Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#523489 - 10/07/03 12:52 PM "DON'T BUY CROSSGEN BOOKS" says cheated freelancer
ericomaraltice Offline

Could this be the beginning of an industry-wide boycott? In this Newsarama thread:
http://newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=137202#post137202

cheated freelancer Chuck Gibson posted "We are now a full 5 days past the 'deadline' Alessi gave himself publicly to get the freelancers who are owed money paid. I placed 2 calls today to Crossgen to inquire about the status of payment. In one call I was told "I don't know"--the other, I was transferred to the voice mail of CFO Brett Sears, who did not return my call. According to the person I spoke with the first time around NO CHECKS HAD BEEN CUT despite Alessi's assurance to fans and freelancers that everyone would be paid by October 1st.

If you respect the creators who create your entertainment, at this point I'd urge you---DON'T BUY CROSSGEN BOOKS. They haven't paid for some of that material to be able to sell it to YOU.

best
chuck gibson"

Gee, where are all the scum who assured us that Crossgen would keep their promises if only we stopped questioning them? Are the filth who gloat about how much they're enjoying El Cazador able to look at themselves in the mirror after the souless depths of CrossGen's lies have finally been revealed? There sure were a lot of folks telling me that the "October 1st" deadline was going to be adhered to
about a month ago - where are they now?

I propose a Nuremberg-type search for exactly who these Crossgen supporters were, now that they've gone crawling back into their holes. At least a list of their screen names, so that they can be branded for the craven apologists they are. I will begin working on such a list later today, but the "Broken Frontier" crowd gets a special award for their treatment of Robin Riggs, his wife, and others who tried to engage them in a discussion of why Crossgen was in the wrong. What a pack of hateful scavengers.

#523490 - 10/07/03 01:09 PM Re: "DON'T BUY CROSSGEN BOOKS" says cheated freelancer
Trevor Giberson Offline

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
Quote:
Originally posted by ericomaraltice:
I propose a Nuremberg-type search for exactly who these Crossgen supporters were, now that they've gone crawling back into their holes. At least a list of their screen names, so that they can be branded for the craven apologists they are. I will begin working on such a list later today, but the "Broken Frontier" crowd gets a special award for their treatment of Robin Riggs, his wife, and others who tried to engage them in a discussion of why Crossgen was in the wrong. What a pack of hateful scavengers.

Holy crap, dude! Obsessive much?
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to he man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows the triumph of high achievement; and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
- Theodore Roosevelt

"There is a level of cowardice lower than that of the conformist: the fashionable non-conformist."
- Ayn Rand

#523491 - 10/07/03 01:09 PM Re: "DON'T BUY CROSSGEN BOOKS" says cheated freelancer
Dan Carroll Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL
Quote:
I propose a Nuremberg-type search for exactly who these Crossgen supporters were, now that they've gone crawling back into their holes.

The parallels to post-war Germany are indeed frightening.

Except... y'know, in fairness, less than 11 million people were killed. To my knowledge, (and of course, the final body count isn't complete,) Alessi's killed maybe 2 million, tops.

I hope you find the sub-human filth that aided and abetted Alessi's campaign of horror and genocide, Omar. These scumbags have to know there's nowhere to hide.

#523492 - 10/07/03 01:12 PM Re: "DON'T BUY CROSSGEN BOOKS" says cheated freelancer
Samuel Catalino Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan Carroll:

The parallels to post-war Germany are indeed frightening.

Except... y'know, in fairness, less than 11 million people were killed. To my knowledge, (and of course, the final body count isn't complete,) Alessi's killed maybe 2 million, tops.

I hope you find the sub-human filth that aided and abetted Alessi's campaign of horror and genocide, Omar. These scumbags have to know there's nowhere to hide.

Might makes right, which is why there were no war crimes for the bombing of Dresden.

He who has the guns or/and the gold makes the rules.

#523493 - 10/07/03 01:24 PM Re: "DON'T BUY CROSSGEN BOOKS" says cheated freelancer
IrritatedFan Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Trevor Giberson:

Holy crap, dude! Obsessive much?

If you have to ask, you haven't been here long enough.

#523494 - 10/07/03 01:32 PM Re: "DON'T BUY CROSSGEN BOOKS" says cheated freelancer
Dan Carroll Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL
Quote:
Originally posted by Samuel Catalino:
Might makes right, which is why there were no war crimes for the bombing of Dresden.

Don't worry, Sam. We all know Omar is mighty.

#523495 - 10/07/03 01:35 PM Re: "DON'T BUY CROSSGEN BOOKS" says cheated freelancer
Brent Grenier Offline

Posted by Chuck Gibson on Oct. 7th at 3:19 am in the AOL/Crossgen thread:

Quote:
After calming down and thinking about it a bit more, I did decide you're right about one thing. A boycott isn't going to help the situation for anyone. I take it back. Buy CGE books all you want. It can only help and as pissed off as I am about my treatment by them, the industry needs all the companies it can get.

Posted by Chuck Gibson at 4:11 am in the Newsarama link:

Quote:
As for the boycott thing---ok, I was pissed, whattaya want?

Fuck off, Omar.

#523496 - 10/07/03 03:54 PM Re: "DON'T BUY CROSSGEN BOOKS" says cheated freelancer
Kevin T. Brown Offline

Loc: Chicagoland
As much as I hate defending Omar, here is a reply Chuck posted to Omar, including Omar's comments:
Quote:
---------------------------------------
Originally posted by OMAR
It's amazing to me that some people only care about getting their comics and have no concern for the artists who are used and abused by some crooked companies. Shame on anyone who would post a favorable response to a Crossgen article, on any subject, while telling Chuck to shut up and take being screwed over by a laughing millionare.
----------------------------------------------

WOW! I don't know if you've heard some of the things I've heard from people in the industry or you're just a sympathetic person watching all of this go down, but did you just pull thoughts from my mind??

that was like some jedi mind trick or something, I swear!

best
chuck

Why can't people with closed minds come with closed mouths?

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

#523497 - 10/07/03 04:47 PM Re: "DON'T BUY CROSSGEN BOOKS" says cheated freelancer
Brent Grenier Offline

yes, but I'm fairly certain that Chuck wouldn't appreciate his comments being used as a start to a "Nuremberg-type search" for so-called CGE supporters no matter how empathic OMAR is.

#523498 - 10/07/03 06:04 PM Re: "DON'T BUY CROSSGEN BOOKS" says cheated freelancer
Samuel Catalino Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Brent Grenier:
yes, but I'm fairly certain that Chuck wouldn't appreciate his comments being used as a start to a "Nuremberg-type search" for so-called CGE supporters no matter how empathic OMAR is.

Come on Brent, that SOP here at Comicon.

#523499 - 10/07/03 06:19 PM Re: "DON'T BUY CROSSGEN BOOKS" says cheated freelancer
Korvac Offline

Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Whatever problems Crossgen is experiencing, I think you'd be hard pressed to find any freelancers happy over the collapse of a paying market. If Crossgen collapses those are paying gigs that are gone, probably not to return. - There are only so many jobs to go around and reducing their total number is certainly not in the interest of any comics professional.

Crossgen should of course, live up to its commitments, and should be called on it if they don't. That said, Omar's pathological hatred for Crossgen, expressed in overwrought Nazi comparisons and gloating prayers for their downfall is a little mystifying: why would anyone who claims to have the best interests of freelancers at heart pray for the destruction of hundreds of paying comics jobs?

#523500 - 10/07/03 06:45 PM Re: "DON'T BUY CROSSGEN BOOKS" says cheated freelancer
jack Offline

Loc: Just south of NYC
Sam hosts a Crossgen Forum at ORCA, by the way.

#523501 - 10/07/03 07:07 PM Re: "DON'T BUY CROSSGEN BOOKS" says cheated freelancer
cincinnatus Offline

Loc: Cincinnati
Quote:
Originally posted by jack:

I thought he didn't read new comics.

Jake

#523502 - 10/07/03 07:19 PM Re: "DON'T BUY CROSSGEN BOOKS" says cheated freelancer
jack Offline

Loc: Just south of NYC
He says a lot of things that don't mean anything.

#523503 - 10/07/03 07:59 PM Re: "DON'T BUY CROSSGEN BOOKS" says cheated freelancer
Brent Grenier Offline

I keep trying to imagine Omar's obsessiveness if he was there duing the bust up of companies in the late 80s to mid 90s.

He would've gone insane from the number of companies he'd have to boycott.

#523504 - 10/07/03 08:16 PM Re: "DON'T BUY CROSSGEN BOOKS" says cheated freelancer
Mark Allen Offline

Loc: Northwestern Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan Carroll:

Don't worry, Sam. We all know Omar is mighty.

Mighty...

...obsessed...bitter...silly...happy for the attention...

A YouTube page! That's..., something.
Four Color Commentary

#523505 - 10/07/03 10:48 PM Re: "DON'T BUY CROSSGEN BOOKS" says cheated freelancer
ericomaraltice Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Korvac:
Whatever problems Crossgen is experiencing, I think you'd be hard pressed to find any freelancers happy over the collapse of a paying market. If Crossgen collapses those are paying gigs that are gone, probably not to return. - There are only so many jobs to go around and reducing their total number is certainly not in the interest of any comics professional.

Crossgen should of course, live up to its commitments, and should be called on it if they don't. That said, Omar's pathological hatred for Crossgen, expressed in overwrought Nazi comparisons and gloating prayers for their downfall is a little mystifying: why would anyone who claims to have the best interests of freelancers at heart pray for the destruction of hundreds of paying comics jobs?

Because the jobs don't actually pay?

#523506 - 10/07/03 10:52 PM Re: "DON'T BUY CROSSGEN BOOKS" says cheated freelancer
ericomaraltice Offline

Quote:
I keep trying to imagine Omar's obsessiveness if he was there duing the bust up of companies in the late 80s to mid 90s.

I was there.

I've never bought a Crossgen book, even when they had a money-back garentee, so any "boycott" by me would be meaningless.

#523507 - 10/07/03 10:54 PM Re: "DON'T BUY CROSSGEN BOOKS" says cheated freelancer
ericomaraltice Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by KTB:
As much as I hate defending Omar, here is a reply Chuck posted to Omar, including Omar's comments:

Thank you Kevin but Brent is more concerned with his name appearing on The List than he is with the truth.

#523508 - 10/08/03 12:22 AM Re: "DON'T BUY CROSSGEN BOOKS" says cheated freelancer
Rich Koller Offline

Loc: Between the moon and Jersey Ci...
Hey Korvac, where's that Tucker Carlson quote from, if I may ask?

#523509 - 10/08/03 08:21 AM Re: "DON'T BUY CROSSGEN BOOKS" says cheated freelancer
Brent Grenier Offline

Fuck Off, Omar.

First, I've never bought a Crossgen book. I've never been a supporter of Crossgen. This whole thing just proves that my instincts right that they weren't going to last. Egotism is not the first step to running a comic book company.

Second, I feel greatly for the freelancers and am completely disappointed in the way CGE and treated them. It sucks. However, I'm sure the freelancers would rather have CGE succeed so they can possibly GET MONEY FROM THEM. It's more likely to happen than for some obsessive piece of shit to start a "Nuremburg-type list." It's doubtful they'll see any money, but they'd probably rather have the chance to see it than no chance of it at all.

Third, you're playing favorites. If you're so concerned about these freelancers, how come you said nothing when Avatar screwed over one of their freelnacers? Where were you when other companies who were much like Crossgen screwed over their freelancers? You certainly can't use the "I wasn't online" excuse because the Avatar debacle was played out online.

Fuck off, Omar.

I have no problem with the freelancers nor with them making their problems public. It's you I have a problem with. Your obsessive fixation and compulsive need to post every little negative thing you can find about Crossgen. You're a jerk. I'd really like to know what Mark Alessi did to you as a child to make you this pissed off.

You're a sad and obseessive loser, Omar. Go ahead and put me on your fucking supid crappy Crossgen list. The people who know me know that your list means shit. It will be hysterical.

Let me tell you something, Omar. When I found out what Avatar had done to Pat Quinn, I decided right then that I would not get one Avatar book until they did right by him. So, despite work from the company by Warren Ellis, Garth Ennis and Alan Moore, I still have not bought one Avatar book.

Since I found out about this Crossgen situation, I have decided that I would not buy one Crossgen book until they did right by the freelancers. I'm happy to say that I still have not bought one Crossgen book. Yes, I realize the hypocrisy of what I wrote above with this statement about how the freelancers are more likely to get money if CGE succeeds. They'll have to do it without my help.

One more thing...

Fuck off, Omar.

#523510 - 10/08/03 08:24 AM Re: "DON'T BUY CROSSGEN BOOKS" says cheated freelancer
Samuel Catalino Offline

Quote:
Fuck Off, Omar.

First, I've never bought a Crossgen book. I've never been a supporter of Crossgen. This whole thing just proves that my instincts right that they weren't going to last. Egotism is not the first step to running a comic book company.

Second, I feel greatly for the freelancers and am completely disappointed in the way CGE and treated them. It sucks. However, I'm sure the freelancers would rather have CGE succeed so they can possibly GET MONEY FROM THEM. It's more likely to happen than for some obsessive piece of shit to start a "Nuremburg-type list." It's doubtful they'll see any money, but they'd probably rather have the chance to see it than no chance of it at all.

Third, you're playing favorites. If you're so concerned about these freelancers, how come you said nothing when Avatar screwed over one of their freelnacers? Where were you when other companies who were much like Crossgen screwed over their freelancers? You certainly can't use the "I wasn't online" excuse because the Avatar debacle was played out online.

Fuck off, Omar.

I have no problem with the freelancers nor with them making their problems public. It's you I have a problem with. Your obsessive fixation and compulsive need to post every little negative thing you can find about Crossgen. You're a jerk. I'd really like to know what Mark Alessi did to you as a child to make you this pissed off.

You're a sad and obseessive loser, Omar. Go ahead and put me on your fucking supid crappy Crossgen list. The people who know me know that your list means shit. It will be hysterical.

Let me tell you something, Omar. When I found out what Avatar had done to Pat Quinn, I decided right then that I would not get one Avatar book until they did right by him. So, despite work from the company by Warren Ellis, Garth Ennis and Alan Moore, I still have not bought one Avatar book.

Since I found out about this Crossgen situation, I have decided that I would not buy one Crossgen book until they did right by the freelancers. I'm happy to say that I still have not bought one Crossgen book. Yes, I realize the hypocrisy of what I wrote above with this statement about how the freelancers are more likely to get money if CGE succeeds. They'll have to do it without my help.

One more thing...

Fuck off, Omar.

Don't hold back Brent.

Tell us how you really feel about Omar.
laugh

#523511 - 10/08/03 11:16 AM Re: "DON'T BUY CROSSGEN BOOKS" says cheated freelancer
Mark Allen Offline

Loc: Northwestern Oklahoma
Quote:
This whole thing just proves that my instincts right that they weren't going to last.

It may be the end of Crossgen AS WE KNOW IT, but it's not necessarily the end of Crossgen.

A YouTube page! That's..., something.
Four Color Commentary

#523512 - 10/08/03 12:14 PM Re: "DON'T BUY CROSSGEN BOOKS" says cheated freelancer
Samuel Catalino Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Allen:

It may be the end of Crossgen AS WE KNOW IT, but it's not necessarily the end of Crossgen.

You really never know, if Marvel can come out of bankruptcy (which to the best of my knowledge I don't think CGE has declared that yet), it may NOT be the end of CGE as you know it.

#523513 - 10/08/03 12:17 PM Re: "DON'T BUY CROSSGEN BOOKS" says cheated freelancer
Korvac Offline

Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
>>>Hey Korvac, where's that Tucker Carlson quote from, if I may ask? <<<

It's from an interview he did at salon.com promoting his new book - just search Tucker Carlson at Salon, it should be the first thing to pop up.

#523514 - 10/08/03 12:56 PM Re: "DON'T BUY CROSSGEN BOOKS" says cheated freelancer
Ben T. Steckler Offline

Loc: York, PA, USA
CrossGen still has room left on their rope.

They haven't hired Jim Shooter yet, have they?

#523515 - 10/08/03 04:03 PM Re: "DON'T BUY CROSSGEN BOOKS" says cheated freelancer
Notomar Offline

Quote:

Thank you Kevin but Brent is more concerned with his name appearing on The List than he is with the truth.

Your attempts at sarcasm, much like your attempts to not be the fattest fuck in the already fat-fuck-filled comic book fandom, have failed you yet again.

#523516 - 10/08/03 04:37 PM Re: "DON'T BUY CROSSGEN BOOKS" says cheated freelancer
Rich Koller Offline

Loc: Between the moon and Jersey Ci...
Quote:
Originally posted by Korvac:
>>>Hey Korvac, where's that Tucker Carlson quote from, if I may ask? <<<

It's from an interview he did at salon.com promoting his new book - just search Tucker Carlson at Salon, it should be the first thing to pop up.

Thanks.

#523517 - 10/08/03 04:52 PM Re: "DON'T BUY CROSSGEN BOOKS" says cheated freelancer
metron Offline

I don't intend to boycott Crossgen, while at the same time I understand the anger of those creative personnel who've been shafted by Alessi and Crossgen. I didn't boycott DC or Marvel or Archie, either, even though the above companies have a little bit of history of shafting their talent. Crossgen is teetering on the edge of the abyss, here, and a boycott would probably put them out of business, helping no one. I do hope that Mr. Alessi starts to keep his publicly announced word and pays his freelancers. I mean, if I didn't get paid for my work on time, I'd be up a creek. To my way of thinking, the creative personnel should be the first ones in line for payment. cool

#523518 - 10/09/03 06:08 PM Re: "DON'T BUY CROSSGEN BOOKS" says cheated freelancer
chuck gibson Offline

Quote:

You're absolutely right, Brent. I'm no fan of Mark Alessi and I don't think that's any kind of secret at this point, but the man's hardly in the category of evil that Adolf Hitler was.

Thanks for the support to everyone, but maybe the comparison to Nazi Germany is a BIT much. smile

best
chuck

#523519 - 10/09/03 09:06 PM Re: "DON'T BUY CROSSGEN BOOKS" says cheated freelancer
Samuel Catalino Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by chuck gibson:

You're absolutely right, Brent. I'm no fan of Mark Alessi and I don't think that's any kind of secret at this point, but the man's hardly in the category of evil that Adolf Hitler was.

Thanks for the support to everyone, but maybe the comparison to Nazi Germany is a BIT much. smile

best
chuck

Common sense at last! smile

#523520 - 10/09/03 09:07 PM Re: "DON'T BUY CROSSGEN BOOKS" says cheated freelancer
Samuel Catalino Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by jack:

Actually, I moderate it, as I moderate the DC forum as well.

#523521 - 10/09/03 09:10 PM Re: "DON'T BUY CROSSGEN BOOKS" says cheated freelancer
Trevor Giberson Offline

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
Quote:

Actually, I moderate it, as I moderate the DC forum as well.

And yet you don't read any new Crossgen or DC comics?
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to he man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows the triumph of high achievement; and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
- Theodore Roosevelt

"There is a level of cowardice lower than that of the conformist: the fashionable non-conformist."
- Ayn Rand

#523522 - 10/10/03 01:23 PM Re: "DON'T BUY CROSSGEN BOOKS" says cheated freelancer
Casey Sager Offline

Omar has a list? For what...groceries? Has this guy always been a dweeb? I've known of him for almost 6 years, that's a long time to be such a bitter loser.

Casey

#523523 - 10/10/03 01:52 PM Re: "DON'T BUY CROSSGEN BOOKS" says cheated freelancer
Samuel Catalino Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Trevor Giberson:

And yet you don't read any new Crossgen or DC comics?

Your point is...?

