Page 2 of 28 < 1 2 3 4 ... 27 28 >
Topic Options
#521973 - 09/10/03 11:38 AM Re: Governor clashes with Senator Lieberman
Samuel Catalino Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan Carroll:

Oh, then you'll be voting for him.

You see, if Hhatlanta hates him because of his policies, and that equals hating him because he's Jewish, then you not voting for him must mean you're not voting for him because he's Jewish.

Just working with your rules, Sam.

How do you know that I will not be voting for another Jewish candidate that is not running in the Democratic party? Or a write in candidate?

Are you saying that all Jews are Democrats?

Pretty big assumption on your part.

#521974 - 09/10/03 11:46 AM Re: Governor clashes with Senator Lieberman
Dan Carroll Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL
Quote:
Originally posted by Samuel Catalino:
How do you know that I will not be voting for another Jewish candidate that is not running in the Democratic party? Or a write in candidate?

Are you?

And should we assume from your comments here that one must vote for a Jewish person, or one is an anti-semite?

Quote:
Are you saying that all Jews are Democrats?

No. Only that there any no Jewish people other than Lieberman running for President.

Why is your disapproval of policy excused, and not Hhatlanta's?

Quote:
Pretty big assumption on your part.

Not really. There's only one Jewish person running for President this term. You've stated that opinion on policy equals prejudice against the religion. Since you are not voting for Lieberman, we can assume it is because you disapprove of his religion.

At least if we work with the terms you set down.

#521975 - 09/10/03 11:53 AM Re: Governor clashes with Senator Lieberman
Samuel Catalino Offline

Quote:

Not really. There's only one Jewish person running for President this term. You've stated that opinion on policy equals prejudice against the religion. Since you are not voting for Lieberman, we can assume it is because you disapprove of his religion.

At least if we work with the terms you set down.

Ever hear of write in votes? I did last time, and probably will this time too.

I have not stated anything,other than hatred for Lieberman sounded like anti-semitism to me.

#521976 - 09/10/03 12:01 PM Re: Governor clashes with Senator Lieberman
Dan Carroll Offline

Quote:
Ever hear of write in votes? I did last time, and probably will this time too.

No kidding? Will it be for a Jewish person? If it's not, by your own rules, you're an anti-semite.

Quote:
I have not stated anything,other than hatred for Lieberman sounded like anti-semitism to me.

Except that the poster gave her reasons for hating Lieberman, didn't she? Not one of them had to do with religion. You equated her hatred of his policy with hatred of Jews. If we accept this to be the case, your disapproval of policy is the same as disapproval of Jews.

Pretty simple, really.

If this isn't the case, what makes her an anti-semite but lets you off the hook? (Not a rhetorical question, Sam.)

#521977 - 09/10/03 12:04 PM Re: Governor clashes with Senator Lieberman
majorjoe23 Offline

My favorite line was from Al Sharpton:

"I would not act like a gang leader, like George Bush did, saying, `Let's get it on,' when I've got troops over there.'"

I think Bush said "Bring it on," not "Let's get it on," which has a whole other meaning.

Picturing Bush putting on Marvin Gaye before "invading" Iraq, if you know what I mean, makes me shudder.

#521978 - 09/10/03 12:43 PM Re: Governor clashes with Senator Lieberman
Samuel Catalino Offline

Quote:

Except that the poster gave her reasons for hating Lieberman, didn't she? Not one of them had to do with religion. You equated her hatred of his policy with hatred of Jews. If we accept this to be the case, your disapproval of policy is the same as disapproval of Jews.

Pretty simple, really.

If this isn't the case, what makes her an anti-semite but lets you off the hook? (Not a rhetorical question, Sam.)

The definition of Antisemitism:

"Hostility toward or prejudice against Jews or Judaism."

Sure looked like hostility to me. You are the one on the hook.

#521979 - 09/10/03 12:48 PM Re: Governor clashes with Senator Lieberman
ScooterDoom Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by majorjoe23:
My favorite line was from Al Sharpton:

"I would not act like a gang leader, like George Bush did, saying, `Let's get it on,' when I've got troops over there.'"

I think Bush said "Bring it on," not "Let's get it on," which has a whole other meaning.

Picturing Bush putting on Marvin Gaye before "invading" Iraq, if you know what I mean, makes me shudder.

Rev. Al is a disgrace and shouldn't even be there. Talk about a mess.

Yeah, he's a natural leader. Maybe he can Tawana Brawley smear some more feces on herself.

What a dick!

#521980 - 09/10/03 12:59 PM Re: Governor clashes with Senator Lieberman
Brent Grenier Offline

Sam,
You damn well know that Easybake is Jack's nickname for you. Considering you're a holocaust denier and you think a bunch just died from typhus, I think it's pretty damn stupid of you to be using the term "easybake" to describe anyone.

#521981 - 09/10/03 01:02 PM Re: Governor clashes with Senator Lieberman
Dan Carroll Offline

Using your own definition:

Quote:
"Hostility toward or prejudice against Jews or Judaism."

Jews, Sam. Not a Jew.

So where is this accusation of anti-semtism coming from?

#521982 - 09/10/03 01:26 PM Re: Governor clashes with Senator Lieberman
Matt Putnam-Pouliot Offline

Mr. Catalino,

I gather from your statements that you won't be supporting Al Sharpton's bid for the presidency.

Why do you hate black people?

Page 2 of 28 < 1 2 3 4 ... 27 28 >