Page 3 of 28 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 27 28 >
Topic Options
#521983 - 09/10/03 01:37 PM Re: Governor clashes with Senator Lieberman
QueenVolcano_dup1 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by QueenVolcano:
I loathe Lieberman for reasons having nothing to do with Israel... his nasty whine of "look at me! Look how moral I am! I'm more moral than you are! Elect me and I'll make you all more moral!" The man is a serious danger to civil liberties. He's a greater fan of all-around censorship than a lot of Republicans. Any comic book reader who reads mature comics should be very wary of Lieberman. I hope he gets wiped out by Dean.

Above is my so-called "anti-semitic" post. I wonder what percentage of the many American Jewish crusaders for civil liberties share my fear and dislike for Lieberman. How about... ALL OF THEM!

Read this article where the B'nai B'rith lodged a formal protest against Leiberman in the previous election.

http://archive.aclu.org/news/2000/w083000b.html

Guess they must be anti-semites too.

#521984 - 09/10/03 01:37 PM Re: Governor clashes with Senator Lieberman
Samuel Catalino Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by majorjoe23:
My favorite line was from Al Sharpton:

"I would not act like a gang leader, like George Bush did, saying, `Let's get it on,' when I've got troops over there.'"

I think Bush said "Bring it on," not "Let's get it on," which has a whole other meaning.

Picturing Bush putting on Marvin Gaye before "invading" Iraq, if you know what I mean, makes me shudder.

That did not get as many laughs as Dean's comment about Trent Lott.

#521985 - 09/10/03 01:38 PM Re: Governor clashes with Senator Lieberman
Rob Fernandez Offline

Loc: Tampa FL USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Brent Grenier:
Sam,
You damn well know that Easybake is Jack's nickname for you. Considering you're a holocaust denier and you think a bunch just died from typhus, I think it's pretty damn stupid of you to be using the term "easybake" to describe anyone.

Yeah, we're really venturing into Bizarro territory here. I wonder what Sam's reasoning is here. Perhaps he thinks we'll stop calling him Easybake if he gets everyone to call someone else that. It reminds me of the oft repeated scene from middle school, where the kid everyone picks on starts picking on the new kid to deflect the insults and pranks onto someone else.

How sad, Li'l Easybake, how sad.

#521986 - 09/10/03 01:39 PM Re: Governor clashes with Senator Lieberman
Samuel Catalino Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan Carroll:
Using your own definition:

Jews, Sam. Not a Jew.

So where is this accusation of anti-semtism coming from?

It was not my definition.

By your reasoning one can hate or despise one Jew and that is not anti-semitism? Incredible.
You have lost.

#521987 - 09/10/03 01:41 PM Re: Governor clashes with Senator Lieberman
Samuel Catalino Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Brent Grenier:
Sam,
You damn well know that Easybake is Jack's nickname for you. Considering you're a holocaust denier and you think a bunch just died from typhus, I think it's pretty damn stupid of you to be using the term "easybake" to describe anyone.

You can think anything you want.

Governor Easybake of Vermont he is.

#521988 - 09/10/03 01:44 PM Re: Governor clashes with Senator Lieberman
madget Offline

Wow.

K

#521989 - 09/10/03 01:45 PM Re: Governor clashes with Senator Lieberman
Samuel Catalino Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by QueenVolcano:

Above is my so-called "anti-semitic" post. I wonder what percentage of the many American Jewish crusaders for civil liberties share my fear and dislike for Lieberman. How about... ALL OF THEM!

Read this article where the B'nai B'rith lodged a formal protest against Leiberman in the previous election.

http://archive.aclu.org/news/2000/w083000b.html

Guess they must be anti-semites too.

Where did they say that they loathed Lieberman?

You were sounding with the anti-semitism.

#521990 - 09/10/03 01:49 PM Re: Governor clashes with Senator Lieberman
Dan Carroll Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL
Quote:
Originally posted by Samuel Catalino:
You have lost.

Well I guess that shows me. :rolleyes:

But since I'm really, excessively stupid and don't get why I've lost, do you think you could explain how your prejudice is different from her hostility, and how hatred of a Jewish person is the same as hatred of all Jews?

#521991 - 09/10/03 01:50 PM Re: Governor clashes with Senator Lieberman
Samuel Catalino Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Matt Putnam-Pouliot:
Mr. Catalino,

I gather from your statements that you won't be supporting Al Sharpton's bid for the presidency.

Why do you hate black people?

I never said who I supported.

Why do you hate Jews?

#521992 - 09/10/03 01:53 PM Re: Governor clashes with Senator Lieberman
QueenVolcano_dup1 Offline

http://dir.salon.com/politics/feature/2000/09/05/lieberman/index.html

Title: "Why Jews Hate Lieberman's God Talk"

That's my last word on this, as I'm sure Mr. Catalino will not bother reading it, and does not seem to understand the relatively simple concept of criticizing political figures based on the way their policies could affect the lives of ordinary citizens.

Page 3 of 28 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 27 28 >