Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#523499 - 10/07/03 06:19 PM Re: "DON'T BUY CROSSGEN BOOKS" says cheated freelancer
Korvac Offline

Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Whatever problems Crossgen is experiencing, I think you'd be hard pressed to find any freelancers happy over the collapse of a paying market. If Crossgen collapses those are paying gigs that are gone, probably not to return. - There are only so many jobs to go around and reducing their total number is certainly not in the interest of any comics professional.

Crossgen should of course, live up to its commitments, and should be called on it if they don't. That said, Omar's pathological hatred for Crossgen, expressed in overwrought Nazi comparisons and gloating prayers for their downfall is a little mystifying: why would anyone who claims to have the best interests of freelancers at heart pray for the destruction of hundreds of paying comics jobs?

#523500 - 10/07/03 06:45 PM Re: "DON'T BUY CROSSGEN BOOKS" says cheated freelancer
jack Offline

Loc: Just south of NYC
Sam hosts a Crossgen Forum at ORCA, by the way.

#523501 - 10/07/03 07:07 PM Re: "DON'T BUY CROSSGEN BOOKS" says cheated freelancer
cincinnatus Offline

Loc: Cincinnati
Quote:
Originally posted by jack:
Sam hosts a Crossgen Forum at ORCA, by the way.

I thought he didn't read new comics.

Jake

#523502 - 10/07/03 07:19 PM Re: "DON'T BUY CROSSGEN BOOKS" says cheated freelancer
jack Offline

Loc: Just south of NYC
He says a lot of things that don't mean anything.

#523503 - 10/07/03 07:59 PM Re: "DON'T BUY CROSSGEN BOOKS" says cheated freelancer
Brent Grenier Offline

I keep trying to imagine Omar's obsessiveness if he was there duing the bust up of companies in the late 80s to mid 90s.

He would've gone insane from the number of companies he'd have to boycott.

#523504 - 10/07/03 08:16 PM Re: "DON'T BUY CROSSGEN BOOKS" says cheated freelancer
Mark Allen Offline

Loc: Northwestern Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan Carroll:

Don't worry, Sam. We all know Omar is mighty.

Mighty...

...obsessed...bitter...silly...happy for the attention...

A YouTube page! That's..., something.
Four Color Commentary

#523505 - 10/07/03 10:48 PM Re: "DON'T BUY CROSSGEN BOOKS" says cheated freelancer
ericomaraltice Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Korvac:
Whatever problems Crossgen is experiencing, I think you'd be hard pressed to find any freelancers happy over the collapse of a paying market. If Crossgen collapses those are paying gigs that are gone, probably not to return. - There are only so many jobs to go around and reducing their total number is certainly not in the interest of any comics professional.

Crossgen should of course, live up to its commitments, and should be called on it if they don't. That said, Omar's pathological hatred for Crossgen, expressed in overwrought Nazi comparisons and gloating prayers for their downfall is a little mystifying: why would anyone who claims to have the best interests of freelancers at heart pray for the destruction of hundreds of paying comics jobs?

Because the jobs don't actually pay?

#523506 - 10/07/03 10:52 PM Re: "DON'T BUY CROSSGEN BOOKS" says cheated freelancer
ericomaraltice Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Brent Grenier:
I keep trying to imagine Omar's obsessiveness if he was there duing the bust up of companies in the late 80s to mid 90s.

He would've gone insane from the number of companies he'd have to boycott.

I was there.

I've never bought a Crossgen book, even when they had a money-back garentee, so any "boycott" by me would be meaningless.

#523507 - 10/07/03 10:54 PM Re: "DON'T BUY CROSSGEN BOOKS" says cheated freelancer
ericomaraltice Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by KTB:
As much as I hate defending Omar, here is a reply Chuck posted to Omar, including Omar's comments:

Thank you Kevin but Brent is more concerned with his name appearing on The List than he is with the truth.

#523508 - 10/08/03 12:22 AM Re: "DON'T BUY CROSSGEN BOOKS" says cheated freelancer
Rich Koller Offline

Loc: Between the moon and Jersey Ci...
Hey Korvac, where's that Tucker Carlson quote from, if I may ask?

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >