Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#523509 - 10/08/03 08:21 AM Re: "DON'T BUY CROSSGEN BOOKS" says cheated freelancer
Brent Grenier Offline

Fuck Off, Omar.

First, I've never bought a Crossgen book. I've never been a supporter of Crossgen. This whole thing just proves that my instincts right that they weren't going to last. Egotism is not the first step to running a comic book company.

Second, I feel greatly for the freelancers and am completely disappointed in the way CGE and treated them. It sucks. However, I'm sure the freelancers would rather have CGE succeed so they can possibly GET MONEY FROM THEM. It's more likely to happen than for some obsessive piece of shit to start a "Nuremburg-type list." It's doubtful they'll see any money, but they'd probably rather have the chance to see it than no chance of it at all.

Third, you're playing favorites. If you're so concerned about these freelancers, how come you said nothing when Avatar screwed over one of their freelnacers? Where were you when other companies who were much like Crossgen screwed over their freelancers? You certainly can't use the "I wasn't online" excuse because the Avatar debacle was played out online.

Fuck off, Omar.

I have no problem with the freelancers nor with them making their problems public. It's you I have a problem with. Your obsessive fixation and compulsive need to post every little negative thing you can find about Crossgen. You're a jerk. I'd really like to know what Mark Alessi did to you as a child to make you this pissed off.

You're a sad and obseessive loser, Omar. Go ahead and put me on your fucking supid crappy Crossgen list. The people who know me know that your list means shit. It will be hysterical.

Let me tell you something, Omar. When I found out what Avatar had done to Pat Quinn, I decided right then that I would not get one Avatar book until they did right by him. So, despite work from the company by Warren Ellis, Garth Ennis and Alan Moore, I still have not bought one Avatar book.

Since I found out about this Crossgen situation, I have decided that I would not buy one Crossgen book until they did right by the freelancers. I'm happy to say that I still have not bought one Crossgen book. Yes, I realize the hypocrisy of what I wrote above with this statement about how the freelancers are more likely to get money if CGE succeeds. They'll have to do it without my help.

One more thing...

Fuck off, Omar.

#523510 - 10/08/03 08:24 AM Re: "DON'T BUY CROSSGEN BOOKS" says cheated freelancer
Samuel Catalino Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Brent Grenier:
Fuck Off, Omar.

First, I've never bought a Crossgen book. I've never been a supporter of Crossgen. This whole thing just proves that my instincts right that they weren't going to last. Egotism is not the first step to running a comic book company.

Second, I feel greatly for the freelancers and am completely disappointed in the way CGE and treated them. It sucks. However, I'm sure the freelancers would rather have CGE succeed so they can possibly GET MONEY FROM THEM. It's more likely to happen than for some obsessive piece of shit to start a "Nuremburg-type list." It's doubtful they'll see any money, but they'd probably rather have the chance to see it than no chance of it at all.

Third, you're playing favorites. If you're so concerned about these freelancers, how come you said nothing when Avatar screwed over one of their freelnacers? Where were you when other companies who were much like Crossgen screwed over their freelancers? You certainly can't use the "I wasn't online" excuse because the Avatar debacle was played out online.

Fuck off, Omar.

I have no problem with the freelancers nor with them making their problems public. It's you I have a problem with. Your obsessive fixation and compulsive need to post every little negative thing you can find about Crossgen. You're a jerk. I'd really like to know what Mark Alessi did to you as a child to make you this pissed off.

You're a sad and obseessive loser, Omar. Go ahead and put me on your fucking supid crappy Crossgen list. The people who know me know that your list means shit. It will be hysterical.

Let me tell you something, Omar. When I found out what Avatar had done to Pat Quinn, I decided right then that I would not get one Avatar book until they did right by him. So, despite work from the company by Warren Ellis, Garth Ennis and Alan Moore, I still have not bought one Avatar book.

Since I found out about this Crossgen situation, I have decided that I would not buy one Crossgen book until they did right by the freelancers. I'm happy to say that I still have not bought one Crossgen book. Yes, I realize the hypocrisy of what I wrote above with this statement about how the freelancers are more likely to get money if CGE succeeds. They'll have to do it without my help.

One more thing...

Fuck off, Omar.

Don't hold back Brent.

Tell us how you really feel about Omar.
laugh

#523511 - 10/08/03 11:16 AM Re: "DON'T BUY CROSSGEN BOOKS" says cheated freelancer
Mark Allen Offline

Loc: Northwestern Oklahoma
Quote:
This whole thing just proves that my instincts right that they weren't going to last.

It may be the end of Crossgen AS WE KNOW IT, but it's not necessarily the end of Crossgen.

A YouTube page! That's..., something.
Four Color Commentary

#523512 - 10/08/03 12:14 PM Re: "DON'T BUY CROSSGEN BOOKS" says cheated freelancer
Samuel Catalino Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Allen:

It may be the end of Crossgen AS WE KNOW IT, but it's not necessarily the end of Crossgen.

You really never know, if Marvel can come out of bankruptcy (which to the best of my knowledge I don't think CGE has declared that yet), it may NOT be the end of CGE as you know it.

#523513 - 10/08/03 12:17 PM Re: "DON'T BUY CROSSGEN BOOKS" says cheated freelancer
Korvac Offline

Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
>>>Hey Korvac, where's that Tucker Carlson quote from, if I may ask? <<<

It's from an interview he did at salon.com promoting his new book - just search Tucker Carlson at Salon, it should be the first thing to pop up.

#523514 - 10/08/03 12:56 PM Re: "DON'T BUY CROSSGEN BOOKS" says cheated freelancer
Ben T. Steckler Offline

Loc: York, PA, USA
CrossGen still has room left on their rope.

They haven't hired Jim Shooter yet, have they?

#523515 - 10/08/03 04:03 PM Re: "DON'T BUY CROSSGEN BOOKS" says cheated freelancer
Notomar Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ericomaraltice:

Thank you Kevin but Brent is more concerned with his name appearing on The List than he is with the truth.

Your attempts at sarcasm, much like your attempts to not be the fattest fuck in the already fat-fuck-filled comic book fandom, have failed you yet again.

#523516 - 10/08/03 04:37 PM Re: "DON'T BUY CROSSGEN BOOKS" says cheated freelancer
Rich Koller Offline

Loc: Between the moon and Jersey Ci...
Quote:
Originally posted by Korvac:
>>>Hey Korvac, where's that Tucker Carlson quote from, if I may ask? <<<

It's from an interview he did at salon.com promoting his new book - just search Tucker Carlson at Salon, it should be the first thing to pop up.

Thanks.

#523517 - 10/08/03 04:52 PM Re: "DON'T BUY CROSSGEN BOOKS" says cheated freelancer
metron Offline

I don't intend to boycott Crossgen, while at the same time I understand the anger of those creative personnel who've been shafted by Alessi and Crossgen. I didn't boycott DC or Marvel or Archie, either, even though the above companies have a little bit of history of shafting their talent. Crossgen is teetering on the edge of the abyss, here, and a boycott would probably put them out of business, helping no one. I do hope that Mr. Alessi starts to keep his publicly announced word and pays his freelancers. I mean, if I didn't get paid for my work on time, I'd be up a creek. To my way of thinking, the creative personnel should be the first ones in line for payment. cool

#523518 - 10/09/03 06:08 PM Re: "DON'T BUY CROSSGEN BOOKS" says cheated freelancer
chuck gibson Offline

Quote:
yes, but I'm fairly certain that Chuck wouldn't appreciate his comments being used as a start to a "Nuremberg-type search" for so-called CGE supporters no matter how empathic OMAR is.

You're absolutely right, Brent. I'm no fan of Mark Alessi and I don't think that's any kind of secret at this point, but the man's hardly in the category of evil that Adolf Hitler was.

Thanks for the support to everyone, but maybe the comparison to Nazi Germany is a BIT much. smile

best
chuck

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >