 06/27/03 02:42 AM Re: Strom Thurmond is Dead
Son of Thunder Offline

Loc: Hamilton, Ontario
Psssst.

Guys.

The thread's about Thurmond. Not your pissing contest.

"I recommend that the Statue of Liberty on the East Coast be supplemented by a Statue of Responsibility on the West Coast." -Viktor Frankl

#516643 - 06/27/03 07:33 AM Re: Strom Thurmond is Dead
Matthewwave Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA USA
"Strom Thurmond is Dead"

It must've been that Sodomy Law decision in Texas that did him in.

Matthew

#516644 - 06/27/03 09:52 AM Re: Strom Thurmond is Dead
Ben T. Steckler Offline

Loc: York, PA, USA
Don't you read, Charles? Its not a Pissing contest, It's a PITH-ing contest.

I love how Matt gets all huffy, and assumes that I'm making fun of Strom's Death because I disagree with his politics. (he brought that up over on the other thread where he's hiding) How I feel about his politics had nothing to do with my response. But Matt presumes to "know" my motivation, all-knowing comics demi-god that he purports himself.

If you need to know Matt, the inner workings of my mind. I simply made a comics-related reference to the resemblance so many mainstream comics characters have to Lazarus. Since somebody mentioned Stroms Death here in a "Comics" forum, I made a comic-referenced joke about him being brought back eventually.

Just like I'm sure we'll all joke after your death, Mr. Hawes. As soon as the kegs are empty, and the confetti has settled.

#516645 - 06/27/03 09:54 AM Re: Strom Thurmond is Dead
Dan Carroll Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL
Strom Thurmond? Dead?

There... there's so much I want to say! Oh God, where to begin...

Oh, that's right.

DING DONG, THE WITCH IS DEAD!
Which old witch? THE WICKED WITCH!
DING DONG, THE WICKED WITCH IS DEAD!

#516646 - 06/27/03 10:04 AM Re: Strom Thurmond is Dead
snoid Offline

Anyone that takes pleasure in the death of another person is an asshole. You can hate the man and his stand, but to take pleasure in his death makes you no better then what you hate. And for the record I thought Thurmond was a racist pig, who should have never been elected.

#516647 - 06/27/03 10:12 AM Re: Strom Thurmond is Dead
snoid Offline

And I wasn't trying to single anyone out here, but that's how I feel about it. I see this alot people happy about the death of someone they hated or disagreed with..childish, and petty.
Oh and Matt, what the fuck is your problem? We all know you hate good comics, leave Ben alone, one of his stories has more soul and drive then anything youv'e sold in your store all year, I'd bet.

#516648 - 06/27/03 10:12 AM Re: Strom Thurmond is Dead
Dan Carroll Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL
Quote:
Originally posted by snoid:
Anyone that takes pleasure in the death of another person is an asshole. You can hate the man and his stand, but to take pleasure in his death makes you no better then what you hate. And for the record I thought Thurmond was a racist pig, who should have never been elected.

With respect, because I know you mean the best here, bullshit. The man was outright evil. If there's any justice in the universe, he's a slave on the devil's plantation as we speak. And if you think hating an individual person for who they are is the same as hating a race for what they are, you're deluding yourself.

The world is a better place without him than with him. And the fact that he's gone makes me very happy.

#516649 - 06/27/03 10:15 AM Re: Strom Thurmond is Dead
Steve Hogan Offline

Loc: Burlington, VT 05401
It used to scare the hell out of me when I'd hear audio of him speaking in the Senate. He sounded like Methuselah Bumpus, World's Oldest Hillbilly.

#516650 - 06/27/03 10:19 AM Re: Strom Thurmond is Dead
Matt Hawes Offline

Loc: Evansville, IN U.S.A.
Quote:
Originally posted by Ben T. Steckler:
...Just like I'm sure we'll all joke after your death, Mr. Hawes. As soon as the kegs are empty, and the confetti has settled.

Boy, Ben, you sure do get touchy when someone doesn't like your 'zine.

Now continue with your attacks on dead people. smile

COMICS UNLIMITED
654-B E. Diamond Avenue
Evansville, Indiana 47711
(812) 423-6952

www.comicsunlimited.biz

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >