Page 21 of 23 < 1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 >
Topic Options
#520981 - 09/20/03 07:53 AM Re: My era has passed.
Samuel Catalino Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by modernfear:
I sent it to the hotmail address listed in your comicon member profile. If that's not correct, or if you didn't get it (I know I have a *serious* spamblocker on my hotmail that only accepts email from people I've specifically listed), pop me a note at joey at moderntales.com and I'll set it to the correct address & send you a password.

Joey

www.moderntales.com[/URL][/QB][/QUOTE]

I tell you Joey, I get so much crap, so it is possible to have deleted it. I will pop you a note and thank you again.

#520982 - 09/20/03 08:01 AM Re: My era has passed.
Samuel Catalino Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by onemoment:

Dude.

You just don't get it. Go away.

Read Why I Hate Saturn.

I am not going away.

#520983 - 09/20/03 08:32 AM Re: My era has passed.
Jake.Hazelip Offline

Loc: Tallahassee, Fl, US of A
Quote:
Originally posted by Samuel Catalino:
I am not going away.
Could you at least shut the f*ck up, then? For a little while?

There are enough idiots in the Internet Choir Group, you won't be missed.

#520984 - 09/20/03 10:05 AM Re: My era has passed.
Shoegaze99 Offline

Loc: Not Applicable, USA
Quote:
I am not going away.

Then stand in the corner and shut your goddamn mouth.

#520985 - 09/20/03 12:11 PM Re: My era has passed.
ChrisW Online   content

Loc: Lincoln, Nebraska USA
Quote:
I am not going away.

What's the point of being on a comic book website if you don't read comics? If you're starting a 5-page thread about not reading comics or liking comics? If you're surrounded by people who like comics and talk about comics and read comics?

So is everybody else excited about Cerebus being able to count the remaining issues of his title on his fingers and still be able to flip people off? smile

"I think ChrisW is the funniest man in entertainment still alive..."
-- the perceptive Tom Spurgeon

#520986 - 09/21/03 10:34 AM Re: My era has passed.
Samuel Catalino Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Jake.Hazelip:
Could you at least shut the f*ck up, then? For a little while?

There are enough idiots in the Internet Choir Group, you won't be missed.

You are a member of a choir?

I am not.

#520987 - 09/21/03 10:36 AM Re: My era has passed.
Samuel Catalino Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisW:

What's the point of being on a comic book website if you don't read comics? If you're starting a 5-page thread about not reading comics or liking comics? If you're surrounded by people who like comics and talk about comics and read comics?

So is everybody else excited about Cerebus being able to count the remaining issues of his title on his fingers and still be able to flip people off? smile

Read the thread again.

I refer to not purchasing new comics, that does not preclude me from purchasing old comics or talking about old comics which I still love. Of course, you failed to read that part of my post.

Yes, I still read comics, just not the ones that are on the shelves of your local newsstand.

#520988 - 09/21/03 04:00 PM Re: My era has passed.
Norb Offline

Loc: San Francisco, CA
Quote:

Read the thread again.

I refer to not purchasing new comics, that does not preclude me from purchasing old comics or talking about old comics which I still love. Of course, you failed to read that part of my post.

You're devoting your time on Comicon to discussing classic comics? Delightful! Let's look at some of the threads you've recently started about those old comics you still love:

"Governor clashes with Senator Lieberman"
"Interesting decision about 9th circuit on recall"
"Democratic Presidential Debate"
"Erik Larsen's invalid criticism of other artists"
"Why is Savage Dragon not a big seller?"

And, of course, this thread. Funny, but I can't remember any old comics about the California recall election or Erik Larsen's critical faculties. Were these backup features in Amazing Fantasy or something?

In fact, I haven't seen any posts about old comics from you at all. You didn't weigh in on "Cancelled Superhero Books I Have Loved," "2005 DC Archives Survey," "Korvac Saga... Avengers used to be so fiesty," "Savage Sword of Conan," "What Golden Age Characters Should Marvel Revisit?", or even the classic goofy "Marvel vs. DC?" debate. According to your Comicon profile, your last five posts, as of this writing, were all to threads about Erik Larsen. None of your 50 most recent posts have been to threads about classic comics, except for the Neal Adams reprint thread, which you joined only to harass Larsen.

I'd love to see more discussion of old comics on these boards. Why don't you start some?

Norb: looking up old Comicon posts so you don't have to.

#520989 - 09/21/03 08:00 PM Re: My era has passed.
ChrisW Online   content

Loc: Lincoln, Nebraska USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Norb:
And, of course, this thread. Funny, but I can't remember any old comics about the California recall election or Erik Larsen's critical faculties. Were these backup features in Amazing Fantasy or something?

Actually Bustamonte was the villain in Detective #45, way back when. He became a supporting character in some of the JLA-JSA crossovers, but I didn't think he was handled too well.

And Schwartzenegger almost played Sgt. Rock. smile

"I think ChrisW is the funniest man in entertainment still alive..."
-- the perceptive Tom Spurgeon

#520990 - 09/22/03 09:19 AM Re: My era has passed.
Samuel Catalino Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Norb:

You're devoting your time on Comicon to discussing classic comics? Delightful! Let's look at some of the threads you've recently started about those old comics you still love:

Where did I say was devoting my time here to discuss classic comics?

Quote:

In fact, I haven't seen any posts about old comics from you at all. You didn't weigh in on "Cancelled Superhero Books I Have Loved," "2005 DC Archives Survey," "Korvac Saga... Avengers used to be so fiesty," "Savage Sword of Conan," "What Golden Age Characters Should Marvel Revisit?", or even the classic goofy "Marvel vs. DC?" debate. According to your Comicon profile, your last five posts, as of this writing, were all to threads about Erik Larsen. None of your 50 most recent posts have been to threads about classic comics, except for the Neal Adams reprint thread, which you joined only to harass Larsen.

I'd love to see more discussion of old comics on these boards. Why don't you start some?

Norb: looking up old Comicon posts so you don't have to.

See above answer.

Page 21 of 23 < 1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 >