Page 26 of 28 < 1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 >
Topic Options
#522213 - 09/17/03 04:54 PM Re: Governor clashes with Senator Lieberman
Samuel Catalino Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by jack:
You have to understand, Sam says whatever is convenient. He will first say one thing, then deny he said it, then argue with you (I know you are but what am I) then will come out and make a comment which abrogates the original comment he made that you are arguing with him for.

He makes trolling obsolete.

Nah, trolling shall not be obsolete while you are still on the internet.

#522214 - 09/17/03 04:58 PM Re: Governor clashes with Senator Lieberman
jack Offline

Loc: Just south of NYC
To pop sam's biggest bubble, here's what Dean really meant by his "soldiers" comment...

If Hamas terrorists are going to act like soldiers in a war by blowing up innocent civilians, then the Israeli army is going to treat them as military targets.

Anyone with a modicum of intelligence can see the metaphor he was spinning.

Of course, during the election, Sammy attributed a string of comments to Gore when they were actually said by Quayle, so Sammy tends to misinterperet things he reads, especially in the news.

It's almost like he's the Rush Limbaugh of Comicon.

#522215 - 09/17/03 05:12 PM Re: Governor clashes with Senator Lieberman
Samuel Catalino Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by jack:
To pop sam's biggest bubble, here's what Dean really meant by his "soldiers" comment...

If Hamas terrorists are going to act like soldiers in a war by blowing up innocent civilians, then the Israeli army is going to treat them as military targets.

Anyone with a modicum of intelligence can see the metaphor he was spinning.

Of course, during the election, Sammy attributed a string of comments to Gore when they were actually said by Quayle, so Sammy tends to misinterperet things he reads, especially in the news.

It's almost like he's the Rush Limbaugh of Comicon.

The thing about Gore is the only true thing you have posted in this go around.

I did mention that Gore could not identify many of the founding fathers though, which was true and proved how ignorant Gore was.

Again Dean's quote:
"I WILL SAY, HOWEVER, THERE IS A WAR GOING ON IN THE MIDDLE EAST, AND MEMBERS OF HAMAS ARE SOLDIERS IN THAT WAR.."

Yep, "soldiers" acting like homicide bombers going to Israel and blowing themselves up and killing innocent women and children.
There is no way I can not see that as an action of a soldier, perhaps you do, I don't.

No, you are more like Limbaugh than anyone here could be and your many sockpuppets are your dittoheads...

#522216 - 09/17/03 05:25 PM Re: Governor clashes with Senator Lieberman
majorjoe23 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Samuel Catalino:

By the way, it is ex-Governor Easybake, and he is called that for his comments about Hamas being soldiers and that makes him anti-semitic, because guess who Hamas 'soldiers' like to kill....you guessed it...Jews! And Ex-Governor Easybake does not have a problem with that.

Jack supports Ex-Governor Easybake, Jack says he is a Jew, but I guess it is all right for Hamas to terrorize the state of Israel, so what does that make Jack other than the name of Easybaked.

Of course, if you see a picture of Jack, you know what a troll looks like.

Politician's title's are usually carried for life out of respect for the office. When introduced, Clinton is "President Clinton," but for designation in print, he would be referred to as "Former President."

So Howard Dean still carries the title "Governor Dean," unless referring to him in that way causes confusion with the current Governor of Vermont, James Douglas.

#522217 - 09/17/03 06:02 PM Re: Governor clashes with Senator Lieberman
Matt Putnam-Pouliot Offline

Quote:

Again Dean's quote:
"I WILL SAY, HOWEVER, THERE IS A WAR GOING ON IN THE MIDDLE EAST, AND MEMBERS OF HAMAS ARE SOLDIERS IN THAT WAR.."

Yep, "soldiers" acting like homicide bombers going to Israel and blowing themselves up and killing innocent women and children.
There is no way I can not see that as an action of a soldier, perhaps you do, I don't.

To begin with, "soldier" has more than one meaning. Without pulling out my dictionary, I can think of three off the top of my head: a member of an army, someone trained with the skills of a soldier, or someone who works for a cause.

Of course, I think that's all beside the point. You can't see the forest for the trees. You're latching on to a fragment of Dean's quote, and missing the point of the whole thing. Do you disagree with the sentiment that Hamas members should suspect to become casualties if they're going to wage war? If so, feel free to explain why. If not, you're not contributing much to the conversation by attacking a fragment of the quote.

If someone asked you to summarize the themes of "Moby Dick", would you say, "Whales are white"?

#522218 - 09/17/03 07:04 PM Re: Governor clashes with Senator Lieberman
Samuel Catalino Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by majorjoe23:

Politician's title's are usually carried for life out of respect for the office. When introduced, Clinton is "President Clinton," but for designation in print, he would be referred to as "Former President."

So Howard Dean still carries the title "Governor Dean," unless referring to him in that way causes confusion with the current Governor of Vermont, James Douglas.

Come on now, do you really think that anyone really respects any politician? eek

#522219 - 09/17/03 07:07 PM Re: Governor clashes with Senator Lieberman
Samuel Catalino Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Matt Putnam-Pouliot:

To begin with, "soldier" has more than one meaning. Without pulling out my dictionary, I can think of three off the top of my head: a member of an army, someone trained with the skills of a soldier, or someone who works for a cause.

Of course, I think that's all beside the point. You can't see the forest for the trees. You're latching on to a fragment of Dean's quote, and missing the point of the whole thing. Do you disagree with the sentiment that Hamas members should suspect to become casualties if they're going to wage war? If so, feel free to explain why. If not, you're not contributing much to the conversation by attacking a fragment of the quote.

If someone asked you to summarize the themes of "Moby Dick", would you say, "Whales are white"?

A more appropriate definition would be terrorist because that is what they are.
I suppose you believe the nineteen (on September 11, 2001)that took over four planes and murdered over 3,000 civilians were soldiers too?
By that reckoning there is no distinction from soldier or terrorist, is that what you are saying?

Date corrected pointed out by Dan.

#522220 - 09/17/03 08:02 PM Re: Governor clashes with Senator Lieberman

Quote:

A more appropriate definition would be terrorist because that is what they are.
I suppose you believe the nineteen (on September 9, 2001)that took over four planes and murdered over 3,000 civilians were soldiers too?
By that reckoning there is no distinction from soldier or terrorist, is that what you are saying?

Sam, you're sounding like a broken record, and you're making me sound like one too, trying to make you look at this reasonably.

If it makes you happy - if by "soldier" you mean a career soldier (a member of an army or someone with the skills of a soldier), no I don't think the Sept. 11 hijackers were soldiers. If you mean "someone fighting for a cause", I think they could fall under that definition. I could say a Ku Klux Klan member is a soldier in the fight for white supremacy without meaning they're a career soldier or condoning their cause or tactics.

Maybe you're upset because you think "soldier" implies some moral acceptance. If so, would you argue that members of the German army in WWII were not soldiers?

Let me ask you this, Sam: What about Allied combatants that targetted civilian populations in WWII (Dresden, Hiroshima, etc...) in order to demoralize their foes, speed up victory and reduce casualties in their military ranks? Were they not soldiers? (And before you say it, I'm not equating those soldiers with the Sept. 11 terrorists, I'm just trying to show that soldiers are capable of doing some terrible things).

#522221 - 09/17/03 08:27 PM Re: Governor clashes with Senator Lieberman

And I see you still decide to ignore the larger meaning of that quote.

#522222 - 09/17/03 09:19 PM Re: Governor clashes with Senator Lieberman
Dan Carroll Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL
Quote:
I suppose you believe the nineteen (on September 9, 2001)that took over four planes and murdered over 3,000 civilians were soldiers too?

I think you mean September 11th, Sam.

Page 26 of 28 < 1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 >