#523524 - 10/12/03 11:55 AM Re: "DON'T BUY CROSSGEN BOOKS" says cheated freelancer
cincinnatus Offline

Loc: Cincinnati
Quote:

Your point is...?

I'm going to be guilty of "mind reading" here (according to the Byrne board), but I think the point is why moderate a board on a topic that you apparently have no interest in?

Disclaimer: I have never been to the ORCA CGE and DC boards, so I do not know whether they deal with back issues exclusively or whatnot. But assuming they discuss new issues, which you don't buy any longer (per the "My Era Has Passed" thread), it would seem strange to some (me included) that you would moderate a thread like that.

Unless you get paid to do so, which would make perfect sense.

BTW, Sam, did you track down an issue of JLA/Avengers yet? I would also recommend (if you're still looking for something new to check out) Arrowsmith by Busiek and Pacheco, if you can find it around. Different and interesting.

Jake

#523525 - 10/12/03 03:15 PM Re: "DON'T BUY CROSSGEN BOOKS" says cheated freelancer
Samuel Catalino Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cincinnatus:

I'm going to be guilty of "mind reading" here (according to the Byrne board), but I think the point is why moderate a board on a topic that you apparently have no interest in?

Disclaimer: I have never been to the ORCA CGE and DC boards, so I do not know whether they deal with back issues exclusively or whatnot. But assuming they discuss new issues, which you don't buy any longer (per the "My Era Has Passed" thread), it would seem strange to some (me included) that you would moderate a thread like that.

Unless you get paid to do so, which would make perfect sense.

BTW, Sam, did you track down an issue of JLA/Avengers yet? I would also recommend (if you're still looking for something new to check out) Arrowsmith by Busiek and Pacheco, if you can find it around. Different and interesting.

Jake

I was around when Crossgen started over at San Diego a number of years ago and got to know most of those people then. Some of them are still good friends to this day. I have been to the CGE studios a number of times. The thing is that there have been a number of things I have been told by many over there that I can not talk about publicly as it is their business. Many of the things they are going through now I have some ideas what and why, but I can't discuss it nor will I discuss it here. I just let the so called "newshounds" speculate (they are wrong much more than they are right) and that amuses me a great deal. I also have bought most of the CGE product prior to my stopping purchasing new comics. I have been the moderator there for several years.

#523526 - 10/12/03 06:54 PM Re: "DON'T BUY CROSSGEN BOOKS" says cheated freelancer
Jake.Hazelip Offline

Loc: Tallahassee, Fl, US of A
Quote:

Eclipse, Comico, Now, Kitchen Sink, First, Charlton, etc. Funny how new comics and comics companies keep popping up all the time, but we're all supposed to believe that if CGE goes, there goes the industry right along with it. :rolleyes:

#523527 - 10/13/03 12:40 PM Re: "DON'T BUY CROSSGEN BOOKS" says cheated freelancer
Chris Rednour Offline

Loc: GA
Quote:
Originally posted by cincinnatus:

To be a moderator, you don't have to read the books, you only need to enforce the forum rules.

Back when I was a volunteer mod for Interplay's message boards, I moderated the forums for games I had never played, much less owned. It didn't matter because I was only there to enforce the rules...

#523528 - 10/13/03 12:49 PM Re: "DON'T BUY CROSSGEN BOOKS" says cheated freelancer
Brent Grenier Offline

Quote:
Eclipse, Comico, Now, Kitchen Sink, First, Charlton, etc. Funny how new comics and comics companies keep popping up all the time, but we're all supposed to believe that if CGE goes, there goes the industry right along with it.

That wasn't the point, Jake.

And you know it.

#523529 - 10/13/03 03:58 PM Re: "DON'T BUY CROSSGEN BOOKS" says cheated freelancer
Samuel Catalino Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Rednour:

To be a moderator, you don't have to read the books, you only need to enforce the forum rules.

Back when I was a volunteer mod for Interplay's message boards, I moderated the forums for games I had never played, much less owned. It didn't matter because I was only there to enforce the rules...

That was going to be my next reason, but you explained it well. Thanks!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >