Topic Options
#521957 - 09/09/03 08:57 PM Democratic Presidential Debate
Samuel Catalino Offline

Slow night on television so I watched a bit of this stuff...

Dean had one of the best lines when he was asked how he could connect with African American coming from a state that had less than half a percent of African Americans.

He quipped about if that was the (amount of African Americans in the state)criteria to deal with African Americans that Trent Lott would be like Martin Luther King.

The exact quote:
"If the percentage of minorities in your state has anything to do with how you connect with black voters, then Trent Lott would be Martin Luther King."

Lieberman just about accused Dean of Anti-Semitism with his lack of support for Israel.

Lots of interruptions in the debate from the audience, I only wish I could have heard what they were saying, it probably would have been more interesting than what the candidates were saying.

Lots of applause for Dean, the front runner.

Lots of hate for W...

It was interesting...

#521958 - 09/09/03 10:25 PM Re: Democratic Presidential Debate
Sock Puppet #9.5 Offline

If the Dem candidate roster for President doesn't change, Kerry has this one in a walk.

Dean has the early lead, but the bulk of the Dems will not let him pass.

#521959 - 09/10/03 10:53 AM Re: Democratic Presidential Debate
James Collins Offline

Loc: Toledo,OH
Dr Dean's going all the way! His 1st debate with "W" will be the last debate, he'll kick his ass up one side and down the other! Dean's got some of the best ideas in a long long time. He knows that Bush's tax cut is total bull-it helps to keep the rich RICHER. Please! "If we give the rich tax cuts then they'll want to invest". Right...Let the rich spend some of that money that they hoard! Yeah, I know that Bill Gates GIVES back quite a lot. Many more of the super-rich need to do this.
Take Our Country Back!
Dean's Gonna Kick Bush's Ass In '04
www.deanforamerica.com

#521960 - 09/10/03 11:01 AM Re: Democratic Presidential Debate
Samuel Catalino Offline

Supporters of Israel are not going like what Dean had to say last night.

I doubt he will get the nomination.