Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 ... 27 28 >
Topic Options
#521963 - 09/10/03 10:31 AM Governor clashes with Senator Lieberman
Samuel Catalino Offline

Well now we know how Dean really thinks of Israel and I can hear the comments now.

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2003/09/10/dean_and_lieberman_tangle_in_debate/

I wonder how long it will be before Governor Easybake goes down in the polls...

#521964 - 09/10/03 10:51 AM Re: Governor clashes with Senator Lieberman
QueenVolcano_dup1 Offline

I loathe Lieberman for reasons having nothing to do with Israel... his nasty whine of "look at me! Look how moral I am! I'm more moral than you are! Elect me and I'll make you all more moral!" The man is a serious danger to civil liberties. He's a greater fan of all-around censorship than a lot of Republicans. Any comic book reader who reads mature comics should be very wary of Lieberman. I hope he gets wiped out by Dean.

#521965 - 09/10/03 10:53 AM Re: Governor clashes with Senator Lieberman
Samuel Catalino Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by QueenVolcano:
I loathe Lieberman for reasons having nothing to do with Israel... his nasty whine of "look at me! Look how moral I am! I'm more moral than you are! Elect me and I'll make you all more moral!" The man is a serious danger to civil liberties. He's a greater fan of all-around censorship than a lot of Republicans. Any comic book reader who reads mature comics should be very wary of Lieberman. I hope he gets wiped out by Dean.

Sounds like you are practicing anti-semitism to me.

#521966 - 09/10/03 11:03 AM Re: Governor clashes with Senator Lieberman
Dan Carroll Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL
Quote:
Originally posted by Samuel Catalino:

Does this mean Lieberman can count on your vote in 2004, Sam?

#521967 - 09/10/03 11:17 AM Re: Governor clashes with Senator Lieberman
Samuel Catalino Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan Carroll:

Does this mean Lieberman can count on your vote in 2004, Sam?

No, but I don't hate him.

#521968 - 09/10/03 11:18 AM Re: Governor clashes with Senator Lieberman
Dan Carroll Offline

By your logic, Sam, it sounds to me like you just don't want a Jew in the White House.

#521969 - 09/10/03 11:23 AM Re: Governor clashes with Senator Lieberman
Freddy Wertham Jr Offline

Loc: Sydney, Australia
Quote:

How does criticizing the political views of a man who happens to be Jewish equate to anti-semitism. If I were to disagree with President Bush's Iraq policies, does that define me as anti-American?

For the record, I disagree with hhatlanta's opinion of Lieberman, but can hardly see how his comments could in any way be considered anti-semitic. My opinion of Lieberman is that he a highly principled and very capable man who over-reached on this occasion to score a political point.

An American government that is seen to be impartial by both sides in the conflict is the one that has the greatest chance of implementing a lasting peace in the region. Dean is right and it took guts to say so, knowing that he would be opening himself up to exactly this type of criticism.

#521970 - 09/10/03 11:31 AM Re: Governor clashes with Senator Lieberman
Samuel Catalino Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan Carroll:
By your logic, Sam, it sounds to me like you just don't want a Jew in the White House.

No, that does not bother me at all.

I like Senator Lieberman. smile

#521971 - 09/10/03 11:34 AM Re: Governor clashes with Senator Lieberman
Dan Carroll Offline

Quote:
No, that does not bother me at all.

Oh, then you'll be voting for him.

You see, if Hhatlanta hates him because of his policies, and that equals hating him because he's Jewish, then you not voting for him must mean you're not voting for him because he's Jewish.

Just working with your rules, Sam.

#521972 - 09/10/03 11:36 AM Re: Governor clashes with Senator Lieberman
Samuel Catalino Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Freddy Wertham Jr:

How does criticizing the political views of a man who happens to be Jewish equate to anti-semitism. If I were to disagree with President Bush's Iraq policies, does that define me as anti-American?

For the record, I disagree with hhatlanta's opinion of Lieberman, but can hardly see how his comments could in any way be considered anti-semitic. My opinion of Lieberman is that he a highly principled and very capable man who over-reached on this occasion to score a political point.

An American government that is seen to be impartial by both sides in the conflict is the one that has the greatest chance of implementing a lasting peace in the region. Dean is right and it took guts to say so, knowing that he would be opening himself up to exactly this type of criticism.

1) No, that just makes you Anti-Bush.
2) That is how Hitler got his start.
3) Neither side believes that the American government will be impartial, so it was naive for ex-Governor Easybake to say that.

Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 ... 27 28 >