Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#523489 - 10/07/03 12:52 PM "DON'T BUY CROSSGEN BOOKS" says cheated freelancer
ericomaraltice Offline

Could this be the beginning of an industry-wide boycott? In this Newsarama thread:
http://newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=137202#post137202

cheated freelancer Chuck Gibson posted "We are now a full 5 days past the 'deadline' Alessi gave himself publicly to get the freelancers who are owed money paid. I placed 2 calls today to Crossgen to inquire about the status of payment. In one call I was told "I don't know"--the other, I was transferred to the voice mail of CFO Brett Sears, who did not return my call. According to the person I spoke with the first time around NO CHECKS HAD BEEN CUT despite Alessi's assurance to fans and freelancers that everyone would be paid by October 1st.

If you respect the creators who create your entertainment, at this point I'd urge you---DON'T BUY CROSSGEN BOOKS. They haven't paid for some of that material to be able to sell it to YOU.

best
chuck gibson"

Gee, where are all the scum who assured us that Crossgen would keep their promises if only we stopped questioning them? Are the filth who gloat about how much they're enjoying El Cazador able to look at themselves in the mirror after the souless depths of CrossGen's lies have finally been revealed? There sure were a lot of folks telling me that the "October 1st" deadline was going to be adhered to
about a month ago - where are they now?

I propose a Nuremberg-type search for exactly who these Crossgen supporters were, now that they've gone crawling back into their holes. At least a list of their screen names, so that they can be branded for the craven apologists they are. I will begin working on such a list later today, but the "Broken Frontier" crowd gets a special award for their treatment of Robin Riggs, his wife, and others who tried to engage them in a discussion of why Crossgen was in the wrong. What a pack of hateful scavengers.

#523490 - 10/07/03 01:09 PM Re: "DON'T BUY CROSSGEN BOOKS" says cheated freelancer
Trevor Giberson Offline

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
Quote:
Originally posted by ericomaraltice:
I propose a Nuremberg-type search for exactly who these Crossgen supporters were, now that they've gone crawling back into their holes. At least a list of their screen names, so that they can be branded for the craven apologists they are. I will begin working on such a list later today, but the "Broken Frontier" crowd gets a special award for their treatment of Robin Riggs, his wife, and others who tried to engage them in a discussion of why Crossgen was in the wrong. What a pack of hateful scavengers.

Holy crap, dude! Obsessive much?
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to he man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows the triumph of high achievement; and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
- Theodore Roosevelt

"There is a level of cowardice lower than that of the conformist: the fashionable non-conformist."
- Ayn Rand

#523491 - 10/07/03 01:09 PM Re: "DON'T BUY CROSSGEN BOOKS" says cheated freelancer
Dan Carroll Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL
Quote:
Originally posted by ericomaraltice:
I propose a Nuremberg-type search for exactly who these Crossgen supporters were, now that they've gone crawling back into their holes.

The parallels to post-war Germany are indeed frightening.

Except... y'know, in fairness, less than 11 million people were killed. To my knowledge, (and of course, the final body count isn't complete,) Alessi's killed maybe 2 million, tops.

I hope you find the sub-human filth that aided and abetted Alessi's campaign of horror and genocide, Omar. These scumbags have to know there's nowhere to hide.

#523492 - 10/07/03 01:12 PM Re: "DON'T BUY CROSSGEN BOOKS" says cheated freelancer
Samuel Catalino Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan Carroll:

The parallels to post-war Germany are indeed frightening.

Except... y'know, in fairness, less than 11 million people were killed. To my knowledge, (and of course, the final body count isn't complete,) Alessi's killed maybe 2 million, tops.

I hope you find the sub-human filth that aided and abetted Alessi's campaign of horror and genocide, Omar. These scumbags have to know there's nowhere to hide.

Might makes right, which is why there were no war crimes for the bombing of Dresden.

He who has the guns or/and the gold makes the rules.

#523493 - 10/07/03 01:24 PM Re: "DON'T BUY CROSSGEN BOOKS" says cheated freelancer
IrritatedFan Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Trevor Giberson:

Holy crap, dude! Obsessive much?

If you have to ask, you haven't been here long enough.

#523494 - 10/07/03 01:32 PM Re: "DON'T BUY CROSSGEN BOOKS" says cheated freelancer
Dan Carroll Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL
Quote:
Originally posted by Samuel Catalino:
Might makes right, which is why there were no war crimes for the bombing of Dresden.

Don't worry, Sam. We all know Omar is mighty.

#523495 - 10/07/03 01:35 PM Re: "DON'T BUY CROSSGEN BOOKS" says cheated freelancer
Brent Grenier Offline

Posted by Chuck Gibson on Oct. 7th at 3:19 am in the AOL/Crossgen thread:

Quote:
After calming down and thinking about it a bit more, I did decide you're right about one thing. A boycott isn't going to help the situation for anyone. I take it back. Buy CGE books all you want. It can only help and as pissed off as I am about my treatment by them, the industry needs all the companies it can get.

Posted by Chuck Gibson at 4:11 am in the Newsarama link:

Quote:
As for the boycott thing---ok, I was pissed, whattaya want?

Fuck off, Omar.

#523496 - 10/07/03 03:54 PM Re: "DON'T BUY CROSSGEN BOOKS" says cheated freelancer
Kevin T. Brown Offline

Loc: Chicagoland
As much as I hate defending Omar, here is a reply Chuck posted to Omar, including Omar's comments:
Quote:
---------------------------------------
Originally posted by OMAR
It's amazing to me that some people only care about getting their comics and have no concern for the artists who are used and abused by some crooked companies. Shame on anyone who would post a favorable response to a Crossgen article, on any subject, while telling Chuck to shut up and take being screwed over by a laughing millionare.
----------------------------------------------

WOW! I don't know if you've heard some of the things I've heard from people in the industry or you're just a sympathetic person watching all of this go down, but did you just pull thoughts from my mind??

that was like some jedi mind trick or something, I swear!

best
chuck

Why can't people with closed minds come with closed mouths?

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

#523497 - 10/07/03 04:47 PM Re: "DON'T BUY CROSSGEN BOOKS" says cheated freelancer
Brent Grenier Offline

yes, but I'm fairly certain that Chuck wouldn't appreciate his comments being used as a start to a "Nuremberg-type search" for so-called CGE supporters no matter how empathic OMAR is.

#523498 - 10/07/03 06:04 PM Re: "DON'T BUY CROSSGEN BOOKS" says cheated freelancer
Samuel Catalino Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Brent Grenier:
yes, but I'm fairly certain that Chuck wouldn't appreciate his comments being used as a start to a "Nuremberg-type search" for so-called CGE supporters no matter how empathic OMAR is.

Come on Brent, that SOP here at Comicon.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >